Caption Contest

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:06 pm

Transformers! Evas in disguise!

And NemZ, that actually makes sense. Nice.
Gamer_2k4

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:48 pm

@ My Own Picturez

Asuka: As soon as this pictures over I'm going to start to spank you.
Rei: No that's not going to happen. I am wearing my iron underwear. Your petty wooden spankertoy will be useless.
Asuka: Curses, and I am unarmed.
Rei: Very well I suppose you will begin first.
Asuka: Fine, let us find a ladies room, with a big stall.
Rei: A big stall.
Asuka: Yes.
Rei: Alright. Then I guess I will go subsequently.
Asuka: Yeah. I need to get one of those iron panties.
Rei: Yes you do. You get to choose when you want to feel it.
Asuka: Yes I would most definitely like the gift of choice.
Rei: Are you recording this?
Reichu: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA *runs away*
Rei and Asuka: ...
Asuka: Funny woman.
Rei: Aye. Let's find that restroom.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Noephon
Adam

Postby Noephon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:28 am

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:Image

Rei: Asuka?
Asuka: What now, Miss Perfect?
Rei: Is there a reason why the me that exists within your heart is a cosplayer in the middle of a ballroom of some kind?
Asuka: Shut up and smile.

[/lame caption is lame]
Maya: Oh no, the Evas have begun generating an anti-AT field.
Aoba: That could be meaningless techno-jargon, but I bet it means that spectres of Rei will appear to everyone on earth, flash into an image of their secret sexual fantasies and then make their heads pop into magic placenta goo, right?
Hyuga: *pop*
Aoba: Ooh, good guess! *pop*
Gendo: Oh no. It turns out that deep down in my heart, I'm a big emotional coward - a badass version of Shinji. I feel so hollow now.
Shinji: Third Impact destroys the barriers between all human minds. Now I can be rejected simultaneously by every woman in the world!

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby honsou » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:34 am

ZAMBOT 3 ZAMBOT 3 ZAMBOT 3 GO!

Noephon
Adam

Postby Noephon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:04 am

Might be a little harder, but any successful captioning of this one is bound to be epic almost by default.

Image[/img]
Aoba: That could be meaningless techno-jargon, but I bet it means that spectres of Rei will appear to everyone on earth, flash into an image of their secret sexual fantasies and then make their heads pop into magic placenta goo, right?
Gendo: Oh no. It turns out that deep down in my heart, I'm a big emotional coward - a badass version of Shinji. I feel so hollow now.
Shinji: Third Impact destroys the barriers between all human minds. Now I can be rejected simultaneously by every woman in the world!

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sharaz Destler » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:12 am

RITSUKO/EGON: "Janine, please don't look at me for a few days. Something's gone wrong, and I need to fix it."

MAYA/JANINE: (*turns around*) "What do you mean, something--Oh, my God! You're a girl, Egon!"

RITSUKO/EGON: "Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. It was an accident."

MAYA/JANINE: "Oh, that doesn't matter, Egon, I'll still love you."

(Ritsuko/Egon begins to feel ever-so-slightly uncomfortable, but is also enjoying it...)
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 am

Maya, what did I tell you about doodling on official reports? I doubt the commanders will find your... artistic contributions... particularly helpful in understanding the status of unit 01's repairs. Besides, your sense of anatomy is questionable at best; nobody is that flexible, lieutenant.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby honsou » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:37 am

Image[/img]

Ritsuko: Well Maya these reports look alright...oh sorry I'm so tired after last night...Maya can i tell you something?

Maya: Sure sempai!

Ritsuko: Well for the past few weeks I've been going out with with Gendou! It might seem like hes a cold hearted bastard but oh god hes such a monster in the sack.

Maya: ;_;

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:04 pm

Poor, poor Maya. She's like the Kaorin of Eva (I guess this makes Ritsuko as Sakaki and Gendou as Kimura? Crap, I think I'm onto something here! O_o )

Anyway:

*Happily Ever After playing in the Background:
Asuka: My Baka, Shinji, is not here anymore! He's dead!
Shinji, twitching in badly beaten up Shogouki: But I'm not dead yet....Just in immense pain... ;_;
Asuka: It's alright because I'M still here! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?! I'm Asuka! Not the Invincible Shinji-sama, but me! I AM MYSELF!
Shinji: Asuka, help me! *cough* Can somebody--please--get me some medical attention?! *cough* Ayanami...? Misato-san...?
Asuka: Certain kill! :fume:
Shinji: ASU-KA! >_< Knock it off already and hel-- :faint:
Asuka: Giga....Drill....BREAKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Ritsuko: Well, you did a really good job with the latest report, May-- *blink*
Maya: What's wrong, Senpai?
Ritsuko: Um....care to explain what you mean by "Ma-chan :heart: Rit-chan rabu rabu" scribbled in the margin?
Maya, giving her the expression like in the picture: N...no, that's quite alright. *quickly looks away*
Ritsuko, narration: I shouldn't have been surprised by Maya's revelation in the Hivemind. The signs were all there.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Noephon
Adam

Postby Noephon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Poor, poor Maya. She's like the Kaorin of Eva (I guess this makes Ritsuko as Sakaki and Gendou as Kimura? Crap, I think I'm onto something here! O_o )

...I think my soul just died a little bit. Wouldn't that mean that Gendo would have to be after Maya, though?

Ritsuko: Well, you did a really good job with the latest report, May-- *blink*
Maya: What's wrong, Senpai?
Ritsuko: Um....care to explain what you mean by "Ma-chan :heart: Rit-chan rabu rabu" scribbled in the margin?
Maya, giving her the expression like in the picture: N...no, that's quite alright. *quickly looks away*
Ritsuko, narration: I shouldn't have been surprised by Maya's revelation in the Hivemind. The signs were all there.

Poor Maya. It's so easy to make fun of her unambiguously lesbian fixation with her sempai...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:22 pm

...I think my soul just died a little bit.

That happens a lot around these parts ;)

Wouldn't that mean that Gendo would have to be after Maya, though?

It makes it all the more funny, I think.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Nice caption, NemZ. =D

Noephon wrote:Image

Ritsuko: "...and you have a stupid name. Who names their kid Maya, anyway? Also, you're a complete pansy. Angels get eaten. Evas get torn up by other evas. It happens. Grow up. And speaking of growing up, there's the issue of your height. Why are you so short? Are you a midget or something? And don't get me started with..."

Maya (thinking): "This is a REALLY lousy performance review."
Gamer_2k4

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Gamer_2k4 wrote:Also, you're a complete pansy.

Heh!

Poor Maya-chan never should have accepted a position with NERV. She's far too human to advance within this hostile workplace environment.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Ritsuko: So, you're saying that Mr. Goodwrench had over a million working hours last year?
Maya: Uh...yeah-
Ritsuko: *lifts glasses* Doesn't leave a lotta time for MISSUS Goodwrench now does it?
Maya:...
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Noephon
Adam

Postby Noephon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:04 pm

That happens a lot around these parts

I'm kind of used to that.

It makes it all the more funny, I think.

He's even got the requisite hot wife (although in Gendo's case Yui is "dead"...sort of).

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Poor, poor Maya. She's like the Kaorin of Eva (I guess this makes Ritsuko as Sakaki and Gendou as Kimura? Crap, I think I'm onto something here! O_o )

That affront to Sakaki means you are never allowed to talk about Azumanga on this forum again. :thehand:
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Barinax
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Barinax » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

You know, I was going to make a completely unfunny caption about those three holes.

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:22 pm

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:Image

Maya: "Why are there holes in my chair?"

There, beat you to it.
Gamer_2k4

Noephon
Adam

Postby Noephon » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:44 pm

Hunter21 wrote:

That affront to Sakaki means you are never allowed to talk about Azumanga on this forum again. :thehand:

Speaking as a fan of both Sakaki and Ritsuko, I can earnestly tell you to SHUT UP, STOP TALKING, CEASE AND DESIST! [j/k]

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:43 pm

Ritsuko: So, those are 50 reasons I would never be a lespain...any questions?
I won.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”