What would you do in Shinji's place in EoE?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:55 pm

They probably wouldn't know. I mean, all of the SEELE dudes (at least that's what I think, inferred from Kiel's words) got what they wanted: Instrumentality. They're most likely to be floating around in liquid ("Tang") form, at peace with the world~
i.e. dead.
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:06 pm

No, SEELE would have done it for him.

Wait, wasn't the Rei/Lilith thing asking Shinji what he wanted? Even if Seele did provide an answer to Rei/Lilith, would she really listen to them? She gave the fate of the world to Shinji, not Seele.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:26 pm

I'd probably do what Shinji did. Kill everyone off and then say "Ehh, never mind, you can all come back." You know, just to piss people off.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:02 pm

REIP Asuka.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Roast some marshmallows. :grin:
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:25 pm

AyrYntake wrote:They probably wouldn't know. I mean, all of the SEELE dudes (at least that's what I think, inferred from Kiel's words) got what they wanted: Instrumentality. They're most likely to be floating around in liquid ("Tang") form, at peace with the world~
i.e. dead.

Instrumentality has ended, AT Fields were restored, they're no longer in one singular existence anymore.
Episode 26' wrote:Rei:
This is the sea of LCL... The primordial soup of life.
A world without AT Fields... without your own shape.
An ambiguous world where it is impossible to tell where you end and
other people start.
A fragile world where you exist everywhere, and thus exist nowhere.

Shinji:
Have I died?

Rei:
No, everything has just been joined into one.
This is the world you have been hoping for... your world.

Shinji (releasing Misato's cross from his left hand):
But... this isn't right. I don't think this is right.

Rei:
If you wish once more for the existence of others, the barriers of the
heart will separate everyone once more...

And the fear of other people will begin again.

Shinji:
That's all right...

Kaworu:
Is it okay for AT Fields to hurt you and others once more?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:36 pm

I would go out in unit 01 and conquer the world. I would start by obliterating Japans military, then I would move onto America and then Russia and China, etc. Eva 01 was at peak condition in eoe with an s2 engine and could probably handle nukes. Though that would still be a hassle which is why the countrys that have nukes would be at the top of my hitlist. If GNr was willing to cooporate this would be even easier since I could just use her to tang the opposition. Though I'm not sure how much say Shinji had in who got tanged so I'm not sure if that would work.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:44 pm

The Goose wrote:Wait, wasn't the Rei/Lilith thing asking Shinji what he wanted? Even if Seele did provide an answer to Rei/Lilith, would she really listen to them? She gave the fate of the world to Shinji, not Seele.

You know SEELE had their own plan that didn't call for Lilith right?

Defectron wrote:I would go out in unit 01 and conquer the world. I would start by obliterating Japans military, then I would move onto America and then Russia and China, etc. Eva 01 was at peak condition in eoe with an s2 engine and could probably handle nukes. Though that would still be a hassle which is why the countrys that have nukes would be at the top of my hitlist.

Massacring innocent people is ALWAYS the answer amirite. And what's the point in doing that if the WHOLE planet is covered in nuclear fallout? Really, do people even use their brains?
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:39 pm

Massacring innocent people is ALWAYS the answer amirite. And what's the point in doing that if the WHOLE planet is covered in nuclear fallout? Really, do people even use their brains?

It's the lesser of two evils, better to kill some of the people then all of the people I say.

Also they wouldn't use enough nukes to kill the planet. Neither Seele nor the UN has a motive to do this. It would ruin seeles plans in that with nuclear winter their plots would be set back indefinitely in the best case scenerio and they would all be dead in the worst case. In the UN's case they wouldn't do so because their trying to prevent third impact. Launching that many nukes would be like saying "I'm going to prevent third impact with third impact" it wouldnt work.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:42 pm

Defectron wrote:It's the lesser of two evils, better to kill some of the people then all of the people I say.

Also they wouldn't use enough nukes to kill the planet. Neither Seele nor the UN has a motive to do this. It would ruin seeles plans in that with nuclear winter their plots would be set back indefinitely in the best case scenerio and they would all be dead in the worst case. In the UN's case they wouldn't do so because their trying to prevent third impact, launching that many nukes would be like saying "I'm going to prevent third impact with third impact"

They would if you're gonna try to overthrow them. You're assuming they think rationally and clearly they don't. Every military is gonna go ZOMG Evas hit them with everything we got. God bye planet do to lame ass plan.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:58 pm

That could be a problem if they went crazy like that. One option might be to use the lance to take out the nukes before they hit. But I'm not sure how effective it would be against multiple targets. In theory that could work.

On the other hand they never tried using nukes against any of the angels so they might not nessecerly do this even if it is a possibility.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Shinji doesn't have the balls to kill. He can't kill anyone without being told to and even then, only one he ever kills is Mr. happy-sunshine-Kaworu.

Plus, pictures of faces with combinations of the colors black, white, and red creep me out for some reason.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Yeah, but it didn't play out that way.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:05 pm

The Goose wrote:

Yeah, but it didn't play out that way.

And until they are dealt with they are free to keep trying.

Defectron wrote:That could be a problem if they went crazy like that. One option might be to use the lance to take out the nukes before they hit. But I'm not sure how effective it would be against multiple targets. In theory that could work.

Since we don't know how it really works it could detonate them doing that.

On the other hand they never tried using nukes against any of the angels so they might not nessecerly do this even if it is a possibility.

Yeah well they think NERV is trying to start 3I and they only have so many N^2 mines. Take a guess what they'd pull out next and keep using in an attempt to stop NERV and hope all the while they don't cross a bad threashold.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:23 pm

the reality is, SEELE controls the UN, the UN is vastly more powerful in the NGE-verse. SEELE also controls the release of information, and between these two things, and under the guise of preventing 3I, they truly have the world's resources at their disposal to take over the Geofront at any cost. In any case, its obvious that NERV was completely unprepared for the attack, because the only people that knew it was inevitable (Gendou and Fuyu), made no attempts to stop it. NERV never stood a chance.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:08 am

I still don't get why AEF thinks nuclear weapons would be more effective than N2's. Some of the N2 explosions are ridiculous. Not to mention sure as hell military would've tried to use nuclear weapon at some point against angel, just for their honor and lulz.

Why name then non-nuclear unless they happen to have same power as nuclear weapon, only without the radiation etc. parts?

And Yui-sama's AT Field is propably frickin' crazy.

nitpick: SEELE haven't controlled the world for centuries, only from 1950's or so onwards

C. Confidential Information

An esoteric secret society born during the medieval Dark Ages and, originally, a religious order. Slowly but surely, they extended their influence, until at last they crushed the final forces of opposition in the mid-20th century and became a latent power with covert rule over human society.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:07 am

Xard wrote:I still don't get why AEF thinks nuclear weapons would be more effective than N2's.

Cause you don't need a direct hit. They leave behind that nasty fallout that will kill people not in protected areas. The pilots would be screwed when they eventually had to get out of the Evas. Sure it's a dirty trick but it's effective.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:24 am

Xard wrote:that nasty cleric went and cast True Resurrection on them to use D&D terms.

More like she forgot to take of their rings of regeneration i.e. destroy their cores.

With two (assuming Asuka's power line remained intact) Evas, and an intact geofront, they could have bounced N2 and nuclear munitions while everyone in NERV stayed safe miles underground.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:29 am

Mr. Tines wrote:
Xard wrote:that nasty cleric went and cast True Resurrection on them to use D&D terms.

More like she forgot to take of their rings of regeneration i.e. destroy their cores.

With two (assuming Asuka's power line remained intact) Evas, and an intact geofront, they could have bounced N2 and nuclear munitions while everyone in NERV stayed safe miles underground.

Hehehe, you're right. Or then Harpies belong under monster handbook's section concerning trolls ^_^

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:03 am

Mr. Tines wrote:With two (assuming Asuka's power line remained intact) Evas, and an intact geofront, they could have bounced N2 and nuclear munitions while everyone in NERV stayed safe miles underground.

They could never hope to block every bomb, the shield would only be a few city blocks in diameter in any given direction. Once one slips by they're screwed. Then there is the massive invasion force that could be mobilized while the Evas are pinned. They never had a way to defend I don't know why people keep trying to come up with one.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”