Go Hikari!

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Reichu wrote:I was zipping around DEATH the other day and felt inspired.
Speaking as one who should know, I think you've named the image well. Image

Originally posted on: 08-Jul-2006, 08:57 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Reichu wrote:I can think of ways to improve it, but nothing I feel like implementing right now. Image
I can only imagine how...

Originally posted on: 07-Jul-2006, 21:41 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

More 4chan goodness!

Why is 03 using an MP5? It's a German weapon, so wouldn't it suit Nigouki better? And a plexiglass shield?!?

Renewing the vows? Plus some related images.

...And for those who missed the Double Time Paradox in another thread, here it is again!

Originally posted on: 12-Jul-2006, 18:34 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

WIN. Especially for Treize's elegance. Image

Originally posted on: 12-Jul-2006, 18:43 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Renewing the vows?
That tears it, Eva MUST have the most off-kilter fan artists in all of anime-dom. Image There's gotta be an official notation of this someplace...

Originally posted on: 12-Jul-2006, 19:02 GMT

corncopp6 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby corncopp6 [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Why is 03 using an MP5? It's a German weapon, so wouldn't it suit Nigouki better? And a plexiglass shield?!?
That may be one of the nerdiest things i've ever heard. you get an internet.

Originally posted on: 12-Jul-2006, 19:56 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Why is 03 using an MP5? It's a German weapon, so wouldn't it suit Nigouki better?
Reichu does not understand the significance of this...

And a plexiglass shield?!?
That came as an accessory with the Kaiyodo EVA-04. (Maybe other versions. I dunno.)

That is the most awesome thing I have ever seen.

Originally posted on: 13-Jul-2006, 08:06 GMT

Jabberwok [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jabberwok [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 pm

As far as the Revoltech 03 goes, she looks to come with an Eva-sized tonfa as well.

A decisive battle weapon, Humanoid Riot Control Evangelion Zero Three.

Originally posted on: 12-Jul-2006, 21:37 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Jabberwok wrote:As far as the Revoltech 03 goes, she looks to come with an Eva-sized tonfa as well.
The Kaiyodo Eva-04 came with those too...most useless Eva weaponry ever! I guess they just decided to dump all the leftover junk on Eva-04 because it never actually made an appearance, heh heh.

Originally posted on: 12-Jul-2006, 23:32 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:That tears it, Eva MUST have the most off-kilter fan artists in all of anime-dom. Image There's gotta be an official notation of this someplace...
I dunno, man; Gundam fans are known to create pretty bizarre artworks as well...
corncopp6 wrote:That may be one of the nerdiest things i've ever heard. you get an internet.
You don't visit here often, do you? Image
Reichu wrote:Reichu does not understand the significance of this...
Camperstrike, you play it? Well I don't, but I just thought it would make more sense if the German-built Eva used German-built weapons. Eva-03 on the other hand should use some traditional American weapon such as... uh, a nail bat?

Originally posted on: 13-Jul-2006, 19:53 GMT

CanonRAP [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby CanonRAP [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Image
That. Kicks. ***.

Sorry, am huge fan of tactical shooters.

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:That tears it, Eva MUST have the most off-kilter fan artists in all of anime-dom.
Yes it does...

Dr. Nick wrote:Eva-03 on the other hand should use some traditional American weapon such as... uh, a nail bat?

Originally posted on: 13-Jul-2006, 23:43 GMT

felineki [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby felineki [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Oh, the stuff you find on Japanese auction sites...

Booklet pic 1
Booklet pic 2
Booklet pic 3
Some booklet, apparently full of Eva schematics? Looks kinda dodgy to me, but...
Sachiel faces pendant-thingy
Back of above
Eva movie box set b/w plushie
I want that plush harpy... ;_;

As for the Eva figures getting odd weaponry, I wish they'd actually stick with releasing some of the weapons actually seen in-show that don't usually get made in toy form... such as the long-range variant of the shoulder-mounted Positron Rifle (the one that fires over the shoulder rather than under the arm... it's used by Eva-02 in the Arael episode... only toy release I can think of that included that was the Chogokin Eva-04... I think maybe one of those uber-rare TECT resin model kits had one too, but note "UBER-RARE" there...), the modified verson of the Positron Sniper Rifle Eva-00 uses in that same episode (basically looks the same as the one from the Ramiel episode, but it has a big cylinder sticking out of the side... the Bandai LMHG Eva-04 kit actually had this, the only depiction of that particular weapon I've seen aside from the show itself), and the much-larger-than-usual bazooka that Eva-02 has in the Bardiel episode (which was probably an animation error, but one of the Chogokin Evas actually comes with an oversized model of the standard Eva bazooka which is specifically referred to as "Bazooka (Large Type)" on the box).

Originally posted on: 14-Jul-2006, 01:29 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Oh, I love that pendent...for some reason. o.o

Originally posted on: 14-Jul-2006, 01:31 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Eva-03 on the other hand should use some traditional American weapon such as... uh, a nail bat?
A lawyer. Image

Originally posted on: 14-Jul-2006, 02:58 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

"Tobe, Eva!"

My favorite armorless Eva (well, at least the head/core) fanart that I've done thus far.
A bit flat looking, but really, iduncare, considering it looked like this when first scanned.

Originally posted on: 14-Jul-2006, 05:55 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

felineki wrote:Some booklet, apparently full of Eva schematics? Looks kinda dodgy to me, but...
The "schematics" look like they're for a high-grade figure of some sort.

Eva movie box set b/w plushie
I want that plush harpy... ;_;
One could probably make a plushie of higher quality from materials lying around the house. Image (And... VHS lol)

As for the Eva figures getting odd weaponry, I wish they'd actually stick with releasing some of the weapons actually seen in-show that don't usually get made in toy form... such as the long-range variant of the shoulder-mounted Positron Rifle (the one that fires over the shoulder rather than under the arm...
A Positron Rifle of the variety you speaketh (I think...) came with one of my Kaiyodo figs (but I can't remember which).

Originally posted on: 14-Jul-2006, 06:51 GMT

felineki [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby felineki [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Reichu wrote:The "schematics" look like they're for a high-grade figure of some sort.
Whatever it is, it's... odd. You've got those skeleton pics on the upper-left that look fairly intriguing (would a model or figure go to the trouble of actually having an anatomically accurate skeleton like that? would it even be feasible?), then on the lower two pages you've got a horribly disproportionate Eva-01... I mean, their shoulders are supposed to be braod, but not quite THAT broad.... and their fingers shouldn't hang down to their knees. And then there's the deal with the leg on the upper right page... no clue about that.
A Positron Rifle of the variety you speaketh (I think...) came with one of my Kaiyodo figs (but I can't remember which).
I know that the Kaiyodo Eva-00 and DX Eva-01 came with one of the shoulder-mounted Positron Rifles, but it was the "under-the-arm" type, like you see hanging in NERV's garage in the Ramiel episode, and being fired by Eva-02 for a second or two during the synchronized battle with Israfel. The one in the Arael episode has a sort of scope-looking dealy on it, and the tip of the barrel is sorta like the one on the Positron Sniper Rifle.

Originally posted on: 14-Jul-2006, 07:11 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

felineki wrote:Whatever it is, it's... odd. You've got those skeleton pics on the upper-left that look fairly intriguing (would a model or figure go to the trouble of actually having an anatomically accurate skeleton like that? would it even be feasible?)
Uhhh... I dunno. I guess whenever I manage to pull off a big shopping venture at THAT SITE again, I'll keep an eye out for said book. Now I must know, too!

I mean, their shoulders are supposed to be braod, but not quite THAT broad.... and their fingers shouldn't hang down to their knees.
Unless you've been body-raped by Bardiel. Image

And then there's the deal with the leg on the upper right page... no clue about that.
Looks kind of like an "exploded view", with the 'armor enclosure' broken down into its respective parts and the diagram indicating where they fit onto the leg. Dunno why the leg itself looks so weird.

I know that the Kaiyodo Eva-00 and DX Eva-01 came with one of the shoulder-mounted Positron Rifles, but it was the "under-the-arm" type, like you see hanging in NERV's garage in the Ramiel episode, and being fired by Eva-02 for a second or two during the synchronized battle with Israfel.
Oh. My bad. You're in charge of doing an appendix on Eva weaponry. Image

Originally posted on: 14-Jul-2006, 07:22 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:59 pm

Magami. That pic is sex. Nice.

Originally posted on: 14-Jul-2006, 22:26 GMT

Israfel64 [ANF]
Embryo