Go Hikari!

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Reichu wrote:What's there to debate, my good man? It's one of the few NGE pairings that's actually CANON. Some things should just not be messed with. Image

Actually, I always took it that Shinji and Asuka would never get together, ever. Or at least that, they might have, but both had torpedoed the relationship past the point of salvage.

Originally posted on: 10-Apr-2005, 17:21 GMT

DufFuS101 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby DufFuS101 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Well Shinji and Asuka did ended up together, not exactly in the most ideal way but...

Originally posted on: 10-Apr-2005, 18:18 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Reichu wrote:What's there to debate, my good man?

Topics for debate? Things like "Did we see the same show/movies?"; "Straining at gnats and swallowing camels?"; "The Action Arc - rom-com or sit-com?"; "Class - The elephant in Misato's sitting room?" (The latter three are really special cases of the former). But we'll come to those and related issues in good time in the commentary, I would hope.

OMF wrote:Actually, I always took it that Shinji and Asuka would never get together, ever. Or at least that, they might have, but both had torpedoed the relationship past the point of salvage.

Pretty much my take on things - and even then the "might have" would have turned on their sharing a different shape of desperation - which pretty much amounts to being different people.

DufFuS101 wrote:Well Shinji and Asuka did ended up together, not exactly in the most ideal way but...

I believe the verdict on how far short of ideal things were was "Kimochi warui." Image

Originally posted on: 10-Apr-2005, 19:19 GMT

Joeshie [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Joeshie [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:I believe the verdict on how far short of ideal things were was "Kimochi warui." Image

That line can be interpereted in many different ways. You can't say with certainty that it was directed at Shinji. Although, I can't say with certainty that it wasn't directed at Shinji either.

Soluzar wrote:Maybe I'm just a Dirty Old Man(TM), but when I looked at that transration, my first thought was that kiss marks on the thighs must mean implied oral sex.

I believe that you are correct. In my intial viewing, I didn't notice the "inner" part.

Originally posted on: 10-Apr-2005, 19:27 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:05 pm

Joeshie wrote:I believe that you are correct. In my intial viewing, I didn't notice the "inner" part.

As I posted earlier, SpaceAlc confirms that 'kiss marks' are indeed hickies.

Originally posted on: 10-Apr-2005, 19:49 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Let us not debate "Kimochi warui" here. If we start, we won't finish. The four horsemen will have to pry the keyboards from our fingers on the last day!(Unless they decide to join in)

I for one, think the genius of the line, lies in it's ambiguity. I'm happy with it, so I'll leave it like that.

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 08:06 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Getting back on topic, leaving aside "Kimochi Warui", and the issue of who is the Official Dirty Old Man around here Image, I just realised that Keiske-kun's scanlation of "Hikari the 6th" is in a different thread.

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 08:13 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:06 pm

So much Asuka, I got the urge to post:

http://img160.echo.cx/img160/8702/asukac6my.jpg

And yes, I drew/painted this, with the only computer enachment being the glowing core.

Originally posted on: 10-Apr-2005, 21:36 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Aw, that's so kawaii! The look on Asuka's face is priceless. Kyoko's left arm looks a little truncated, though.

Originally posted on: 10-Apr-2005, 21:40 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Thanks...actually, Kyouko's half balling up her fist, hence, the thumb appears short.^^

Originally posted on: 10-Apr-2005, 21:41 GMT

millinniummany3 [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby millinniummany3 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:06 pm

EvilAnimeQueen wrote:I found another King Gendo-y type one! Image

He looks like he's been crowned king bastard and is not happy about it.

EvilAnimeQueen wrote:Oh, and millinniummany, your link didn't work for me...Image

Yeah. When I tried it came up with this.

Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /hsphere/local/home/muppets/imagecup.com/include/functions.inc.php on line 96
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

Needless to say I'm upset about it. First they bastardise everything, delete all the pics there and stuff, now that they made the changes it's not working.

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 11:54 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

I got onto your image server, mm. What is it with you and Steve Austin? Image

BTW, found some Asuka illos (as if the world really needed any more) here.

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 15:31 GMT

Mr. Tines [ANF]
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Rei 9 looks more like Yui to me; and I'm not sure that that is Rei ravishing one of her schoolmates on page 4. Some nice Maya pics, though.

Reichu wrote:I got onto your image server, mm. What is it with you and Steve Austin? Image

And I show my age by thinking the Six Million Dollar Man whenever that name is mentioned.

Reichu wrote:BTW, found some Asuka illos (as if the world really needed any more) here.

Well, here's a change of pace from one of the sites linked from Pengel...

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 17:59 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

For a REAL change of pace -- I need to get back into doing my own fan-art, one of these days. So many unexploited possibilities! It's sad! No, scratch that, it's disgusting! Kimochi warui! What kind of a world is this, where there are so many Reis and Asukas but so few Evas and Angels? A sad and depraved world, that's what! :shakes fist:

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 18:46 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:And I show my age by thinking the Six Million Dollar Man whenever that name is mentioned.

Don't worry about it, so do I. I only just realised when you posted that the reference was to "Stone Cold"

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 19:15 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:For a REAL change of pace -- I need to get back into doing my own fan-art, one of these days. So many unexploited possibilities! It's sad! No, scratch that, it's disgusting! Kimochi warui! What kind of a world is this, where there are so many Reis and Asukas but so few Evas and Angels? A sad and depraved world, that's what! :shakes fist:

That remindsme (for whatever reason), I should attempt that Akira/Keel "cell-like image, I think I can do it, seeing as it worked for my avi. Image
^Looking foward to yer new stuffs.

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 19:27 GMT

Calbob [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Calbob [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:06 pm

I just read 47 pages of this wonder thread.

Some of the pictures are genius.

This is why the interent was invented (by al gore :-)

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 19:44 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Wow, all at once?
(This thread needs to be saved on a HDD or archived or something, not deleated when they're are too many pages...that would be sad). But yeah, in anycase it is awesome.^^

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 19:46 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Well, there is fan-art out there that manages to emulate the 'cel style' well enough that I'd dumped them in with official illustrations before knowing better... It certainly is possible. One can do a lot of cool things with computers these days.

Oh, and I don't think new stuff will be coming from me anytime soon... I have far too much ambition and not nearly enough consistency. But it's fun to dream.

For example, my latest dream is to take my ultimate revenge against those wretched and cliched H-doujinshi and make something as utterly stupid and crude as they -- except with Evas/Angels instead of 'cute girls/boys'. And for maximum accessibility, this volume would be based directly on the show -- no BES stuff --, warping preexisting situations into vile smut. (For example, Yui-sama 'taking the Angel into herself' :cough:, the harpies ravishing Kyoko-sama, menage a trois courtesy of Armisael, etc.) Then I would get it uploaded in as many places as possible (where H is permissable), then sit back and enjoy the sweet, sweet chaos. My gawd, it would be wonderful.

:sighs happily:

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 19:50 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:07 pm

You get off to creating chaos via Evas, don't you. Image

Originally posted on: 11-Apr-2005, 19:55 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”