What would you do in Shinji's place in EoE?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:16 am

Yeah well they think NERV is trying to start 3I and they only have so many N^2 mines. Take a guess what they'd pull out next and keep using in an attempt to stop NERV and hope all the while they don't cross a bad threashold.

If their as trigger happy with the nukes as you think they would be, there may be a way to use that against them. Since EOE unit 01 has flight capability, I would have the option of taking it into the upper atmosphere. If a nuclear device goes off at a high enough altitude, it'll send out an electromagnetic pulse powerful enough to disable electronic devices and take out all power below. If a single large nuclear device were detonated over north America for example it could take out all the power and electronic devices in the whole country.

What I would do is fly over each country and begin attacking the military using the lance, then once they fired off the first few nukes at me I would leave and fly higher outside the earths atmosphere where it would no longer be practicle to attack me and then move onto the next country since the one I was just at would be incapable of fighting since all their technology would be disabled from the EMP pulse given off by the bombs.

Of course once this is over with there's still the possibility that there may be some nuclear capable subs and bombers leftover, but they wouldn't know what exactly is going on since they couldn't communicate with their countries military.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:27 am

Defectron wrote:If their as trigger happy with the nukes as you think they would be, there may be a way to use that against them. Since EOE unit 01 has flight capability, I would have the option of taking it into the upper atmosphere. If a nuclear device goes off at a high enough altitude, it'll send out an electromagnetic pulse powerful enough to disable electronic devices and take out all power below. If a single large nuclear device were detonated over north America for example it could take out all the power and electronic devices in the whole country.

What I would do is fly over each country and begin attacking the military using the lance, then once they fired off the first few nukes at me I would leave and fly higher outside the earths atmosphere where it would no longer be practicle to attack me and then move onto the next country since the one I was just at would be incapable of fighting since all their technology would be disabled from the EMP pulse given off by the bombs.

Lol, mad fallout. Military silos are shielded from EMPs dude they could and would keep firing the and the whole planet would be glowing if you did that. Plus HARPIES! Can't fight them and stop nukes at the same time. Yui's plan was the best just give it up, direct confrontation would be way to costly with everything SEELE has at their disposal.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:31 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Defectron wrote:If their as trigger happy with the nukes as you think they would be, there may be a way to use that against them. Since EOE unit 01 has flight capability, I would have the option of taking it into the upper atmosphere. If a nuclear device goes off at a high enough altitude, it'll send out an electromagnetic pulse powerful enough to disable electronic devices and take out all power below. If a single large nuclear device were detonated over north America for example it could take out all the power and electronic devices in the whole country.

Lol, mad fallout. Military silos are shielded from EMPs dude they could and would keep firing the and the whole planet would be glowing if you did that. Plus HARPIES! Can't fight them and stop nukes at the same time. Yui's plan was the best just give it up, direct confrontation would be way to costly with everything SEELE has at their disposal.

I agree Yui's plan was best and DECISIVE, utter victory. Though very risky I might add, very very risky.

But we're merely speculating on possibility of winning other way too.

SEELE can't churn out harpies like cars you know.

Eva-01 has become fucking crazy (POWARR LEVALL OVER 90000!!1q1! ), she might be able to spread AT-Field big enough to cover entire Geofront if needed.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:54 am

Like I said SEELE are crazy people, if you push them into a corner they'd attack major cities in retaliation. If you don't try to deal with them quickly they'll make more and more Harpies till you fall. You're not going to win, at best you'd have a very, very bitter draw.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:56 am

I probably would never have got back in Sho... I mean because, it's never really went well when he did before...
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm not too familiar with what sort of protection military bases have against EMP but even if your using a Faraday cage this might not nessecerly be sure fire protection since some high frequency microwave pulses can still get past that. Do you have any details about what sort of protection military bases have against this sort of attack?

For the fallout my idea is that after the first few bombs were launched I'd just move out of the planets atmosphere into orbit so that they couldnt attack anymore which would minimize the fallout damage.

The harpies I think won't factor into this, Seele was barely able to scrap together the resources to build the Harpies they had in EOE and they still didn't have the ideal number they were aiming for, at best they would have a chance to build a few more in the time they would be given to do so.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Defectron wrote:I'm not too familiar with what sort of protection military bases have against EMP but even if your using a Faraday cage this might not nessecerly be sure fire protection since some high frequency microwave pulses can still get past that. Do you have any details about what sort of protection military bases have against this sort of attack?

Not the bases the silos themselves. You've got feet of concrete and steel and a Faraday cage.

For the fallout my idea is that after the first few bombs were launched I'd just move out of the planets atmosphere into orbit so that they couldnt attack anymore which would minimize the fallout damage.

First, they wouldn't just launch a few they'd try for a 1 hit kill with massive firepower which would mean lots of fallout. Second, you'd need water within 3 days or you'd die and they'd win by default. That's why nukes would be such a pain, you have to land and get out of it eventually and when you do they have you. And this is all provided you can access the Evas flight powers and control them as well as control the Spear.

The harpies I think won't factor into this, Seele was barely able to scrap together the resources to build the Harpies they had in EOE and they still didn't have the ideal number they were aiming for, at best they would have a chance to build a few more in the time they would be given to do so.

They had plenty of their own money to throw at the Harpie program. They even had 3 more in the works when they attacked NERV.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:31 pm

this is the most ridiculous discussion ever. You should all be ashamed.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:20 pm

People want a better ending sadly there just isn't any way to pull it off. You can't really blame them for that.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:26 pm

You have to shuffle the deck -- and maybe slip in a joker or two -- but it can sorta be done. The later you shuffle, the stronger the wild card will have to be.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:07 pm

NERV had no deck to play with, that's the problem. SEELE stole it during the massive cutbacks.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:09 am

this is the most ridiculous discussion ever. You should all be ashamed.

Well given that I'm the creator of the gender of non lillum persons thread and the Moon Giant is actually the old unit 01 theory and that I'm naked while I'm typing this, I think it's safe to say I'm probably the most shameless person on the forums :rei_hissyfit: :rei_hissyfit:

People want a better ending sadly there just isn't any way to pull it off. You can't really blame them for that.

Naw I like the ending, I just like trying to figure out ways to beat opponents who hold all the cards.

One way to avoid the nukes could be to just go into orbit and use the lance to target enemies that are on earth. But that'd be a really long and tedious way of doing things though since you might run out of oxygen before things are over and done.

But one other thing I touched on before is the possibility that Rei might cooporate in this making a lot of the effort on the part of unit 01 unnessecery since she took to Shinjis suggestions that "Everyone should just die" the question here is if Rei can selectively tang people without doing it to everyone.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Defectron wrote:Naw I like the ending, I just like trying to figure out ways to beat opponents who hold all the cards.

You really can't, that's why they have all the cards and you don't.

One way to avoid the nukes could be to just go into orbit and use the lance to target enemies that are on earth. But that'd be a really long and tedious way of doing things though since you might run out of oxygen before things are over and done.

How long do you think that will work before SEELE threatens to target civilians until you surrender? Like I said they'd take the world with them before they'd let you win.

But one other thing I touched on before is the possibility that Rei might cooporate in this making a lot of the effort on the part of unit 01 unnessecery since she took to Shinjis suggestions that "Everyone should just die" the question here is if Rei can selectively tang people without doing it to everyone.

Nope, Shinji's destrudo was fueling the process. No uber-deathwish no uber-AATF.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:25 pm

oh my god defectron just stop
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:37 pm

Whichever way you go, there's going to be some world-shattering event -- the question is how ignited and by whom steered.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:23 pm

oh my god defectron just stop

Typing this sort of stuff sure does feel good when your naked...

Anyway, assuming that a direct confrontation is too problematic, there is another way someone in Shinjis postion could screw things up for seele.

That is by killing Lillith and Adam. This would most easily be done before Rei merges with them to make GNR, but there may not be time for that since that happened right after unit 01 reactivated. However unit 01 did break apart GNR, but I was under the impression that Rei concented to letting this happen since it was the only way to fullfill Shinjis wish to give everyone a second chance. The question is, how difficult would it be for unit 01 to destroy GNR without her permission? Could this be done using the lance?

Assuming this can be done, it may also be a good idea to get rid of all the lances, dead harpies and the magi afterwards. If that happens the only thing left that could give seele the means to make third impact at some point would be unit 01 itself. If it comes down to it you could always pull a Rei and self destruct in that event. Though I'd prefer to merge with the eva and chill out in space with Yui, but that might not be an option.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:05 am

Gotta get rid of EVA-01 too. The problem there is Yui has her own plan and isn't gonna play along with you. Her plan assures that SEELE can never try again because she broke all their toys, and she did it without killing anyone for good. You simpily can't top that.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:38 am

also half your plans involve Shinji learning how to fly. and fight.

MAL Profile

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:18 pm

also half your plans involve Shinji learning how to fly. and fight.

naw the threads about what you would do in shinjis position , not what Shinji would do. Anyway I already know how to fight and during the reactivation unit 01 seemed to grow wings on its own so those weren't big issues.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Because Yui wanted to. Do you really think you are going to control Yui or the Spear?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”