lance help!!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

chungdoo
Embryo

lance help!!

•      
  •      

Postby chungdoo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:24 pm

i am an author for a fan fiction on fan fiction.net and right now in my story i am having a fight scene between the three eva's and one MP eva. I want to know if you guys have any suggestions for beating a lance in battle. or blocking a lance that could work multiple times. Thanks for your help.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:13 pm

block it with another lance.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Throwing it? Get the hell out of the way and hope it doesn't adjust it's own flight path. Cover will not help, so don't bother diving behind anything.

Using it in melee? Let him overcommit then get inside it's reach. Failing that, let it stab one eva in a non-vital spot and keep ahold the the thing while the other two evas kick it's ass.

If you really need to block it, that hefty prog axe Asuka has in ep16 could probably come in handy.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

chungdoo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby chungdoo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:51 pm

what about the MP Eva, can it regenerate itself because in the show they seemed not to die. what do you guys recommend?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:59 pm

play more Gradius... SHOOT THE CORE!
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:29 pm

NemZ wrote:play more Gradius... SHOOT THE CORE!

No, no, no! Aim for the eyepiece. That usually works. :wink:

As for the Lance...put your head between your knees and kiss your bum goodbye.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:47 pm

The whole "gimmick" of the infamous Spear is that it's an unblockable weapon that can pierce anything, "even God". But that means that the strategies to get around that advantage can be made all the more interesting.

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:53 pm

Monk Ed wrote:The whole "gimmick" of the infamous Spear is that it's an unblockable weapon that can pierce anything, "even God".

Damn, I was gonna say 'activate God Mode'- now it seems God Mode can't help.

Anyway, do you guys remember the shield Eva-00 used in the fight against Ramiel? That shield seemed to be even enhanced in the Rebuild movie. The strength of that shield seem to surpass AT-Field (Ramiel penetrated Eva-01's AT-Field with a single blow but it took like 20 seconds to break that shield), so maybe if the Evas are given a few of that shield, they may have a chance.
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:33 pm

chungdoo wrote:what about the MP Eva, can it regenerate itself because in the show they seemed not to die.

They don't regenerate. They just enjoy enough continuity errors to make it briefly seem like they do. Watch the movie again.

And they die the same as any Eva or Angel, as a result of the core being adequately damaged.

As for the whole Spear thing. Okay, so they can pierce through A.T. Fields. Who says you have to stand there like a moron long enough for it to penetrate? (...Asuka.) The Spears don't really follow any rules to a T, either. They just sort of do whatever the script asks of them. So if you want to write in some anti-Spear strategy, all you need to do is work with the preexisting elements of the show and make something up.

NemZ wrote:that hefty prog axe

Smash Hawk.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:12 am

Reichu wrote:And they die the same as any Eva or Angel, as a result of the core being adequately damaged.

Asuka crushed the red sphere in at least one of them...are you saying that wasn't the core?
Gamer_2k4

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:40 am

Gamer_2k4 wrote:
Reichu wrote:And they die the same as any Eva or Angel, as a result of the core being adequately damaged.

Asuka crushed the red sphere in at least one of them...are you saying that wasn't the core?

He already covered this; that Eva should by all means be dead, but the continuity shreds itself as soon as Unit 02 takes it in the eye, and it appears as if the Eva regenerated.

More examples:
*Asuka's first target gets torn in half, its spine broken, and even if it isn't dead until its core is bust, it should not be able to get up from that wound.

*The unit she fences with with one of the javelins gets cut in half at the torso like Darth Maul, yet its still walking... somehow.

*moments earlier she cuts one of the units legs off, yet it doesn't seem to be hobbling around when they get back up.

And so on. Its not unreasonable to think that they regenerated, considering the visual evidence. But all the official statements are to the contrary, so we call it a continuity error. You aren't going to say that its not an Eva series, are you? :wink:
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:42 am

Eh, we know Yui can do it, so why not them too? Unless that's some secret Lilith-based tech right there. Hmm... though why doesn't berserk Kyoko regenerate at the end?

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:50 am

Stick a Jesus in front of it!
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 am

The Bastard King wrote:Stick a Jesus in front of it!

That didn't stop the original LoL...
Gamer_2k4

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:02 am

Do a barrel roll (press X twice) or use the boost to get through!

Failing that, move evasively and try to take out the wielder before it throws.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Gamer_2k4 wrote:

She was squeezing it, but I don't see any crushing going on. She may have very well destroyed the core if she wasn't interrupted.

This is the very last frame we see of the core:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”