NGE Role-Play Discussion Thread

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:49 am

Er... sorry if my reply is a bit... under your standard. I tend to know more about things like strategy and tactics, less about details like field jargon and equipment. But I'll try.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:50 am

should i ask BoBBQ?
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:08 am

Yes. I'll give you an answer, but BobBQ would probably have a better one.
[/opinion]

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:02 am

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:Yae and Arael, Adam and Lilith are expecting responses. Just a reminder. :boingy:

Wut?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:08 am

The thread did keep moving without you, you know. At a snails pace, but it moved. You might want to read it and catch up.
[/opinion]

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:06 pm

I have read it, but I misread his post. I thought he was talking to me.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:43 pm

Bump. This thread literally vanished, and I actually had to follow a link to find it. What was up with that?
[/opinion]

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:29 am

i am awaiting responses and a reply from Bob. i think he's primarily busy with Tenant of Rm404 and other stuff...o.O

so i guess we'll just hunker down or something

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:56 pm

Um, your last post said apartment @ TAO. Are you asking about the store? I was under the impression that there were about 3 floors or so. :shrug:

With the apartment complex, I don't think it was ever decided, but I thought there was only about 5 floors at most.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:19 pm

i meant the shoppin' mall. armisael's visit to the 3rd floor confirmed that there is a 3rd floor, but it can have more levels, i suppose...when someone thinks up a purpose for those extra levels...

so so far only 3 floors for the shopping mall i guess

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:59 pm

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:i am awaiting responses and a reply from Bob.

I didn't give you one already? Sorry, must have gotten swept under the workload.

Unfortunately, military radio use isn't one of my strong points. In my experience, something fairly convincing can be had by judicious use of specific language - "ten-four" and all that - and careful use of the NATO phonetic alphabet and reporting names. You might be able to find some real-world footage with usable dialog on Youtube.

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi, just joined recently and was wondering if I might be able to make an original character for the game? I already have the idea worked out from an older RP.

Name: Kaito Kurokawa (aka Ryu Yamato)
Nationality: Japanese
Physical description: Tall, thin, but in good physical shape, for someone who looks 14.
Hair, color and style: Spikey dark brown hair.
Eyes: Brown
Other appearance notes:

Background: Ryu Yamato and his younger sister were seperated from their father during the riots which followed after Second Impact. He lost hold of his sister and by the time he managed to get back to her, a stray bullet had hit her. Ryu's father blamed him, and Ryu was sent to a home.
These events left him shell-shocked for some time, until he snapped himself out of it. He resolved to protect those who couldn't protect themselves, and joined the police.

An unknown condition, possibly a side-effect of Second Impact, resulted in Ryu's physical age becoming stuck at 14. Nonetheless, he left school and graduated police academy, progressing to the rank of Detective Inspector by the age of 28. In 2014 he was sequestered by NERV to become one of their Section 2 operatives. Due to his 'unique physical attributes' he was placed inside Tokyo-3 Municipal Junior High School as an undercover bodyguard. The Children were never aware of his true purpose, only knowing him in passing as Kaito Kurokawa.

Due to computer database corruption following Third Impact, Ryu's true identity was wiped from existence. Now only Kaito Kurokawa officially exists. On the one hand, he quite enjoys reliving junior high, on the other, he has never been entirely happy with being mistaken as a teenager by his peers, so posing as one occasionally feels awkward.

'Kaito' is a great cook but also an excellent investigator. The experience of losing his sister causes him to feel a sense of responsibility towards younger people. He also suffers from a Peter Pan complex in terms of his personality. Despite being 29 and (formerly) wishing to be acknowledged as such by his peers, he nonetheless tends to behave in the manner of a teenager at times, perhaps because he can get away with it.
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 pm

You can join, but your character... well, I kinda wonder about that whole "29 year old stuck in a 14 year old's body" shtick. It just feels a little out of place and unnecessary. Otherwise, the character is okay, I guess.

My advice on roleplaying a good character is to go in with fewer details about your character so that you can develop them and reveal their backstory as you play. This makes writing more rewarding, both for you and for the other players.

Of course, I would like to point out that this game seems to be on hold for the time being. When it picks back up you will be welcome, of course.
[/opinion]

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:22 am

Formless One wrote:You can join, but your character... well, I kinda wonder about that whole "29 year old stuck in a 14 year old's body" shtick. It just feels a little out of place and unnecessary. Otherwise, the character is okay, I guess.

My advice on roleplaying a good character is to go in with fewer details about your character so that you can develop them and reveal their backstory as you play. This makes writing more rewarding, both for you and for the other players.

Of course, I would like to point out that this game seems to be on hold for the time being. When it picks back up you will be welcome, of course.

Fair enough, it is a bit of a weird idea. Just picked it up from Cowboy Bebop, but I can always come up with a different idea instead.
But if the RP's on hold right now, there's no rush.

"I'm telling you, Teal'c, if we don't find a way out of this soon I'm gonna lose it. Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!"

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:59 pm

It's not really on hold, we've just been saying "Ok, I'm going to make a post today" and that never really happens...

BTW, I'm going to make a post today. :wink:
- Sachi

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Okay, here's a rewrite of the character idea to make it slightly less weird.

Name: Ryu Yamato
Nationality: Japanese
Physical description: Tall, thin, but in good physical shape, for someone of his age.
Hair, color and style: Spikey dark brown hair.
Eyes: Brown
Other appearance notes:

Background: Just as Kensuke Aida is the military geek of Class 2-A, Ryu Yamato is...well, the mystery geek of the class would be the best description. Often ridiculed as a wannabe detective, Kaito is actually an excellent investigator. The only problem is, unlike the world of Hajime Kindaichi - just one of many detectives whose tales Yamato reads religiously - not a heck of a lot of mysteries crop up in his life.
It's his ambition to join the police when he leaves school.

He often seems visibly bored with life, yet he usually remains alert and attentive of his surroundings. He can often be found on the school roof reading through his latest detective novel or manga.

(Note: He may, from time to time, have encountered some of the regular Evangelion characters in this manner, though his interaction with them will probably still have been limited.)

Despite being seemingly distant most of the time, when approached, Ryu is quite friendly and enjoys talking to others. He's also a good cook.

If anyone has seen Brick, think of him as a friendlier version of Brendan Frye, he knows all the angles in the student community, but lives on the outside for the most part.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:19 pm

remember not to make an L-from-Death-Note carbon copy

Eternally Lost Zeppo
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternally Lost Zeppo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:44 pm

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:remember not to make an L-from-Death-Note carbon copy

No danger there, never quite been able to get into Death Note.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm

I've been waiting for other characters to reply to mine which is why I haven't had them do anything yet (Although not having the internet on my PC doesn't help >_< ).

Eternally Lost Zeppo: Welcome aboard! ^_^

The thread needs MOAR of the antagonists to do stuff, me thinks.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:26 pm

The thread needs MOAR of the antagonists to do stuff, me thinks.

You mean me? I'm waiting on other people as well. I think we all are, and that's why we are in this deadlock.

Maybe we need more antagonists. Right now its me, the guy playing Bardiel (I don't remember who offhand 'cause its been a while since the last few posts) and a few of the other angels as well, although they are not as clear-cut antagonists.
[/opinion]

Return to “Role-Playing Related”