Off-Topic split of random complaints

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Ban me again while you're at it, please.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:51 pm

I think Maggotmaster should be allowed back on.

The mods have made some really bad decisions lately: first they allow me to post again, then maggot gets banned after communism shit, then they decide they have a monopoly on the use of the colour red, and then to top it all they remove the :w00: smiley. THEY ARE TAKING AWAY OUR FREEDOMS FROM RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES!!!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:53 pm

Well even without the woo smiley, I'll always have this...

[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Defectron wrote:Well even without the woo smiley, I'll always have this...

And that! My avatar of Rei latched on Misato's tits get removed but that is allowed. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Jay911
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jay911 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:56 pm

When did this place go from being EGF to E-thuG F?
--j.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:54 pm

I have no idea if you're being sarcastic or not, so I'm just going to address this points regardless:

zuggy wrote:I think Maggotmaster should be allowed back on.

If he'd be able to post without trolling other members as well as stopping his spamming of making 5 different communist threads at the same time, they're be no problem.

The mods have made some really bad decisions lately

While Admins and Mods decide things together with how to run the forums, Admins are the ones that have the ability to ban while Moderators are only able to modify forum posts.

first they allow me to post again,

Um, what? That was because you were showing good behavior on another forum. If you didn't want to be part of the Eva forums again, you didn't have to. That was your choice.

then maggot gets banned after communism shit,

It was already his second or third time of being given a chance and yet he still blew it. Several forum members complained about being annoyed by him, anyway.

then they decide they have a monopoly on the use of the colour
red,

Er..."monopoly"?

Even before it was an official rule, the Admins/Mods use that red font to point important things out. Besides, you can still use darkred if you're so keen on using that color.

and then to top it all they remove the :w00: smiley. THEY ARE TAKING AWAY OUR FREEDOMS FROM RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES!!!

Reichu removed the :w00: smiley for reasons I still don't know. This wasn't something anybody agreed on; it was her decision.

And that! My avatar of Rei latched on Misato's tits get removed but that is allowed. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Again, take this up with Reichu; that was her personal decision. She actually might have a problem with that avatar being around since it's an animated gif (apparently she doesn't want much of those on the site. No idea why).

happymeat wrote:Stop with the feeding >_>

QFT. Trolls just want attention; just because they're there doesn't mean you have to reply to them. I know I learned this the hard way when that CitizenGeek bullshit occured.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:20 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
first they allow me to post again,

Um, what? That was because you were showing good behavior on another forum. If you didn't want to be part of the Eva forums again, you didn't have to. That was your choice.

Seriously. If you don't want to be here, Zuggy, then you can always leave of your own accord.

Zuggy wrote:then they decide they have a monopoly on the use of the colour red,

I don't really give a shit about this anymore as long as people don't go overboard. I wasn't really in the best of mind-states (due to the shape the forum was in at the time) when I tried to implement that rule.

SSD wrote:Reichu removed the :w00: smiley for reasons I still don't know. This wasn't something anybody agreed on; it was her decision.

It was egregiously overused and fucking annoying. If any of the other staff disapproved of the removal, they didn't draw it to my attention enough.

Again, take this up with Reichu; that was her personal decision.

Not really. There was a thread spawned by Zuggy's avatar in which Ornette, among possibly others, more than weighed in their POV, and it essentially came to the conclusion that the avatar was just too racy to be the sort of thing EGF members would reasonably have to see every time somebody made a post.

She actually might have a problem with that avatar being around since it's an animated gif (apparently she doesn't want much of those on the site. No idea why).

Animated GIF avatars that are very "busy" are obnoxious and unnecessary. If I'm perusing the forum, which is mostly about reading and writing, I don't want to have to deal with repetitive and heavily kinetic (i.e., the animation involves large amounts of change over successive frames) visuals. (Things like little demons in sneakers that blink every ten seconds do not count.) If they're somehow okay, we might as well start leasing space out to animated billboards.

Why is this crap in a random pics thread instead of Feedback, anyway?
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:50 pm

Reichu wrote:Why is this crap in a random pics thread instead of Feedback, anyway?

Because the Maggot returned and started spamming this thread despite having an IP Ban.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:33 am

Zuggy wrote:THEY ARE TAKING AWAY OUR FREEDOMS FROM RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES!!!

My response isn't directed to you, but to the forum in general, I'm just quoting you as a staging point.

You have no freedoms when it comes to a privately own (and run) forum. Freedom of speech, or freedom of anything, does not apply here, eventhough the privately owned forum is publicly accessible. That said, it's understandable that certain things have to be restricted, although it boggles my mind why people make such a fuss about certain things: "ZOMG NO RED TEXT, MY FREEDOMS HAS BEEN TRAMPLED". Who gives a shit? Is it because it's easier to complain by typing in a textbox on your web browser than actually getting up, going outside, and protesting the trampling of REAL freedoms?

Make no mistake when it comes to forums. It's not a democracy, it's not publicly owned, it's not a governmental institution. It's run by a select few people who have ultimate and final say in all matters. Almost all of them are like this whether you choose to believe it or not and you're fooling yourself if you believe this forum is anything other than that. The belief that some people may or may not have, that opinions of the community to affect how the forum or the site is run, is part of a user's rights, is completely misplaced. Understandably, a community can't thrive without the input and opinions of its members, but as in the case with the previously banned MaggotMaster, it is not a right, but a privilege

For the most part, I think this forum is relatively low on the moderation. People post stupid shit, sometimes people argue about stuff, sometimes things might get out of hand, and sometimes the moderators and admins do something wrong. I know I've accidentally deleted posts that I shouldn't have, but I'm human and I make mistakes. Just because I have the power to moderate a forum doesn't mean I have a "Everything you need to know to moderate or administrate an Evangelion Forum" book or anything. The only thing we have to work off of is the same set of rules and guidelines that's linked from the "Rules" link on the top navbar.

Zuggy wrote:And that! My avatar of Rei latched on Misato's tits get removed but that is allowed. What a bunch of hypocrites.

I haven't really noticed it until now, probably because I've been busy and most of the threads I frequent he doesn't post in. I'd say that avatar pushes the boundaries of what is acceptable. Either NAveryW is purposely venturing into the grey/fuzzy area of what is acceptable and what is not, or his idea of what is acceptable vastly differs from mine. I've already addressed this here in this thread, which he himself started in response to the moderation taken on your old avatar.

And to reiterate on some of the points I made in that thread, I personally don't give a shit. His avatar and your old avatar didn't bother me in the least. However, whether I like it or not, a line has to be drawn to separate the acceptable and the unacceptable when it comes to this site, and more specifically, this forum. I don't have a rulebook or an exhaustive list of everything known and unknown to mankind that is acceptable and unacceptable for the forum, so I have to play it by ear. My ear is telling me that the avatar is unacceptable. I suppose I'll bring this up in the admin forum.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:49 am

SSD wrote:If he'd be able to post without trolling other members as well as stopping his spamming of making 5 different communist threads at the same time, they're be no problem.

But you wuv him really...

There are trolls then there are troll trolls, folks like MaggotMaster and Dukemon are troll trolls, then there are folks like PhilipCunt and EVANGELIONUNIT01 who are just trolls. Troll + trolling = troll but troll + trolling troll = trolls troll - the difference here is the trolling troll doesn't troll but troll trolls (hence trolling troll).

Reichu wrote:If you don't want to be here, Zuggy, then you can always leave of your own accord.

But you know I wuv it here...

SSD wrote:Er..."monopoly"?

Yeah - if you or a group of folks have exclusive control over something then they have a monopoly on whatever it is - in this case it's use of red text (I'm not very good at explaining these things).

Anyway I was just messing around when FaggotBlaster showed up.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:09 am

You know, Zuggs, you should feel lucky we've got the staff we got. I know on at least one forum I've seen, if you ask them to ban you, they will, permanently, even if you were being tounge in cheek about it. Out staff isn't so... gracious, thank heavens.

Thats my two cents anyway.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:23 am

There's one board I know of where anybody who complains gets banned. And it isn't 4chan.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:34 am

Zuggy wrote:[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

I don't approve either, as far as I knew, it was just Navery's avatar, which I kindly requested he changed to something SFW.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:41 am

Reichu wrote:
I wrote:Reichu removed the :w00: smiley for reasons I still don't know. This wasn't something anybody agreed on; it was her decision.

It was egregiously overused and fucking annoying. If any of the other staff disapproved of the removal, they didn't draw it to my attention enough.

To be honest I didn't really give a shit that the smiley was removed seeing as there are still TONS to use/choose from. I just wanted to point out it's not like there was some Seele committee meeting about it. ;)

Zuggy wrote:But you wuv him really...

Not really. Granted I used to think MM was hilarious, but recently he's been nothing more than an annoying twit.

Ornette puts it best here:
Ornette wrote:Sometimes when people post or do stuff that's in the fuzzy area, it's funny, we laugh, and that's that. Other times, like with the case of MaggotMaster, he gets into this fuzzy area, it's funny, we laugh, but then he pushes a little further, and continues to do so until suddenly, we're at the "what is not ok on the forum" territory.

Anyway I was just messing around when FaggotBlaster showed up.

I had a feeling this was the case; but you did bring up things that needed to be addressed at any rate. I didn't mean to use you as an example or anything, but I hope you understand that (ugh I suck at explaining things).

Formless One and Dartz: You two make excellent points.

Ornette wrote:Just because I have the power to moderate a forum doesn't mean I have a "Everything you need to know to moderate or administrate an Evangelion Forum" book or anything. The only thing we have to work off of is the same set of rules and guidelines that's linked from the "Rules" link on the top navbar.

EXACTLY.

I know that since I became a mod of the Fandom Area as well as eventually a regular Mod, I've made mistakes and fucked things up. Still, I do what I can with keeping in mind the forum rules as well the best interests of the forum members in mind. Just because EGF isn't run as a democracy doesn't mean people can't be treated fairly after all.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:53 am

Zuggy wrote:then they decide they have a monopoly on the use of the colour red

WAT'S THIS ABOUT RED TEXT?

SSD wrote:Just because EGF isn't run as a democracy doesn't mean people can't be treated fairly after all.

Agreed. Things go easy if you just stay on topic in threads. And it's not like it's hard to stay on topic (I can't believe I just said that.) And straying a little off topic is ok, just as long as you don't go from a "Shinji Appreication" Thread to a "You like Batman too!?" Thread. The mods and admins are pretty fair for the most part. At least they give you warnings before flat out banning you. It's probably that kind of thing that hasn't gotten me banned yet. Their rules aren't totally outrageous like "OMG, YOU CAN'T MAKE MORE THAN 5 POSTS PER DAY, LOL"

Anyways, I don't really have any problems with the rules. Just live with it and go with the flow. :wink:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:50 pm

@Ornette: Excellent post, as always. There's not much I can add to that.

Ornette wrote:And to reiterate on some of the points I made in that thread, I personally don't give a shit. His avatar and your old avatar didn't bother me in the least. However, whether I like it or not, a line has to be drawn to separate the acceptable and the unacceptable when it comes to this site, and more specifically, this forum. ... My ear is telling me that the avatar is unacceptable.

More or less the same for me. Private forum or not, we do have a certain responsibility towards maintaining an atmosphere that is comfortable for the majority of users. As outlined in the rules, the forum isn't meant to have a Puritanical slant in the least -- but there are certain forms of sexual content that are appropriate, and others that are simply unnecessary. The two avatars fall into the latter domain.

Sachi_13 wrote:
Zuggy wrote:then they decide they have a monopoly on the use of the colour red

WAT'S THIS ABOUT RED TEXT?

OH LAWLICOPTERZ.

Like I said, I don't care that much anymore. Mostly a matter of staying in the realms of moderation (no... pun intended?). That is to say, people shouldn't be using bold red text to do things like "shout" at each other and be attention whores -- in fact, they shouldn't be abusing non-default formatting at all :coughVcough: -- though, natch, the occasional lighthearted joke is OK. But if the members are being a bunch of real naughty little bastards and need to be castigated, the mods/admins may as well shout at them. In ZOMG ANNOYING BOLD RED TEXT so everybody sees it and hopefully doesn't ignore it like they might have been ignoring that other stuff about getting back on topic bitches or whatever.

Savvy? Savvy.

And straying a little off topic is ok, just as long as you don't go from a "Shinji Appreication" Thread to a "You like Batman too!?" Thread.

Haha. :hahaha: Off-topicness that is also admin-friendly — i.e., it's regarding some topic that's relevant to the same subforum and there ISN'T already a topic about it on, like, the first and second page of threads... — is stuff at least I, for the most part, don't feel totally cranky about doing a split for. Guess it all depends, tho.

At least they give you warnings before flat out banning you. It's probably that kind of thing that hasn't gotten me banned yet.

That's because we (uh, for the most part) love everybody and don't want to see them go! :crybaby: Doesn't mean peeps can misbehave, tho. ;) And, fortunately, we have a nice assortment of admins/mods — various temperaments and ways of looking at things — to avoid a hivemind mentality in the running of things. Plus "those in power" are kept well in check by one another. (If this isn't the case, something is terribly wrong.) As it was meant to be.

Anyways, I don't really have any problems with the rules. Just live with it and go with the flow. :wink:

Really lame rules are always subject to change, anyway, provided adequate and persuasive enough reason is given.

Zuggy wrote:[NAveryW's racy avatar]

My child, yeh shouldn't assume so much. For my part, I only gave the avatar only the most cursorial glance at first, and the visuals didn't immediately register as anything objectionable. Let's blame my terrible sleep schedule. ...yes.[/quote]

Monkey wrote:I don't approve either, as far as I knew, it was just Navery's avatar, which I kindly requested he changed to something SFW.

"What" was just NAveryW's avatar?

You weren't around for the aforementioned avatar of "Rei latched on Misato's tits", which I had fun doctoring into something "SFW".

Can't locate the original on my HD.
EDIT: Nevermind.

Zuggy wrote:But you know I wuv it here...

Then... why would you want to be banned?

Ever see American Werewolf? It's like that guy who deliberately tries to get arrested. The cops just can't take him seriously.
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Reichu wrote:
Zuggy wrote:But you know I wuv it here...
Then... why would you want to be banned?
because, he's a really needy beotch, and you should know that by now
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Monkey wrote:which I kindly requested he changed to something SFW.

I ended up PMing him about it this morning and NAW-kun said he'd change it today.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:27 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
Zuggy wrote:[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

I don't approve either, as far as I knew, it was just Navery's avatar, which I kindly requested he changed to something SFW.

Let's be real here, everyone. We are all fans of a TV show/movies that show nude 14 year old girls, nipples and all. I don't see how an avatar like this (or Zuggy's old one) is going to offend anyone on an Eva fan site.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:27 pm

It doesn't have to do with offending anybody.

It has more to do with depending on the content we have on the site as a whole, we'd be blacklisted or some such thing from being featured on Google and other search results. (Which is part of the reason why linking to THAT BOARD is a no-no.)

....Or something along those lines that Ornette once mentioned.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”