What would you do in Shinji's place in EoE?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

bioweapon680
Adam

Re: What would you do in Shinji's place in EoE?

•      
  •      

Postby bioweapon680 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:15 pm

AyrYntake wrote:As above. Personally, I'd bring the rest of the world back to life and not just myself (and Asuka?)

Shinji had no power to bring anyone back, but everyone does have the power to bring themselves back if they had a strong enough will to do so.

If I were Shinji, I would probably ruin the storyline because I actually have a minor backbone compared to him. e.g.: losing the will to live.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0aQB4rNV_w Read the vid description b4 watching

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:03 pm

I'd get to the cages in time by not sitting around waiting to die and then fight the Harpies while Eva-01's decked out in F-type Equipment or has the chance of going Bousou and and Jet Alone Prime and Eva-02 would be there as help and and oh wait that was the Eva2 game. :tonguegrin:

Seriously though, I probably would panic similar to Shinji when Pre-Instrumentality was underway. I'd hope I wouldn't fucking snap as Shinji does when 3I begins, but I would without a second thought reject Instrumentality. I really wouldn't want to lose my individuality, kthaxbai. ....Though ending up alone after the fact, like Shinji was for a while would fuck anybody up, including me. >_< You win some, you lose some?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Because Yui wanted to. Do you really think you are going to control Yui or the Spear?

I would tell Yui that I would give her ten bucks and a fluffy kitten if she let me control her, and if that didn't work I would just wing it and try to use instrumentality to make the world a more interesting place.

But really everyone who was trying to use instrumentality to do anything was taking a huge gamble since it depended on the choice Shinji made in the end. I bet those old men were kicking themselves for not seeing that in their lcl puddles.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:34 pm

^
True, although that's why Yui, Lilith and Adam tried to make Shinji see things for how they really are. ;)

Shackel
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Shackel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:23 am

AHEM, starting from the beginning I wouldn't have fapped to Asuka, where would I hide "it"?

After Misato shooting the shit out of the SEELE officers I would pick up their guns, jack their armor, and their bullets. I would've made sure Misato wasn't shot, by shooting the people below. I wouldn't have stayed at the Eva, doing nothing, I would've tried to have gotten in, if I couldn't, then someone would have to face my wrath, kissing(and maybe a bit of feeling) with Misato I would initiate "GET THE DANG EVA OUT OF THE BAKELITE" which would involve trying to contact my mother in the machine, who would hopefully help me, afterwards I would KICK HARPY BUTT, save Asuka, and if all should fail, end 3I before it would even begin.
Don't you hate it when people have unimaginative signatures?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:47 am

Shackel wrote:AHEM, starting from the beginning I wouldn't have fapped to Asuka, where would I hide "it"?

We had a thread that went onto this topic about 3 years back :devil: , but I can 't find the relevant posts ATM. :sniffle:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:46 am

Shackel wrote:I would initiate "GET THE DANG EVA OUT OF THE BAKELITE" which would involve trying to contact my mother in the machine, who would hopefully help me, afterwards I would KICK HARPY BUTT, save Asuka, and if all should fail, end 3I before it would even begin.

Assuming all that worked what are you gonna do when SEELE comes with even more Harpies and all the worlds military forces? Such answers remain short-sighted and fail to do anything about SEELE leaving them free to try again and again and again.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Shackel
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Shackel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:10 am

No Core = No Eva.

Jack Heavy Lance. You win.

SEELE wouldn't kill me in the Eva-01, seeing as it is the most important part of 3I, obviously I wouldn't know that, so I would still kill some Harpais!

Oh, by the way, there was actually a topic on where did Shinji hide "it" after the Asuka thing? Lawl!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:25 am

Shackel wrote:No Core = No Eva.

Jack Heavy Lance. You win.

SEELE wouldn't kill me in the Eva-01, seeing as it is the most important part of 3I, obviously I wouldn't know that, so I would still kill some Harpais!

SEELE wouldn't have to. At that point, the whole world was against Nerv. And one lone Eva isn't gonna stop the entire planet.

Besides, it wouldn't have lasted long anyways. Rei already started 3I in Terminal Dogma.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:05 am

Still better to go out fighting don't you think?
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

p06
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby p06 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:28 am

Though i despise Shinji and his actions, i would most likely have acted/behaved exactly as he did should i be put in that situation.

I think that's one of the reasons why NGE is so awesome.
-=p06 51 3w=-
:+5134+063

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:46 am

Sachi wrote: And one lone Eva isn't gonna stop the entire planet.

Not even a bousou Yui-sama? ;) Though I'm somewhat half joking, seeing as.....

Besides, it wouldn't have lasted long anyways. Rei already reunited with Lilith in Terminal Dogma.

(Fixed for accuracy.)

But excellent point. It's one that the Eva2 game keeps hitting the players over the head with even if you manage to win against the Harpies....

Shackel
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Shackel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Remember, SEELE needs Unit 01 for 3I, it would go completely against the scenario and screw them up ze butt.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:48 pm

Shackel wrote:Remember, SEELE needs Unit 01 for 3I, it would go completely against the scenario and screw them up ze butt.

But 3I didn't need Unit-01. All 3I was was the forbiddon union between Adam and Lilith. Which happened without Unit-01's help. But the Uber-Rei/Kaworu gave instrumentality to Shinji (whom was in Unit-01), and let him do what he wished with it.
Seele had little, if anything, to do with it.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Not even a bousou Yui-sama? ;) Though I'm somewhat half joking, seeing as.....

Seeing as Yui wouldn't want to?

But excellent point. It's one that the Eva2 game keeps hitting the players over the head with even if you manage to win against the Harpies....

That shouldn't be an issue really. Rei did all that nutty BS to make Shinji happy. If he doesn't want it it doesn't happen. That still doesn't address SEELE though.

Shackel wrote:SEELE wouldn't kill me in the Eva-01, seeing as it is the most important part of 3I, obviously I wouldn't know that, so I would still kill some Harpais!

They can stick a new core and a new soul in it you know.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:22 pm

seeing as.... trailed off to this:

Besides, it wouldn't have lasted long anyways. Rei already reunited with Lilith in Terminal Dogma.

That still doesn't address SEELE though.

But, in EoE, Seele seems happy with what happened at any rate. (Same with the game if you get the Lilith/Adam Instrumentality instead of the Seele one)

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Again, if this isn't a Shinji that wants the world to die Rei isn't gonna do anything of real interest.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:50 pm

If I was Shinji, I would've just become one with Asuka, Misato, and Rei. An eternal foursome. <- WTF? 'Foursome' is considered a word by Mozilla 3.0.

Interesting thing this thread made me think about. Isn't there a camera in Asuka's hospital room? They showed her comatose from her bed in episode 24 when Kaworu was attacking. So when Shinji 'smacked his monkey' was it taped?
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:47 pm

I get mother out of the bakelite before Asuka gets ripped up. Then I would help her, until Lilith/Rei pops outta the pyramid and then 3I happens.

During, I would totally do exactly what Shinji would do until the very end. After trying to choke Asuka and falling to tears and her kimochi warui line, I would say "it's good to see you again, to see somebody again."
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:57 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:WTF? 'Foursome' is considered a word by Mozilla 3.0.

Well, it doesn't HAVE to have a sexual connotation...

Iron Rooster wrote:Interesting thing this thread made me think about. Isn't there a camera in Asuka's hospital room? They showed her comatose from her bed in episode 24 when Kaworu was attacking. So when Shinji 'smacked his monkey' was it taped?

I thought she was moved to a different room or something.
Gamer_2k4

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”