A request for polls to be "decriminalized"

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

A request for polls to be "decriminalized"

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:50 pm

could the ban on poll threads be lifted plz?

maybe a limit for only ONE such poll per forum member per month or so?
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:34 pm

I say. Nay.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:23 pm

No.

This is a discussion forum; polls often claim to be a substitute for discussion.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 pm

Aaron disabled polls long, long ago, and there hasn't been a single day that I've had second thoughts about this decision.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Iron Rooster » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:02 pm

I've noticed some threads are essentially bloated polls. Still, I agree with drinian that polls would completely zero out the chance of discussion. Sorry, I side with the rest.

EDIT: Maybe the ONLY possible area would be the off-topic section, but I think the mods would probably have even more work if polls were enabled. Even if it only was there.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:27 pm

sorry to bring this up then

go ahead, lock this bitch

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:43 am

I've seen the effects of a few polls on ANF, and those weren't pretty (One particular Evangelion-based one turned into a gargantuan flame thread). Keeping them off this forum was a very good idea.

No need to be sorry about it, Hal.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:23 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:I've seen the effects of a few polls on ANF, and those weren't pretty (One particular Evangelion-based one turned into a gargantuan flame thread).

Whichever thread Eva Yojimbo and Desslock posted in together turned into a 10+ page argument between them regardless of whether it was a poll or not.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Having a ban on polls is retarded. On the other hand, polls are retarded, too. I say unlock them, since we are all retarded, anyway.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:27 pm

True, Zuggy, but the particular one I was referring to had CitizenGeek and at least one JFaulkner account in addition to Desslock and Jimbo.

Brik- that sort of logic won't help in getting polls unlocked. No sort of logic (or un-logic) will get polls unlocked. Let things stand as they are.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:48 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:True, Zuggy, but the particular one I was referring to had CitizenGeek and at least one JFaulkner account in addition to Desslock and Jimbo. <snip>
I don't remember that feud in particular

so, check it bitches, 2400th post! w00t!

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Having a ban on polls is retarded. On the other hand, polls are retarded, too. I say unlock them, since we are all retarded, anyway.

agreed. But keep them locked anyway.

@ Ursus, lighten up, eh?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby The Bastard King » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:19 am

How hot is Asuka:

[ ] Really hot!

[ ] Really really hot!

[ ] Really really really hot!

[x] Fuck this shit, I want cookies!
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:15 am

Very funny. But since this thread has served its purpose, I suppose it's time for a lock. (I leave the honors to someone else, since I've made enough bad decisions in the past couple of weeks...)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 am

I want cookies.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:37 pm

Though this thread's locked, I'll give my two cents anyway: Polls were obviously disabled for a reason, so....let's just leaves things that way.

And if only I could have cookies! ;_;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”