Monkey's ire

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Monkey's ire

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Wed May 04, 2005 4:06 pm

OR: How I learned to stop worrying and love the Fans.

Are some fans a little 'too' enthuisiastic about this show? Is wanting to be stranded alone on a desert Island with Anno just plain wrong? Do those blithering idiots who dress up as the NERV bridge crew ruin it for the rest of us? Or are some people just too easily offended? Personally, I have no problem with fans who are obsessed to the point of insanity; hell, I'm practically there myself. Its not as if the 100+ Shinji/Rei fanfics they wrote actually alter the very fabric of space a time, rewriting the scripts to the show. However, some people just can't stand them (and not just Monkey). I never really understood elitism, but I do know I don't like it.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed May 04, 2005 4:14 pm

Dave, you never get annoyed by people going around screaming "NEON GENESIS EVANGELION RULES!!!!!!!!! it is teh best anime evar!!!!!!!"?

Just because you tolerate something doesn't mean it can't piss you off.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Monkey's ire

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed May 04, 2005 4:56 pm

Dave wrote:OR: How I learned to stop worrying and love the Fans.

Are some fans a little 'too' enthuisiastic about this show? Is wanting to be stranded alone on a desert Island with Anno just plain wrong? Do those blithering idiots who dress up as the NERV bridge crew ruin it for the rest of us? Or are some people just too easily offended? Personally, I have no problem with fans who are obsessed to the point of insanity; hell, I'm practically there myself. Its not as if the 100+ Shinji/Rei fanfics they wrote actually alter the very fabric of space a time, rewriting the scripts to the show. However, some people just can't stand them (and not just Monkey). I never really understood elitism, but I do know I don't like it.

I never understood elitism either, and I don't think I ever will. I've known some prett scarry people in my life, and as long as it doesn't hurt anyone let them do whatever.

If some people dont like what others do, its only right to offer comments. If they just want to keep doing it their way, I just look the other way unless their hurting some one of course. By that I mean some one other then themselves, we all have the right to screw up or own lives :P
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed May 04, 2005 6:07 pm

One recurring problem at the AnimeNation forums, anyway, is the bashing of Evangelion fans. The problem is, the type of fans being bashed are not the type who normally hang out at the forum. They're the ones who go around screaming "omg eva is teh best anime evar!!!!!" and generally make complete idiots of themselves by spouting all of this garbage that pisses the fans of other series off. Thus, these people feel like they have good reason to go into our forum and bitch about how much they hate Eva fans.

The less mindful fans make the more sophisticated ones look bad. We have to deal with the crap that arises because of their behavior. And that's really not fair. I don't need that shit.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed May 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Reichu wrote:The less mindful fans make the more sophisticated ones look bad. We have to deal with the crap that arises because of their behavior. And that's really not fair. I don't need that shit.

They have just as much right to post as you, smart or stupid.

Your problem should be with the people that should know by the way you post your not a fool.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed May 04, 2005 6:53 pm

Is wanting to be stranded alone on a desert Island with Anno just plain wrong?

I'm sure Anno probably thinks it is :o

I can see the poor guy climbing up a tree trying to fend off all the crazy fans with a stick.

Your problem should be with the people that should know by the way you post your not a fool

The sort of people who go trolling forums like this almost never pay attention to that sort of stuff though. Usually what happens is they see a forum with eva fans or something else they don't like and say "Alright, I'm gonna go piss em off" its sad but thats just how things are in the online world. Not just with eva but everything else too.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Wed May 04, 2005 6:54 pm

I must confess, I am still blissfully ignorent of all these problems. Are people bashing eva in the Animenation forums? Are there really annoying Eva fans about? I'm either a dullard, or just plain lucky.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Wed May 04, 2005 6:57 pm

Ofcoarse all people have the right to post - that doesn't make them interesting in any respect though. Shit yeah, they are really annoying. Hell, I can easily be considered a n00b but you don't see me typing assidine reports of how fucking great eva is. We all know how great it is, we don't need it repeated over and over. I am the type of person who researches something before i dive in. Others tend to type up a storm as soon as they find a single forum. This is annoying.
Yet, once again, they do have the right - that just isn't the point.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed May 04, 2005 7:36 pm

OMF, you missed out on some great times. Fortunately there haven't been any fanboy wars since you arrived, but they have happened, and they were annoying. I hate having to pay for someone else's idiocy.

Again, I tolerate the morons, but I still wish they'd go away. (Fortunately, most of them are ADD, so they usually do.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Wed May 04, 2005 7:39 pm

Fanboys Wars eh? Another subset of that great net phenomenon know as Flame Wars! It's always fun to read flame wars though, but never to write them. Perhaps the next one will arrive soon and singe my unblemished fingers! :E
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed May 04, 2005 7:58 pm

Flame wars are lame, stupid, and never fun. Hence that image I constantly repost.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Wed May 04, 2005 8:42 pm

I'll take any Fanboy on, anytime. Bring on the Fanboy wars, I AM SO READY!!!oneone`1111 Oh, and: Eva is t3h r0x0r~!!!!112nromfg. Leave the poor children who can't spell "the" alone; being an annoying fan is fun!
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Thu May 05, 2005 10:03 am

Did we even have any?
I think the only one I really remeber was a discussion over Rei vs Asuka (That I began btw) that got a little hot at times...
Then again I did post for about 2 months, left and came back 4 months later... so something could have happened in that time.
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu May 05, 2005 11:03 am

Trotsky was interesting to argue with while he was here. He gave up too easily.

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Thu May 05, 2005 1:36 pm

What was his argument?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu May 05, 2005 2:28 pm

That everyone in the story was certifiably autistic, and something about Anno producing a Satanic gospel (or was that me?)

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Thu May 05, 2005 4:02 pm

Let all who wants to post, do so, the internet afterall was created for the populis of earth(soon to die) so even if you have an IQ of -1, go for it!

And I enjoy flame wars! I said it and Ill do so again! I enjoy flame wars! Yes it's funny to read, but it's even more fun to start and finish, just to spice things up a bit, get people pissed(and hopefully continue the time honoured tradition) and get everuthing thats pissing you off out of your system, or atleast until you get worked up again.
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu May 05, 2005 4:06 pm

Titus wrote:And I enjoy flame wars! I said it and Ill do so again! I enjoy flame wars!

I'm waiting for Reichu's reply to this!I can see a good one coming! :P
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Thu May 05, 2005 4:12 pm

Bring it on! I have no mercy anymore! - today I get banned!
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Thu May 05, 2005 4:40 pm

Ah yes, now it all seems so clear. *reccolections occuring*

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”