Go Hikari!

Over time, notable threads from ANF will be preserved here for the Benefit of All.

Moderators: Ornette, Monk Ed

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Magami No ER wrote:Treize would love that if only that was an actual harpy head and not the mutated Rei one. Image
Yes, I mean love in that way.

Yes. Yes'm I would. Image

*runs off to draw naughty harpy pics*

Originally posted on: 15-Sep-2005, 02:13 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Ah, I love the disturbing & strange peeps, so wonderfully amusing..Image

Originally posted on: 15-Sep-2005, 02:40 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 pm

This one is for Magami.

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 08:53 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 pm

^ Cool! Where'd you get that?! Image

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 08:56 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 pm

Reichu wrote:This one is for Magami.

I'm honored, since by Kaworu dying, he gets to be giant & white. Image
What program do you make your gifs with, btw?
Oh, and here's s'more for Trieze, though he probably has this:
Fürchten Sie ihr grünes tounge!

Originally posted on: 15-Sep-2005, 21:04 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 pm

Yep, I haves it. Here's a nifty little something in exchange, drawn by the 1337 one, Nephilim:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...StanceTitle.jpg

EDIT: Fixed for Reichu (sorry bout that).

Originally posted on: 15-Sep-2005, 21:14 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

^ Please, man, anything bigger than 400 wide, LINK DON'T EMBED! REICHU CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!! Fix, please.

Nephilim is very good at the armored Evas. I definitely admire him from a technical POV, as well. His naked Evas frighten me, though. :shudder: I've said that before, so I'll shut up now.

Shin-seiki wrote:^ Cool! Where'd you get that?!

:chuckle: Well, I couldn't figure out any practical reason why you gave me every frame, so I figured, "Hey, I'll made an animated GIF, so I can see his head falling again and again and again! YAY!"

Magami wrote:I'm honored, since by Kaworu dying, he gets to be giant & white.
What program do you make your gifs with, btw?

White with an appropriate pink tint. Image On a completely random note, I have a new stupid pet theory that GNK is actually female -- this is the REAL reason why "he" has a completely smooth groin. Adam returned to her original gender, but left the rest of her human form alone because it was "adequately feminine", considering what she used to look like. GAH HAH HAHHHH!

Program is ImageReady. It comes with PhotoShop (how you "acquire" PS is your own business...) and it's really easy to use. Playing around with frames of preexisting animation to get something slightly different is fun, too (as you can see with my "nuking" harpy).

Originally posted on: 15-Sep-2005, 22:27 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:^

On a completely random note, I have a new stupid pet theory that GNK is actually female -- this is the REAL reason why "he" has a completely smooth groin.

GNR as a whole (not the Rei, Lilith, or Adam part) is eitehr a herma or genderless(yeah right), in a God sorta why. In anycase, only Kaworu's face was seen by Shinji, that's all that was needed for him to relax. It was obvious in the shower scene he saw something good we didn't. Image j/k though, because males in NGE don't have "outside" winkies. >.> I'm never typing that word again.
Program is ImageReady. It comes with PhotoShop (how you "acquire" PS is your own business...) and it's really easy to use. Playing around with frames of preexisting animation to get something slightly different is fun, too (as you can see with my "nuking" harpy).

Oh I know, Mr. Gundam and Levon showed me their wonderful gifs. Image
And I have PS...maybe I have image ready. O.O *sprints*

Originally posted on: 15-Sep-2005, 23:08 GMT

K2Grey [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:37 pm

I don't think there's any regular Japanese animation which depicts genitalia due to censorship laws. I'd just as rather not see them anyway.

Originally posted on: 15-Sep-2005, 23:46 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Yes, that's the technical reason. But we must make things like this up to amuse ourselves.

Originally posted on: 15-Sep-2005, 23:51 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Genitalia are just another part of the animalian body. Nothing intrinsically wrong with them. All the other animals are just walking around with their parts exposed and none of them care (and if you're a bonobo... well, Google and see what I mean). They'll sniff and lick each other and it's no big deal. Human taboos are pretty bizarre when you look at the big picture.

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 02:42 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 pm

And let's face it, they're instrumental (no pun intended) to pretty much all of us being here, and censors freak out at nudity and sex while graphic violence and mutilation are perfectly acceptable.

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 02:51 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Takumi wrote:*insert Shinji style scream here*

I'M MAKING THIS INTO A YTMND

Now that I finally know what a YTMND is, I'm scared. What song would you use, I wonder?

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 06:51 GMT

Takumi [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Reichu wrote:Now that I finally know what a YTMND is, I'm scared. What song would you use, I wonder?

The "I'm too Sexy for My Shirt" song, maybe? Just a random thought. If you can think of a better song please tell me.

I could also use the Spinnas song. Get on AIM, I'll send you the link to it. It's a little too spicy for the boards,

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 06:58 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Reichu wrote:Genitalia are just another part of the animalian body. Nothing intrinsically wrong with them. All the other animals are just walking around with their parts exposed and none of them care (and if you're a bonobo... well, Google and see what I mean). They'll sniff and lick each other and it's no big deal. Human taboos are pretty bizarre when you look at the big picture.

Eh true but they're have always been reason for trying to not be exposed that were more practical then prudish (or fear of laws)
I just take em' taboos as little quirks of humanity.

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 16:48 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 pm

@Takumi: For some reason, my mind automatically gravitates towards "Staying Alive"... Now if only I had the talent to replace the background with disco lights.

@Magami: What were the "practical" reasons? I deal with the taboos since I'm not an anarchist, but I still think they're all quite silly...

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 18:00 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

I was vaguely refering to the common "naked" taboo, I mean, there are practical reasons for wearing clothes, though more important health wise for older centuries (if ya take a bath nce a year, uh....yeah)

Originally posted on: 17-Sep-2005, 08:20 GMT

Takumi [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Reichu wrote:@Takumi: For some reason, my mind automatically gravitates towards "Staying Alive"... Now if only I had the talent to replace the background with disco lights.

I'll look for a GIF editor and see what I can do about it.

Originally posted on: 17-Sep-2005, 08:30 GMT

Supercat [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Supercat [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:38 pm

I agree that the human race holds a lot of odd little taboos, like why guys can take off their shirts, and women can't, (seriously, there's nothing all that special about boobs), but I can see how covering yourself a little bit might be practical. First of all, for warmth. This doesn't apply during the summer, of course. But another reason might be-- Well, I saw A Clockwork Orange the other day, and after reading this thread it got me thinking-- wearing clothes serves as a sort of defense. Okay, I'm sure that sounds silly, but allow me to explain. When do you generally take your clothes off? When taking a shower or changing clothes, having sex, or... being raped, in which case it's not you who takes your clothes off, but, well, you see what I'm saying... When you've got your clothes off, all of a sudden you become vulnerable.

The question is, is that because of the taboo or not? Well, unfortunately, popular culture has left many people ashamed of their bodies, which is really a shame, but I feel that for the most part the need to have clothes evolved from the need to have warmth and eventually the need to have security. Would we be just as safe without our clothes? Of course not.

Plus, think of it as a sort of... Natural procreation barrier. The only time you can have sex is when your partner gives you the mental heads-up-- "Okay, you can awkardly take my clothes off now." Geez, if we ran around without clothes on, screwing each other whenever we felt like it, there'd be way too many of us stinking humans on this planet (there are already quite a few!).

Of course, unfortunately, a side effect of this "security" is that now most people freak out when they see a naked body. Image But, hey, not everyone! The French, for example, are notorious for being comfortable with the naked body, and they still wear clothes. *waves around French nationality like the proud little surrender monkey I am* Image

Hmm.... I'm sorry, I got a little too into this subject. Heh. Image

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 21:00 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

I love Go Hikari. It makes people interesting. Image

Originally posted on: 16-Sep-2005, 21:12 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”