Go Hikari!

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

saiyajin prince [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby saiyajin prince [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Which eva did that!?!!

Originally posted on: 17-Jan-2004, 01:42 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:11 pm

NakedEYE666 wrote:I'm painfully racist in favor of my own kind (FYI I don't consider skin color to cause divergance of race) and any Evangelion that turns into an angel and beat the hell out of everyone gets called by its color by me personally. Image

Doesn't change the fact that EVA-03 is technically dark blue. Image

And she never "turned into" an angel, her body tissue was invaded by Bardiel, who presumably controlled her body via the nervous system and entry plug. But that's bogging you down in technicalities you probably aren't interested in.

Originally posted on: 17-Jan-2004, 03:25 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Reichu wrote:Doesn't change the fact that EVA-03 is technically dark blue. Image

And she never "turned into" an angel, her body tissue was invaded by Bardiel, who presumably controlled her body via the nervous system and entry plug. But that's bogging you down in technicalities you probably aren't interested in.

I'm interested, but it just won't change my overall assesment, because I'm illogical sometimes Image It looks quite black to me, maybe I'm color-blind, but if not I'm fairly sure it is black. Even though it was invaded by an angel, it still beat the crap out of everbody in a horific way... and it's ultimate fate that followed afterward doesn't actually make it any better, but all the more horrifying... good memories...

Originally posted on: 17-Jan-2004, 15:49 GMT

nicotine [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby nicotine [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

awsome! that pic rocks!

Originally posted on: 17-Jan-2004, 15:56 GMT

shogo monster [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shogo monster [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

I like these pics, I've never seen them before. Sweet.:crush:

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 20:05 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

I have a collection of pix that were on Gainax' top page. They were posted on 4chan. Since they're no longer up on that site, I zipped 'em up and uploaded then to my web server. You can download them here:
http://homepage.mac.com/csf2860/FileSharing8.html
The collection is incomplete, and the files are named as found. Check 'em out tho, there are some pretty cool pix, and just about every Gainax series I can think of is included...

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 13:28 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:I have a collection of pix that were on Gainax' top page. They were posted on 4chan. Since they're no longer up on that site, I zipped 'em up and uploaded then to my web server. You can download them here:
http://homepage.mac.com/csf2860/FileSharing8.html
The collection is incomplete, and the files are named as found. Check 'em out tho, there are some pretty cool pix, and just about every Gainax series I can think of is included...

Freaking Awesome.

But if those are pictures from Gainax top page, why are there characters from shows (At lest to the best of my knowledge) Gainax had nothing to do with? Like Crest of the Stars?

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 18:21 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

tv33 wrote:Freaking Awesome.

But if those are pictures from Gainax top page, why are there characters from shows (At lest to the best of my knowledge) Gainax had nothing to do with? Like Crest of the Stars?
I dunno, mabe I screwed up and included some that weren't part of the collection -o-;

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 18:26 GMT

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

I couldn't let this cool Hikari picture drop off the edge of the world.

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 02:20 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Reichu wrote:You can call her "EVA-03", you know. And, technically, she's dark blue, not black.

So Hikari's piloting one of the harpies? Poor dear... Just because no one's posted this yet, here's a related image I had lying around, though I have no clue about the original source:

Maybe the EVA-05 she's piloting has an onsen penguin head instead of the typical MP mug. Talk about your strange visual concepts... p'raps I should draw it. :evil:

Also, based on the copyright notice on the "Gainax group" pic, I'd say it WASN'T originally from the Gainax homepage.

I have no idea of teh pic you posted but Im guessing its from that doujin I just translated.

Anyone find it strange that hikaris plug suit looks exactly like asukas and that shes labeled as the 5th? I don't know why but I also expected hikaris plug suit to be green. Plus her plug seems to be designed like shinjis and before this Shinji is the only one with a plug that has the metal brace or whatever around the torso.

Cool pic though. Hikari in her custom "Lyrical tatse" Harpie Image

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 03:07 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Fixed the link.

Heh, why shouldn't her plugsuit be a color swap of Asuka's? All of the boys' plugsuits are color swaps of each other.

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 03:25 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Hmm, I hadn't seen that pic before, I guess it musta been posted a bit before I got here...pretty amusing, heh heh. Though it'd be even more amusing if Hikari's Unit got the "makeover" suggested in that doujin strip posted not long back. Image

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 03:33 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

'Tis a shame that there's not much room for fanfictionly maneuvering in the NGE world. The idea of that trio being the pilots for Evangelions 03 through 05 would be something that I could feel quite motivated to write about if there was any way that the premise wouldn't just fall flat on it's face from the word go.

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 03:35 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Methinks that with the magic of the "Alternate Universe" fic you can do pretty much anything you want in Eva fiction...it just depends on how much verbal abuse you're willing to take from purists, heh heh.

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 03:38 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Would purists bother reading such things in the first place?

I can see it already -- three additional Angels attack, each representing a trial for our three new pilots. For Toji, the Angel bears an uncanny resemblance to an enormous obento. For Kensuke, an exact replica of an antique piece of aircraft. Hikari... err... a giant, naked Toji?

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 03:43 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Reichu wrote:Would purists bother reading such things in the first place?

I can see it already -- three additional Angels attack, each representing a trial for our three new pilots. For Toji, the Angel bears an uncanny resemblance to an enormous obento. For Kensuke, an exact replica of an antique piece of aircraft. Hikari... err... a giant, naked Toji?

Well, that's what I mean, y'see. No point at all going beyond the 19 angels, right? No, that's not a typo. If she thinks hard enough, Rachel knows what I mean. Image

If I were going to write this thing, I'd have Toji join much sooner - just after Asuka did, and basically ret-con everything from there onwards. Just wipe out the series, and rewrite chunks of it. I'd need to stretch out the times between angel attacks, and include more side-plots. Toji and Hikari would get the bulk of the 'screen-time', and Kensuke... well, I have a theory about how to work his sub-plot, that I've actually been toying with for some time, now.... Oh, nuts! Now I'm actually considering this. Stop me... please! Image

Guys, I need your help. Just tell me it's a bad idea, and then I don't need to let my brain start writing this thing without my consent. Repeat after me, "Biscuit, as a fanfic, your idea is teh sux0r!

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 03:49 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Soluzar wrote:Well, that's what I mean, y'see. No point at all going beyond the 19 angels, right? No, that's not a typo. If she thinks hard enough, Rachel knows what I mean. Image

Apparently, Rachel cannot think as hard tonight as she would like. Image

I'd need to stretch out the times between angel attacks, and include more side-plots.

You need look no further than the video games. But have Mana die. Please.

Stop me... please! Image

:looks around for her bondage tape:

Guys, I need your help. Just tell me it's a bad idea, and then I don't need to let my brain start writing this thing without my consent. Repeat after me, "Biscuit, as a fanfic, your idea is teh sux0r!

You should at least try to finish your "Thesis" first, if you follow my meaning...

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 03:58 GMT

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Reichu wrote:Apparently, Rachel cannot think as hard tonight as she would like. Image
Well, well, well. As far as I am aware, you were among the first to recognise the 19th Angel. I became enlightened during my time in the Raptorian Sector, and since then, I have had a greater understanding of the mysteries of the NGE Universe...

You should at least try to finish your "Thesis" first, if you follow my meaning...
:Sigh: Another project that has a life of it's own... I have far too many ideas for that, so it's a process of relentless self-editing, since a lot of them prove somewhat impractical. I may do a rough-cut first and then refine it later. I'll share something with the world in about two weeks time, I say, as I shall regret saying later. Image

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 04:04 GMT

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Reichu wrote:Would purists bother reading such things in the first place?

You know they would, just so they could complain more eloquently about it...heck even at the "Shmups" forum I visit stuff like this happens. "Hardcore" players who brag about "never going near" certain games/practices/etc. will ALWAYS invade a related thread made by others just to bust their chops about it...

It's all a matter of how much you're able to shut 'em out, heh...at least when they're just being jerks, rather than actually attempting to offer honest advice.

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 05:22 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Soluzar wrote:Well, well, well. As far as I am aware, you were among the first to recognise the 19th Angel. I became enlightened during my time in the Raptorian Sector, and since then, I have had a greater understanding of the mysteries of the NGE Universe...

:lightbulb:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Image

It sucks when I forget my own jokes. Image

Originally posted on: 09-Jan-2005, 06:02 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”