What would you do in Shinji's place in EoE?

This is a forum for general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion. Chit-chatty conversations like "Pen-Pen is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" also belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 615
Joined: Jun 26, 2008
Location: Depends...
Gender: Male

What would you do in Shinji's place in EoE?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AyrYntake » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:18 am

As above. Personally, I'd bring the rest of the world back to life and not just myself (and Asuka?)
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 46
Posts: 11833
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: What would you do in Shinji's place in EoE?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:50 am

AyrYntake wrote:As above. Personally, I'd bring the rest of the world back to life and not just myself (and Asuka?)

Asuka came back because she wanted to, as with all other people. Shinji didn't have the power to arbitrarily bring people back.

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 482
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Gender: Male

Re: What would you do in Shinji's place in EoE?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:57 am

AyrYntake wrote:As above. Personally, I'd bring the rest of the world back to life and not just myself (and Asuka?)


I was under the impression that each person had a choice to return to the world; we create our own reality, so to speak. Asuka was there because she chose to go back.

And what would I do? I have no idea. For about 98% of EoE, Shinji was just along for the ride, with no more control over the events than Pen^2. But AFTER all that, with instrumentality, yeah, I'd probably stop it and bring everyone back. I want to be an individual, and I want to interact with other individuals. The "one mind, one soul" deal doesn't really do it for me.
Gamer_2k4

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 3382
Joined: Jul 16, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby chee » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:49 am

Completely lose my shit and panic.

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 14227
Joined: Jan 03, 2008
Location: Finland
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:23 pm

so you would be just like Shinji

I'd grobe Rei's breasts in LCL ocean :tongue:

just kiddin'

I'd go out kick some harpy ass yo

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 615
Joined: Jun 26, 2008
Location: Depends...
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AyrYntake » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Xard wrote:I'd go out kick some harpy ass yo

Oh yeah I hadn't thought of that one. :eva01_huff:
"Save Asuka, save the world" lol :asuka_happy:
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Dartz
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1477
Joined: Apr 03, 2008
Location: Dublin
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Dartz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:12 pm

http://www.evamade.net/e107_files/public/1213987736_37_FT144081_1213977857039.jpg

This^
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 482
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Xard wrote:I'd go out kick some harpy ass yo


Wouldn't be that hard, since they're all petrified.
Gamer_2k4

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 46
Posts: 11833
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Gamer_2k4 wrote:
Xard wrote:I'd go out kick some harpy ass yo


Wouldn't be that hard, since they're all petrified.

I assume he means while Asuka is fighting them, which isn't possible since the entry plug was blocked by solidified bakelite. Shinji wasn't able to get into Eva-01 until it intervened.

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 482
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:46 pm

Ornette wrote:
Gamer_2k4 wrote:
Xard wrote:I'd go out kick some harpy ass yo
Wouldn't be that hard, since they're all petrified.

I assume he means while Asuka is fighting them, which isn't possible since the entry plug was blocked by solidified bakelite. Shinji wasn't able to get into Eva-01 until it intervened.

Oh...yeah, that would make more sense.
Gamer_2k4

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion
Age: 36
Posts: 3254
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Location: On Reichu's shit list...
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 pm

You do realize if you stop the Harpies you'll have nukes coming at you right? The Prime Minister isn't gonna just sit there if that happened.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel
User avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 482
Joined: Jun 20, 2008
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:You do realize if you stop the Harpies you'll have nukes coming at you right? The Prime Minister isn't gonna just sit there if that happened.


Yeah, but nukes don't matter. You just take one in the face and punch another one, like Unit 2.
Gamer_2k4

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion
Age: 36
Posts: 3254
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Location: On Reichu's shit list...
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:41 pm

Except WMD do matter. Everyone not in an Eva would die. There is even a chance if the yield is high enough their ATF's would be pierced. It isn't a battle that could be won.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 14227
Joined: Jan 03, 2008
Location: Finland
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Ornette wrote:
Gamer_2k4 wrote:
Xard wrote:I'd go out kick some harpy ass yo


Wouldn't be that hard, since they're all petrified.

I assume he means while Asuka is fighting them, which isn't possible since the entry plug was blocked by solidified bakelite. Shinji wasn't able to get into Eva-01 until it intervened.


It would've been entirely possible if Shinji hadn't be catatonic rag of human being. If he had left for cages when he was ment to (and Misato presumed) he would've made it. Battle against Harpies was entirely winnable and would've been won if Eva-01 would've entered. Heck, Asuka wtfpwned 8 out of 9 before gettin Lance in her eye.

AEF: I disagree. Remember how Misato said with four evas they could end the world if she wanted? That's exactly what it meaned. Even with two Eva units NERV would've been formidable power.

All Eva-02 and Eva-01 would've needed to do was create enormous AT Field similar to which they held even Sahaquiel at bay. Together they could've done that

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion
Age: 36
Posts: 3254
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Location: On Reichu's shit list...
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Really? N^2 mines have been shown to pierce the Angels AFTs, you think high yield nukes can't? It may not destroy them but they'd be damaged and the pilots would be in bad shape. SEELE framed the battle as a have to win, fate of the world situation and accordingly the Japanese PM would throw anything he's got a NERV to stop them. Hell, SEELE could send in all the UN forces if it came to it.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 14227
Joined: Jan 03, 2008
Location: Finland
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Really? N^2 mines have been shown to pierce the Angels AFTs, you think high yield nukes can't? It may not destroy them but they'd be damaged and the pilots would be in bad shape. SEELE framed the battle as a have to win, fate of the world situation and accordingly the Japanese PM would throw anything he's got a NERV to stop them. Hell, SEELE could send in all the UN forces if it came to it.


Only those of weak angels and not even theirs well enough to deliver killing blow. Remember they planned on dropping all remainin over 900 N2's into Leliel to kill the freak. And S2 Eva-01 sure as hell is stronger than that.

Besides there isn't difference between N2's and nuclear weapon's firepower. Jet Alone had freakin' nuclear reactor in it and Eva-01 would've survived just fine. Combining two Eva AT-Fields would've been nigh-unpenetrable.

Then NERV could've sarted peace negotations and other diplomatic tactics and - with slim chances though - secured their survival. Or then they would've hold out long enough for Gendo's plan to kick in perfectly (Rei would've followed it if it wasn't for Shinji)

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael
Age: 34
Posts: 904
Joined: Feb 01, 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ironfoot » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Xard wrote:It would've been entirely possible if Shinji hadn't be catatonic rag of human being. If he had left for cages when he was ment to (and Misato presumed) he would've made it. Battle against Harpies was entirely winnable and would've been won if Eva-01 would've entered.


Since the harpies can be regenerated back to life, that would be a difficult battle unless the right weapons were used.

I would've bolted to Eva-01 and get that double bladed chainsaw (swiping the JSSDF out of my way) and hack them all to pieces cause that's the only surefire way of killing them all. After that, it's anybody's guess, since I really don't believe that firing every available WMD right at the Black Moon is such a good idea, especially if SEELE needs Eva-01 to operate within their scenario.

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 14227
Joined: Jan 03, 2008
Location: Finland
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Ironfoot wrote:
Xard wrote:It would've been entirely possible if Shinji hadn't be catatonic rag of human being. If he had left for cages when he was ment to (and Misato presumed) he would've made it. Battle against Harpies was entirely winnable and would've been won if Eva-01 would've entered.


Since the harpies can be regenerated back to life, that would be a difficult battle unless the right weapons were used.

I would've bolted to Eva-01 and get that double bladed chainsaw (swiping the JSSDF out of my way) and hack them all to pieces cause that's the only surefire way of killing them all. After that, it's anybody's guess, since I really don't believe that firing every available WMD right at the Black Moon is such a good idea, especially if SEELE needs Eva-01 to operate within their scenario.


It took time for harpies to "get their act together" again though, so practically Eva-02 had defeated most of them...it's just that nasty cleric went and cast True Resurrection on them to use D&D terms :tongue: With help of Eva-01 Asuka also wouldn't have to act in such hurry, meaning they could use more elaborate tactics and secured teh kills.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion
Age: 36
Posts: 3254
Joined: Oct 25, 2006
Location: On Reichu's shit list...
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:06 pm

Xard wrote:Besides there isn't difference between N2's and nuclear weapon's firepower. Jet Alone had freakin' nuclear reactor in it and Eva-01 would've survived just fine. Combining two Eva AT-Fields would've been nigh-unpenetrable.

Nuclear meltdown =/= multi-kiloton nuclear bombardment. Not to mention the potential nuclear winter started by the attempt. Also, the next 50 or so Harpies wont be stopped so easy.

Then NERV could've sarted peace negotations and other diplomatic tactics and - with slim chances though - secured their survival.

No they couldn't. You don't negotiate with terrorists, you kill them or you die.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 14227
Joined: Jan 03, 2008
Location: Finland
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
Xard wrote:Besides there isn't difference between N2's and nuclear weapon's firepower. Jet Alone had freakin' nuclear reactor in it and Eva-01 would've survived just fine. Combining two Eva AT-Fields would've been nigh-unpenetrable.

Nuclear meltdown =/= multi-kiloton nuclear bombardment. Not to mention the potential nuclear winter started by the attempt. Also, the next 50 or so Harpies wont be stopped so easy.

Then NERV could've sarted peace negotations and other diplomatic tactics and - with slim chances though - secured their survival.

No they couldn't. You don't negotiate with terrorists, you kill them or you die.


Nuclear reactor has more power than your average nuclear missile/bomb IIRC

Besides:

Ironfoot wrote: After that, it's anybody's guess, since I really don't believe that firing every available WMD right at the Black Moon is such a good idea, especially if SEELE needs Eva-01 to operate within their scenario.



AEF, they do negotiate with one holding the aces. I think NERV could've been able to clean their name. Not saying propability isn't one percent out of hundred, but chance is chance.

Conventional weapons are pretty much useless against Evas and trying to move in whole military power of UN military would've been catastrophal attempt maganegement considered and it would've taken a lot time.


Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat and General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests