Go Hikari!

Over time, notable threads from ANF will be preserved here for the Benefit of All.

Moderators: Ornette, Monk Ed

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Posts: 413
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Treize X wrote:I can't have downloaded them all...
I dunno, sometimes I wonder.

Originally posted on: 01-Jun-2006, 03:44 GMT

CanonRAP [ANF]
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby CanonRAP [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

The Opinionator wrote:Speaking of which, why aren't their mouths bolted shut?
They couldn't have had as much fun with Nigouki if their mouths were bolted shut. Image

Originally posted on: 01-Jun-2006, 04:35 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Posts: 411
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

HeWhoPostsStuff wrote:I dunno, sometimes I wonder.
*amused*

I do happen to have that redesign, BTW. It's certainly interesting but I think a tad too mechanical for the Evangelions. Wait a sec...I was the one who originally posted it in the thread, wasn't I? XD


Originally posted on: 01-Jun-2006, 12:49 GMT

The Opinionator [ANF]
Embryo
Posts: 14
Joined: Oct 20, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Opinionator [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

"Meh" at broken miho and Fred's art in general. The faces are so dull. But this thread is for Eva! To ensure that it stays on track, I submit an animated Asuka. Can you tell what she's saying? Image

Image

Too cute!

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 08:45 GMT

BigBet [ANF]
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 50
Joined: Oct 20, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BigBet [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Here's a new take on an old fave:
Missing You

Originally posted on: 01-Jun-2006, 22:05 GMT

RyoTD [ANF]
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 149
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby RyoTD [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

BigBet wrote:Here's a new take on an old fave:
Missing You
That's so... I dunno, unRei.

Originally posted on: 01-Jun-2006, 22:39 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1145
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

You could say, "Sadamoto's Rei." , who's happy to be away from that terrible kung-fu Asuka.
I like both, personally (though I consider the more static anime one canon...because she is)

Originally posted on: 01-Jun-2006, 22:50 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Posts: 3651
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

The Opinionator wrote:Can you tell what she's saying? Image
Even without looking at the file name, "Omedetou!" (Noticed that waaaayyyyy back.)

EDIT: lolz, I only have 7 posts. Guess they not only disabled the "counter" mechanism for Series Specific, they also subtracted every post made there from the total number. Now my sin is hidden, and alternate methods do not reveal the full scope of the madness. Image

On the other hand, I feel something. A strange sensation. Like a giant, gaping hole in my heart.

Originally posted on: 01-Jun-2006, 23:59 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Posts: 3651
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Just did a quick test in ImageReady (to see if a faster method of ani-GIF creation than the lunacy I've been doing worked), and used this cut just because I know Shin-seiki wants it. Image I eliminated the flashing present in the original for obvious reasons. (Hel-lo, visual fatigue!)

Image

And, yes, it does work. Image

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 04:17 GMT

felineki [ANF]
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 49
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby felineki [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Okay, here's something you don't see every day... A parody of the Evangelion intro consisting of spliced footage from what is apparantly an old promotional anime for the Aum Shinrikyo cult. O_o Strange stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL9gK7jpsi8

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 04:22 GMT

Jabberwok [ANF]
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 57
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Jabberwok [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Reichu wrote:lolz, I only have 7 posts
That is not sin, just dedication.

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 05:32 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Posts: 3651
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Jabberwok wrote:That is not sin, just dedication.
Are you talking about the 17, or the number it was when you subtract ten, multiple by 1,000, and add a whole bunch more? (It was getting close to 8 x 10^3, although none of the people who are coming here for the first time need to know that.)

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 07:29 GMT

Jabberwok [ANF]
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 57
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Jabberwok [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Definitely meant the 99.8% or so drop from before this "forum musical chairs" nonsense.

When I mentioned your impressive plummit to my coworker a little while ago, he just said "Oh noes!"

He was then silent for several seconds before commenting, "I'm more impressed that people could talk about Eva for two years."

"She's actually been registered for three years now," I replied.

All he could say was "Huh..."

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 07:54 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 281
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:45 pm

What was the reason to cut the post counts?

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 21:41 GMT

CanonRAP [ANF]
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby CanonRAP [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:46 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:What was the reason to cut the post counts?
Apparently because people spammed the Series Specific fora too much. You know, because no one ever spams the other ones.

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 21:50 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Posts: 3651
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Jabberwok wrote:Definitely meant the 99.8% or so drop from before this "forum musical chairs" nonsense.
Love the metaphor. Image

When I mentioned your impressive plummit to my coworker a little while ago, he just said "Oh noes!"
Image

(But, for some reason, it feels a lot longer than three years.)

CanonRAP wrote:Apparently because people spammed the Series Specific fora too much. You know, because no one ever spams the other ones.
Win!

I'm not sure if this is ironic or not, but, IIRC, the larger percentage of Reichu's ~8x10^3 posts somehow manage to not be spam. (Or, if they are spam, they are at least self-aware. Image )

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 22:18 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
User avatar
Posts: 370
Joined: Oct 23, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:46 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:What was the reason to cut the post counts?
Over here, admins said they were going to update the post counts so that they reflect the posts that actually exist (i.e. if a post you made 4 years ago got pruned, it wouldn't add to post count). Apparently, that also includes ALL posts in the SS forums. I mentioned that this was the case, but don't really care enough to clarify. Apparently, this has turned off MC enough to leave the forums.

And Reichu had 7834 (no, I didn't memorize it) before the post counter was turned off by admins, announced in this thread

Image <--- Not Spam

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 22:19 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel
User avatar
Posts: 413
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Ornette wrote:Apparently, this has turned off MC enough to leave the forums.
Seriously? Heck, if there was anyone around here who I would figure "They're gonna need to do a lot more than that to get his attention," it'd be him, heh heh.

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 22:23 GMT

AchtungAffen [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 281
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AchtungAffen [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:46 pm

'Tseems like the AN staff is in the same mood I was when I discovered how to configure Apache to swap images on hotlinks (a way that works in a windows environment Apache), ban certain user agents, IP's and
ISP's. I wanted to modify the config all the time adding or substracting stuff.

First the Studio change. Then the rollback. Now this. I wonder what's next.

BTW: Who's MC?

Originally posted on: 02-Jun-2006, 23:55 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Posts: 3651
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:46 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:BTW: Who's MC?
"The content of this post is fact. If you disagree, you are wrong."

Originally posted on: 03-Jun-2006, 00:26 GMT


Return to “AnimeNation Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests