Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:56 pm

Zuggy wrote:Hi -what channel shows D.W. over there in the states?

BBC America does, the new ones at least. The old ones you can catch on PBS on occasion.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Where I live the new ones show on Sci-fi Channel.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:28 am

weeaboos. that sounds like something from super mario world. lolz
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Blackknight1239
Embryo

Postby Blackknight1239 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Hey, t3h BK here. I'm an avid Eva fan, so I figure I might as well join a place where I can actually talk about. I watched the whole series early this year, along with the movies, and I must say I love it. Other than Eva, I'm a huge Warhammer player, despite not have a finished army...

Anyways, I suppose I'll see you people on the forums.
no U

p06
Adam

Postby p06 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:44 am

Hi! I was pleasantly surprised to find an active community of eva fans, since pretty much noone knows what it is where i live. Hope ill be able to contribute to the discussions here :D
-=p06 51 3w=-
:+5134+063

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Ironfoot » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Welcome, padawans.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:44 am

wlecome new folks! heeeee.....

devil_eAter
Embryo

Postby devil_eAter » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:23 am

I never introduced myself did I? I am devil_eAter. I have been into NGE since I was 14. AT the time I really related to it and was strongly influenced by it. I am still a huge fan. I think Rei Ayanami's charter design was a prure act of genius. The blue hair red eyes and the form of the hair and eyes are strikingly well done and I tip my hat to Mr. Sadamoto for the iconic design and to Mr. Anno for the well written character.. I am currently getting into The Sandman and practicing to become an artist and writer. High School can be harsh being it is a Lutheran High School and I am not at at all Lutheran or religious. Spiritual I am, but religious? Not at all.

In the future, I hope to influence others with my art.
Fred Phelps sucks....

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:12 am

welcome black knight, p06, and devil.

woot sandman!

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Has anyone noticed the new breed of newbies recently? I think it's the evapedia.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Formless One » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:11 am

Definitely the Evapedia. Thats what drew me in. Quite a resource, especially for Fanfiction. I first came here because I was/am writing a story for my alter ego on Fanfition.net who goes by the same name you see here.

Incidentally, hello. I'm a newb to Eva, but I promise to not let that hold me down for long. I'm a fast learner, or else I wouldn't be here, as I have standards about only posting when I think that I know what I'm talking about. It goes without saying that I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I only recently finished watching it all, and it also goes without saying that it confused me at parts. Therefor, I have questions, but they weren't being answered elsewhere to my satisfaction.
I'm not an otaku by any stretch, I'm more of a general speculative fiction nut. Mundane stuff doesn't hold my clinically short attention span as easily, possibly from being spoon-fed Star Wars at a young age.

That is all... for now.

Edit: Uh... It just occurred to me, before you ask, my name is NOT an Eva reference. I just think it sounds cool, and Anon is cliche. I has an AT feild to guys!
Last edited by Formless One on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Rhyno
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Rhyno » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:55 am

NemZ and I found this site when we were discussing the nuances of the series and movies. It has been an invaluable resource. I have gained an appreciation for an anime that I didn't completely understand before. I'm slowly making my way through some of the topics in the forums and putting my two cents in or asking questions about things I don't quite understand. The evapedia plus the forum helps answer a lot of questions however. Very good site. I would recommend it to any fan of the show.

I guess I'll introduce myself for anyone who is interested. I'm a thirty year old male who is currently living on a U.S. installation in Okinawa, Japan. My wife doesn't quite appreciate Evangelion as much as I do, but she did enjoy it... up until the end. This was the first anime I was exposed to a little over a year ago (unless you count Transformers or Voltron... both staple cartoons in my youth). You could say that I'm not only a newbie to this series but a newbie to anime itself. Most recently, I watched the Cowboy Bebop series and movie and enjoyed them as well.

Besides Evangelion, I enjoy comic books (especially Batman), Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Firefly (Serenity), Battlestar Galactica (Six is hot!... and Baltar is awesome), X-Files... etc. As my wife likes to point out, I'm just a big, grown-up dork. I'd still be playing D&D if I were living back home in Illinois with my friends (which I will be returning to in a couple of years).

Asuka's my favorite character from Evangelion. It's not because she's hot, which she is. I voted for Misato in the 'Hottest Chick' poll on this website. I just felt so sorry for her by the end of the show. She's the type of character that you just want to give a big hug to and tell her everything will be okay... unless you are listening to her dubbed English voice which is nasally hell.

That's about it. This is a great site that I will regularly check.

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:04 am

Hmm...one hundred-something posts, a minor showing on IRC, and still no formal introduction from me. Guess it's about time.

As you no doubt know, I'm Gamer_2k4. The origin of that name is a long story, but basically back in 2003 I had just started playing Age of Empires 2 online and I wanted to keep the nickname current. My real name is Jared.

So, personal details. I'll be 20 next month, and I'm currently going to MSOE in Milwaukee, WI. I enjoy playing football, biking, programming, and the occasional video game. I'm a non-denominational Christian conservative.

While at college, one of my friends mentioned that the anime club he was in was watching NGE. I asked if it was any good. He said yes. Being the trusting person that I am, I grabbed the mkv files off of another friend's server and watched them. It was interesting, but ultimately left me with more questions than answers. Watching EoE did nothing to alleviate that problem.

So I did what I always do when I want to know what's going on: I turned to Wikipedia. It helped, but wasn't enough, and I eventually stumbled across this site. Now I can talk about NGE with people who like it as much as I do, and on top of that, they seem to be pretty decent people too. =)

So yeah. Hi everyone.
Gamer_2k4

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:41 pm

I'm not dead...yet.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 am

Zapppyyyy-kunnnnnnnnnnnn! :glomp:

AI

RAIKKU

:heart: YUU :heart:

Seriously though, hope things are going well.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:11 pm

ZapalacX wrote:I'm not dead...yet.

I'm sure I can fix that.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:16 pm

but you can't figure out which method to use, AMIRITE? :wink:

w00t, 2500th post!!
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Stuffy
Embryo

Postby Stuffy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:36 am

Whats up fellow eva geeks? Ive been lurking here for about a week and so I joined! :woohoo:

Anyway...I paintball a lot. :toothy: Thats probably the most important thing you guys should know about me until I get past the whole noob to this board kinda thing.
But yeah as to the evapedia I would also have to agree.
As for when I first watched NGE I was probably 13, now Im 16.

Also I frequent abunch of paintball related boards so Im not that much of fng. :thumbsup:
Im kinda surprised that this board doesnt have a fast reply option, nor a attachment feature for pics so you dont alway have to do the coding but meh I guess Ill get used to it.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Formless One » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 pm

Nice. Avatar from The Whiteboard... you really are a paintballer! Could use a better pic for it, though.

Evapedia: because no good fansite should be without a wiki anymore.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Stuffy
Embryo

Postby Stuffy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Idk wiki has been self aware now since 2006.

Return to “Old Stickies”