NGE Role-Play Discussion Thread

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:44 pm

Good point. I believe honsou who would be playing Zer isn't going to make him a"bad guy" however. Maybe I'll do something with Gendo, I'm not really sure yet.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:The thread needs MOAR of the antagonists to do stuff, me thinks.

Yeah, I've seriously been meaning to do that. I'll work on a post sometime this week.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Nothing better to get things moving than to introduce something new, I'm guessing I ought to start my character off by having him wash up on the beach?
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:32 am

Eternally Lost Zeppo wrote:Nothing better to get things moving than to introduce something new, I'm guessing I ought to start my character off by having him wash up on the beach?

If you keep him isolated, it won't change anything.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:12 am

i might try to get kensuke to do something stupid...dunno
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:25 am

SSD said she was planning something about bringing Gendo to the rooftop, which would lead to a conversation between him and Sachiel.
- Sachi

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Sachi_13: Thanks for reminding me, I completely forgot about that. :sweatdrop: I'll get on that post right away.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Formless One is on a temporary break and wanted me to let you all know that if anybody wants to take up Sandy or Marti for the time being, that's okay with him.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:29 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Formless One is on a temporary break

Haven't we all been? :wink:
- Sachi

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:44 pm

no

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Wondering if I shouldn't also play Ryu's sister Mai, it doesn't seem to make sense that he would leave Instrumentality without her- being the protective big brother type - unless he was leaving to go after her. Or maybe I can come up with some other reason somewhere along the line.

Whatever the case, Ryu himself hasn't a clue what's going on right now.
I'll post again in a little bit, just waiting to give some other people a chance to post first.

EDIT: Actually, maybe I can forget the thing about his sister for the moment, I didn't even mention him having one in the character profile. She was only in the earlier profile.

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:05 am

Formless One wrote:Right now its me, the guy playing Bardiel (I don't remember who offhand 'cause its been a while since the last few posts) and a few of the other angels as well, although they are not as clear-cut antagonists.

Did you forget my name? Although I do not have Bardiel anymore, I was the last player to have him, because now he's in purgatory. Besides, ever since I got him, he was less off and antagonist.

I think right now we need to get the story back in full motion, before we throw any more antagonists in there. I'm sure Sachiel's conversation with Gendo ought to stir up a few things.

Eternally Lost Zeppo wrote:I'll post again in a little bit, just waiting to give some other people a chance to post first.

How many other people are active? I can't really tell with all these delays and whatnot. And I'm sure no one's been keeping up with the "two week expiration", so it's hard to trust the first post. (ie, AsukaChan has been gone for a while, again. So has her characters expired?)
- Sachi

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:43 pm

Crap, I forgot all about the 2 week expiration. >_< Yeah, it seems like Asukachan's characters expired but I believe AyrYntake and Broken Angel are still okay.

....Is there anything we're (or maybe just me) doing wrong with players tending to show up then quitting or just disappearing? Are there too many rules for the RP, lack of interest or simply people being busy with other things?

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:30 pm

I think we're all just busy (finals, schoolwork, jobs, etc.), I'll have a lot of time next week (only 3 exams woot) so I'll try to post then.
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:....Is there anything we're (or maybe just me) doing wrong with players tending to show up then quitting or just disappearing? Are there too many rules for the RP, lack of interest or simply people being busy with other things?

Nothing wrong with anything. Of the majority of members on Evageeks, only a handful write. Of those who write, only a handful write fanfiction. Of those who write fanfiction, only a handful will write in an RPG. Of those who will write in an RPG, only a handful have the time to keep up with it (either with school, or work, or just personal business). This particular RPG has been going on for almost a year, and a couple of posts a week every week is a lot. You're not doing anything wrong, we just suck. :leekspin:

But, another factor could be the length of this RPG already. Some people may either be intimidated by how much they'd have to read to keep up, or think they won't be invited into something that's been going on so long. But there could be plenty of other reasons.
- Sachi

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:59 pm

Sachi_13 wrote:But, another factor could be the length of this RPG already. Some people may either be intimidated by how much they'd have to read to keep up, or think they won't be invited into something that's been going on so long. But there could be plenty of other reasons.

Speaking as a newcomer, I think that's a valid point. As it is, I haven't been able to read through all of the previous stuff yet because there's so much of it.

Then again, all of the stuff that came before is stuff my character wouldn't necessarily know about, so wouldn't it make sense that I don't neccesarily need to have read all of that stuff already? It limits my OOC knowledge, making me less likely to metagame, either consciously or unconsciously.
Or maybe I'm thinking too much along the lines of tabletop RP there... :sweatdrop:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Just as an FYI, there are people standing in the lobby of the apartment. Also, there's no electricity or running water.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Just as an FYI, there are people standing in the lobby of the apartment. Also, there's no electricity or running water.

Thanks, adjusted my latest post to say I was stepping inside the building. I'll try not to make a habit of that. Sorry.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:34 pm

SSD wrote:Also, there's no electricity or running water.

Seeds can be reluctantly persuaded to synthesize water if people are lazy.

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:....Is there anything we're (or maybe just me) doing wrong with players tending to show up then quitting or just disappearing? Are there too many rules for the RP, lack of interest or simply people being busy with other things?

I think it's the fact that other players are also immobilized when just a few people drop out, because active people have to wait for the people they're interacting with.

It's also a bit hazy because we don't really have much of a purpose to aim towards. We've pretty much reached a community stage where everyone's happy, and the only remotely "big" problem was the Matariel-contaminated water, and as far as I know Formless One hasn't caused any problems since. Antagonist or not, maybe we need someone to stir up trouble somehow... :evil grin:

Concerning the whole Fuyutsuki thing, I really need EB to write something so I know whether to respond/bugger off and do something else.

Also, umm...I think I split Israfel into two mentally linked (schizo) characters a while back. Can anyone suggest a place where they could join in and interact? It's getting kinda monotonous on its own...or maybe I should get Israfel to be an antagonist?

One more thing is that the problem of the standing in the lobby/lifts/apartment/beach thing could be eased by drawing a map. Should I give it a try, and send it to you people by email?
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Return to “Role-Playing Related”