Go Hikari!

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Soluzar wrote:The word "mummy" is also phonetically similar to "Mommy". There is a "mommy" in Eva-02, and Adam is Kaworu's "mommy". Lilith is everyone's "mommy", in a way.

Wowzors. I didn't even consciously think about that stuff when I made that pic, I just copied the text from some other random image macro. ART IMITATES LIFE!

Oh yeah, I might as well get my cyborg yaoi-fic out of the way so I can start tackling Reichu's thread-monsters. So, Keel and Angel Wing are about to start performing asymmetrical docking maneuvers, and Motoko is spying them through a keyhole, boiling with anger as you might guess. I'll spare you (and myself) from the details - after all, this is supposed to be a PS2-game, so nothing could be shown even if the animators wanted to. Therefore, fast-forward to the next scene:

(Exhausted, the two men lay between the sheets, Keel smoking a huge Cuban cigar.)
Angel Wing: "I didn't know you smoked."
Keel: "I only smoke after this sort of thing."
Angel Wing: "I bet it was lung cancer that destroyed your original body."
Keel: "How did you know?"
Angel Wing: "Oh, Jesus tapdancing Christ -"
*Keel slaps Angel Wing*
Keel: "Hey! No blaspheming in my house!"

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 00:33 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

In the interests of curtailing spammish posts, you are hereby all banned.

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 00:34 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

You may wonder, why on earth is a guy like Angel Wing doing something like this, because obviously there are no feelings of amore involved in this affair. But remember Angel Wing's daughter? Not only is the poor girl wheelchair-bound but also blind! I don't remember if the reason for her condition was explained in the show, but for the purposes of cruel parallelism I'm going to say she's suffering from a similar type of cancer that also ravaged Keel's once-so-handsome chassis.

Of course, a simple cyborgization operation could easily give the daughter back her eyesight and her ability to walk. Her papa, however, wasn't very fond of the idea: to him cyborg implants represent the evil he's been fighting against all these years, the intrusion of almighty capitalism into the most intimate areas of people's lives (that's part of the reason why he shoves his own previous bodies into a woodchipper once they've served their usefulness).

Keel, on the other hand, needed a new, deadly pawn he could use to wreak havoc among his ideological enemies, the money-worshipping leaders of the NWO. Through his contacts in German cyborg underworld, Keel tracked Angel Wing down and pulled his usual routine of extortion, seduction and empty promises: "You run some errands for me, and I'll see what my biotechnology experts can do to help your cute little daughter. You're in a war against these guys anyway, so what do you have to lose? Besides, when was the last time you got some?" And the rest is yaoi history.

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 00:36 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Hey Sharp, why does the forum software prevent me from posting more than three paragraphs at a time? Is there some secret yaoi-filter at work here?

Anyway, back to the present moment: Motoko finally grows tired of spying the two because it doesn't seem likely she's going to find out any incriminating details about Keel's businesses just by listening to their pillow talk. But as soon as she kicks in the bedroom door the whole building starts to shake violently. It appears the NWO has also found out Keel's home address (Mana is their spy, you see), and they've sent Gates, Neo and Tokita to get rid of him and the player's Super Robot Team once and for all.

Tokita: "Muahaha haa! You may have defeated me last time, but your good luck ends here. Your miserable circus troupe is no match for the mighty WATER GUN of my Shin Jet Alone Mark VIII!"
Gates: "Screw you, Tokita! I'm going to set some civilians on fire! Woowee~!"
Neo: "I have a bad feeling about this..."
*end cutscene*

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 00:38 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Soluzar wrote:I do <3 it though. Come to think of it, there's got to be some way to work the combination of "Soviet Russia" and "red herring" into an even more grotesque pun...

"Remember kids, in Soviet Tokyo-3, the red Evangelion pilots YOU!"

Whoa... Did you just capture the essence of the Last Combat of Team Soryu, or what? Image

There's also got to be the basis for a macro in this

Shinji: "How do I shot pallet gun?"

Angel: "I dunno, LOL."

Oooo, leave this one to me.

@Dr. Nick: :rofl: I don't even get it, and it's still l0ll0rz. Whenever your Crossover From Hell is finished, you'll have to send me a viewing list. (Yes, I really do watch things just so I can understand references. Whatever gets me going, eh? ;p)

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 01:26 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:In the interests of curtailing spammish posts, you are hereby all banned.

Nooooo! Be merciful! The death sentance instead, I beg of you!

Wowzors. I didn't even consciously think about that stuff when I made that pic, I just copied the text from some other random image macro. ART IMITATES LIFE!

O RLY?

There was me thinking it was another example of your characteristic comic genius. By the way, did you notice this thread becomes more like 4chan with every single post? Image

Reichu wrote:Whoa... Did you just capture the essence of the Last Combat of Team Soryu, or what?
Yeah, that was what I was going for. Image

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 02:01 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Random fact of the day: Treize is collaborating with Dr. Nick. WHAT DEMONIC SPAWN SHALL BE BIRTHED FROM THE MADNESS?!

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 02:05 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

If we're going to post non-eva related memes...

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 04:00 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Soluzar wrote:By the way, did you notice this thread becomes more like 4chan with every single post? Image

Well, hopefully as long as we keep it NGE RELATED, we'll have Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself.

Then, as promised:

I dunno if you want the concept to be ascribed to you or not. Let me know.

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 13:23 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Yui's Eye. XD
I'd do one, but I know this will eventually get tiresome. Image

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 16:45 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Hey Sharp, why does the forum software prevent me from posting more than three paragraphs at a time? Is there some secret yaoi-filter at work here?

No idea.

I seem to be able to do 4.

I think.

Yes.

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 16:47 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Soluzar wrote:By the way, did you notice this thread becomes more like 4chan with every single post?

Not just this thread, but the entire internet! For example, take a look at this.

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 17:18 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Magami No ER wrote:Yui's Eye. XD

It just had to be done. Image

I'd do one, but I know this will eventually get tiresome. Image

Indeed. Unless there are ones that simply SCREAM for the treatment, I'd just as soon move onto bigger and 1337er things... like animated GIFs!

In any case, the descent of this thread into 4chan Hell inspires this reaction in our favorite one-episode character:

For once, Shiro-kun... I'm with you. Let's go back to relentlessly using him as parody material, since he isn't good for much else. Fufufu! Image

More from me later, probably. As if I didn't have enough "better things" to do. Cursed brain noise.

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 17:31 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:Not just this thread, but the entire internet! For example, take a look at this.

XD!

Reichu wrote:I dunno if you want the concept to be ascribed to you or not. Let me know.

Yeah, I'm happy with that. I want credit for my 2.3 seconds of thinking, damn it!

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 19:35 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied

teh linky no worky.

Originally posted on: 19-Jan-2006, 22:04 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Yeah. It seems like they locked everybody out when I tried to link to the images. Here's one of them with the text removed at least (a MiB parody), a great Rei\Yui pairing that we really see far too little of.

[IMG]Image[/IMG]

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2006, 00:19 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

millinniummany3 wrote:Yeah. It seems like they locked everybody out when I tried to link to the images. Here's one of them with the text removed at least (a MiB parody), a great Rei\Yui pairing that we really see far too little of.

There's definitely something not right about their proportions in that picture. Human anatomy just doesn't look like that, not even in anime. Actually, light just dawned on me - it's not the anatomy so much as it is the way the artist has draw the plugsuits. They really aren't cut like that. The reasons why not should be obvious.

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2006, 00:28 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

And where are there realistic pics of Rei in her plug suit, prey tell? Most of them make her out to be, well, nicely stacked is one word for it.

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2006, 00:32 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Honestly, I've met 14-year-olds who were more "endowed" than Rei was at the beginning of the series (EoE being another story...). But yes, those plugsuits do seem to be a bit... inflated in certain areas.

Milennium, if you e-mail those pics to me, I can host them via my own website so everyone can see them. My address is [email protected]

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2006, 04:46 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”