Favorite/Least Favorite Eva Episodes and Why

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

Favorite/Least Favorite Eva Episodes and Why

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:28 pm

(if i am too new to this forum feel free to remove this thread attempt)

so what are your favorite, or simply seen as the best, eva eps. - not including eoe.
i don't even think that i truly loved eva until ep. 16.
my order is:
1. ep. 19, no it's not because it is an action filled ep. just that it is full of so much tension and drama, it's great.
2. ep. 16, this is almost the best ep. in my opinion, not only because it is the start of the mental/emotional aspect of eva. but i find it to be bold to move from a quasi-average anime show to a deep and pondering anime show. this gets my respect at least. i love the eps. which involve no more than Shinji's mind (+ asukas mind-rape)
3. so my number three is ep. 22 (strictly D.C. version). this was an extremely impressive episode to me. it had the action aspect, yet it was filled with depressing aspects as well. i love a depressing eva ep. i'm not quite sure why, but seeing Asuka going through what she was going through just hits me as great writing and creation. hella entetaining.

and all of the rest of the eps. were great too. :D

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:34 pm

#6 Just because Rei smiles
#8 Asuka Strikes!
#9 One of the most funny episodes
#15 It's an episode that deals with Misato's thoughts(not to mention the kiss between Shinji Asuka!-i'm a hopeless A-S fan!)
#19The whole episode is just so good
#22 The episode that made Asuka my fav character and revealed a lot of her past
# <3 Kaworu
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:32 pm

er....I like episode 15 too....

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:30 am

Episdoes that "stand out" from all the others is surely ep. 16 and 19, and ofc 25/26 (EoE version) ;) And those 4 are actually all my favourites... apart from them, hum... Ep. 8 and 9... A little introduction to Asuka, I like it - and they're not that bad either :) Ah, and I like ep. 11 - especialy how the Children crawl arround and try to get in and that stuff, ah and Gendou's feet in the bucket of water is just funny :)
"It's getting warmer."
"Ah."
And episode. 15 is said above is a great one! But otherwise it's the whole anime as a series that is good ;) Ep. 7 for example are one of the episdoes I like the least - it's just not that good - but it shows a little of the whole plot of the whole thing... though it's not taking the story forward that much, but as a first time watcher you get the idea... atleast I did ;)
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:28 pm

I only ever posted 1 thread, it got scrapd in a few hours, i think this 1 should make it through the night....

All the episodes I havn't seen yet.... - self explanitory I would think..
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:33 pm

Having studied the series for a few years now, it's really hard to provide 'favorite' episodes... Episode #19 is the one that made the biggest impression on me (aside from, well, the mind-fuck that is EoE).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:37 pm

Episode 22, "Don't Be" is my favorite. The director's cut is an absolute masterpiece of animation. The action is really secondary in this episode.

Episodes 24, 23, 19, 16, 9, 6, 5, and 2 are also above the rest in my opinion.

I JUST LIKE TOO MANY OF THEM!

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:30 am

One of my fav. scenes is the last one in ep. 16, 'bloody' damn good animation :)
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:36 pm

My fav is the fight between unit 1 and Angel 14 but i forget which episode it tis procesily.

BTW it feels so good to be back
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:19 pm

Might as well weigh in on this one:

6) Episode 24 (DC): since its the only episode besides the movies where we get good old androgenous Kaworu--plus the music and battle go together remarkably well...we also get some more insight into the mystery which is Lilith, Adam, the Angels and Instrumentality--great set up for EoE (which I will get to in a moment...)

5) Episode 2: it was this episode, along with episode 1, that really sparked my interest in the series. The whole Eva going berserk and the quick peek we get of Eva under its armor totally sucked me in...

4) Episode 8: Asuka's intro--man was this great...cool new character, great battle scene, great animation...

3) Episode 19: besides Asuka and the MP Evas, the best action scene IMHO--plus Shinji grows a pair of nuts, so what's not to like :)

2) Episode 25 (EoE); and...

1) Episode 26 (EoE): both of these really belong together, but IMO this made the entire series for me--the TV endings are alright, but EoE hit me on all levels--psychological, emotional, visual, etc. Just an overall masterpiece...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:46 am

I like episode #08. Great animnation style, funny, action packed, witty, the least depressing one. One of the better episodes.

Episode #02 is there too, if only for the best Eva Unit-01 battle of them all. Gotta love #19 as well. Who saw that coming?

But my all time fave episode has to be episode #13!! Rock! The most original angel, and some uber 3133t! hacking by Tokyo-3's resident hats. I love the sequence where the angel hacks the MAGI's. Classic!
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:30 pm

I like the episode with eva 03 because of the action
the world is just a sick and twisted place

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:46 pm

in my opinion - eps 2 and 19 (and i guess 8 or 9 too) were really the only "all-out" action eps, that is aside from eoe. i guess it was the budgeting prob. or maybe just me but all of the other eps were mainly character grounds. i love this series because of the character development alone. the akira director (blanking on name) stated with the making of steamboy that anime can't really be drama based. i think in the situation of this series... he was dead wrong.
it would have been nice for the creators to have an endless amount of cash to see some great mecha battles, but the drama was the true reason that i love eva. if i wanted to see pure robot fights i'll just watch endless waltz or something. maybe the supposed live action movie(s) will give us some ripe special effects work to stare at until our eyes burn out of our heads (weta says that this is on hold tho - maybe jackson will be directing after all??). this is why ep. 16 is way up there on my list. i am trying to focus on the series and not get into to films because if i would, this would take far too long to type. so thats my little eva plugging post.

Sectre01
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Sectre01 » Sun May 01, 2005 8:03 pm

Episode 19 because of the resons stated above, it was jsut a great episode.

Episodes 1-2 were really good because I really liked the action.

Episode 16 was awesome for a number of reasons.

There was something about episode 24 that really made me like it even though I don't like Kaworu.

Wayne
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wayne » Sun May 01, 2005 9:01 pm

Episode 6 because Rei smiles =)

Episode 19 because it kinda explains the true nature of the EVAs

Episode 23 because Rei actually shows some emotion and the show turns completely philosophical as opposed to action-based

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue May 03, 2005 6:10 pm

With one accord in a flash
It was the first episode that I ever really saw, and drew me into the series, making me the massive otaku that I am today....
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Dimmi
Embryo

Do you have a favourite episode? If so, why?

•      
  •      

Postby Dimmi » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:10 pm

I was wondering this...after talking to a very enthusiastic/rabid NGE fan on MSN earlier today...I asked him what his favourite episode was and his long, ranty reply basically consisted of "FFHHH WTF YOU CANT HAVE A FAVOURITE THAT ISSS NOT THE POINT LOLOLOL YOUR MEANT 2 VIEW THE WHOLE SERIES DEEP PHILOMASOPHICAL PSYCOLOMOGICAL IMPACTS NUEEAAR"

....okay, maybe a slight exaggeration ;) but I do have a couple of favourites and I'll probably get told off for this but the episodes that I enjoy the most aren't always the ones that affect me deeply...like I'd say that the last episode in the series, or episode 24 probably were the most profound to me at least, but my favourite episodes are the middle ones...episode 8, 9, 10 and 11...they have action, drama, humour...and I can't help but like them because noone is really depressed at that point..I guess I've become so attached to the characters that I like how Asuka is able to be cocky and teases Shinji, how Misato is still playful and jolly and friendly with Ritsuko, and the general feeling is optimistic...it makes me want to cry when I see them start down the slippery slope that leads to NGE :cry: :p

System Shocker
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby System Shocker » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:13 pm

Has to be episode 10 Magma Diver. From Asuka talking about making her breasts warmer would theoretically make them bigger, to the big plugsuit, to Shinji getting the boner in the end.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:25 pm

Episode 19 is probably the most tense.

Most watched is definetely #9. Lotsa Shinji & Asuka, and with key animation by Shinya Hasegawa it's the best looking one of the whole bunch.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:35 pm

Episode 24... Kaworu... need I say more?
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”