[LAEM] Three movies? Impossible!

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:03 pm

"Weird" not make one great.

I know we've all preached on the merits of integrity and fidelity, which I urge to uphold, but dammit, the other side of me wants to milk this cash-cow for even more than it's worth; I say churn out as many as possible. Don't rest until there's a Warhol-styled Eva-01 hanging over the big booth at every Denny's restaurant, right next to Mickey Mouse and the Seven Layer Cakes!

If it's too sharply condensed, it will be a cheated franchise. Sure, it makes gobs of money now, but proportionately it would be a waste to make a "best of" remake and put that in the faces of a mainstream audience, especially since this is nothing new. The same goes for adherence to the length of the original-- who needs that? It's short! 26 episodes is always 26 episodes-- it means nothing! Nothing, dammit, nothing!

Sorry, I had to spit that out.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:17 pm

Judgeing by your other post your not haveing a good day today Hex.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:34 pm

I'm having a great day. When you have a great day, the BS gets pushed aside and you say what you feel because you can.

And why do you respond to everythig five seconds after I post it? Get some excercise, man.

_get some help

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:48 pm

Hey im in class i cant get much more exercise then this lol
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:18 pm

You could always do something new and pay attention to the teacher.
I know Bush has that no child left behind thing going, where even the stupidest kids get to pass, but once you get to college the teachers and profs there have no problem failing kids who can't spell. And something tells me you are going to crash and burn on all your written essay tests.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:16 pm

This is a computer class, Drafting 4, that only has us do one project a day which dosent take me long to finish seeing that I'm a genius WHAHAHAHHAA

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby anatrok » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:58 pm

I hope no one minds if I get back on topic. J/J

I would like to see adults play the pilot roles, mostly because I don't want to feel like a pervert.

Maybe I should explain.

Ok, so I'm fifteen years old, and by the time the movie comes out I'm gonna be at least eighteen. I like plugsuits, but I don't want to feel like a pedaphile looking at a 14 year old in a plugsuit. So I guess it's mostly for my own consience.

I guess saying all that makes me a pervert, huh?

Anyone else have similar thoughts?
Last edited by anatrok on Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:34 pm

That is a semi-understandable point, but if you have adults play the roles it just wouldn't look right. Personally I think this would seriously degrade the movie.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:38 pm

Ill have to agree with the cat(Hunter) the story wont be the same because of certian things in the story line. I also doubt that they will show a 14 yr old girls "scared sections"

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:19 pm

The plugsuits don't have to be that revealing. Do you feel like a pervert when you see a ten-year-old in a wetsuit?

_get some help

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:15 pm

Well the genarel public would probilty feel more comfortable with older chareters.

KamaKase
Embryo

Postby KamaKase » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:06 pm

Well, I think that example isn't really representative.

Do you feel like a pervert when you're video-recording a "well endowed" 14 year old girl (whom you don't know) in a skin-tight costume.
As seen many.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:58 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:I think its a bad idea.....and a good one.lol. It would be fun to have an Evangelion trilogy like star wars but theres the actor thing your discusing. Its going to cost a $hit load of munny.

Theres just one problem, Star Wars aint no trilogy, it's a saga - arguably one of the best ever! - But you can break in down into two trilogies if you want, makes no differance.....(felt I should stand up for all Star Wars geeks!) :)

KamaKase wrote:Do you feel like a pervert when you're video-recording a "well endowed" 14 year old girl (whom you don't know) in a skin-tight costume.

I cant really say, if memory serves me correctly, I havn't tried it yet, but ill give it a go and see how i feel! :lol:

As for the movie dilema, let's hope they film them in paralel and don't use different actors and that (if there is a God) the filming can be done within 2 years so that the actors (who hopefully would be of tender age) would retain their youth on screen and please all sides of society... or maybe just the fans, everyone else can take a hike if they have issues with it! 8)
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:12 am

Do you feel like a pervert when you're video-recording a "well endowed" 14 year old girl (whom you don't know) in a skin-tight costume.

Now, now, is endowment really a requisite?

And no, not at all.

_get some help

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Olin of Xephon » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:53 pm

Hold Up! Hold Up! STOP!

Okay, how old would you say a actress would have to be to have the shape and figure of the girl in Hex's avatar?

Because that's EXACTLY how I imagine a live action Rei. Definitly young but enough fudging physically that it's hard to tell what age she is.
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:19 pm

Last time I went to the beach with the apes I figured that I had no knowledge on girl ages. T'was like I said "Yo, look at that cutie", to get replied "Shuttup Michael!". In any case, that's what I'm telling the judge.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby thewayneiac » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:44 pm

The solution to the "aging" problem is simple: have the children be completely computer generated. They could be voiced by expert V.A.s. The adults could be played by real actors because a couple of years of aging during the course of filming wouldn't really be a problem with them. Another advantage in this would be that they could be made to look like human versions of the original characters.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:15 pm

thewayneiac wrote:The solution to the "aging" problem is simple: have the children be completely computer generated.

And this way, they could be impossibly anorexic, too!

The adults could be played by real actors because a couple of years of aging during the course of filming wouldn't really be a problem with them.

Unless they wanted to have some flashbacks where we see younger versions of the adult characters...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Hand of God » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:54 pm

I don´t care if it takes 26 movies I just whant to see them!

beside it wouldn´t be that hard to made it will be like LOTR
the world is just a sick and twisted place

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:26 pm

I don´t care if it takes 26 movies I just want to see them!

Who, the kids? Do you mean the characters? Most would say that ship has already sailed. :lol: ... :cry:

The solution to the "aging" problem is simple: have the children be completely computer generated.

Oh, wonderful. Instead of tweaking the story in an interesting fashion, thereby allowing us to pay some unknowns chicken-feed to start off with, we can have movies full of creepy synthetic humans who probably cost as much as A-List celebrities! At least that money has a place to go, now! :wink:

_get some help

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”