Wevangeliwon Showing at Fanime Con! (and Sean McCoy)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed May 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Dates?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 08, 2008 1:39 pm

http://www.fanime.com/ to LURK MOAR but...

FanimeCon: The Bay Area's Largest Anime Convention Memorial Day weekend - May 23rd to May 26th
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Update for anybody who cares: Turns out I'm not going mostly because of money reasons (I've been spending a lot lately). (Also there's the chance I wouldn't be able to get a ride there; despite the fact my stepbrother might have a booth set up. -_-; )

Anybody that is going Sachi(??), AyanamiOtaku(??): Take notes! ;_;

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon May 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Anybody that is going Sachi(??), AyanamiOtaku(??): Take notes! ;_;

I can't go because it's on a friday. If I get one more absence from school, I'm gonna get a $500 fine. :(
Any other day of that weekend I could probably go, but it'd be my dad taking me, and he's not into things like that.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 13, 2008 1:31 pm

I know what you mean about it being on a Friday; I thought that there was a break from college that day and it turned out I was wrong. That's part of the reason I can't go, myself.

At least next year in University, school would already be out at this time so it's doable then.

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Wed May 14, 2008 2:23 am

Sachi_13 wrote:I can't go because it's on a friday. If I get one more absence from school, I'm gonna get a $500 fine. :(
Any other day of that weekend I could probably go, but it'd be my dad taking me, and he's not into things like that.

How the hell can you get a $500 fine from skipping school. What happens if you skip 2 days lol.

I cant wait to see if its going to be at the next con here. Eva has all of a sudden taken off here in Sydney I have noticed in the last week ^_^ very very happy zeak
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

The Raddy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The Raddy » Thu May 22, 2008 1:16 am

Sweet! I'm going to Fanime, so I'm DEFINITELY not going to miss this! Anime is always more fun with an audience. :boingy:
"All alone, or in two's / The ones who really love you / Walk up and down outside the wall. / Some hand in hand / And some gathered together in bands / The bleeding hearts and artists / Make their stand. / And when they've given you their all / Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy / Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall." - Pink Floyd

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Thu May 22, 2008 1:26 am

If I was in America, I would go. For those going, I am glad. I wonder which version they will be showing: 1.0 or 1.01?

The Raddy
Embryo

Sean McCoy at Fanime

•      
  •      

Postby The Raddy » Thu May 22, 2008 1:28 am

So, crazy ol' Sean McCoy will be at Fanime Con this weekend, hosting an "Endless Evangelion Panel" on Saturday night.

I'm definitely going for the lulz...I went a couple years ago, not realizing who he was or his reputation. He had some interesting things to talk about, but then he pulled the "Shinji slept with Asuka" card. :rolleyes: (He didn't say anything about Asuka getting pregnant, though. Hmm.)

Are any of you guys going? I think it's safe to assume that the panel will be much bigger this year, with the release or Rebuild and all. Even with this guy hosting, it might be a good opportunity for some serious Eva discussion!
"All alone, or in two's / The ones who really love you / Walk up and down outside the wall. / Some hand in hand / And some gathered together in bands / The bleeding hearts and artists / Make their stand. / And when they've given you their all / Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy / Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall." - Pink Floyd

The Raddy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The Raddy » Thu May 22, 2008 1:43 am

Wevangeliwon wrote:I wonder which version they will be showing: 1.0 or 1.01?

Probably the DVD version/1.01, since that's the highest quality version available. Plus it's been fansubbed.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:00 am

if I lived much closer to the left coast, and if I didn't have something else happening May 23-26, I'd sure as hell go

but; alas, I do not, and I do, so... :spout:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Re: Sean McCoy at Fanime

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Thu May 22, 2008 1:42 pm

The Raddy wrote:He had some interesting things to talk about, but then he pulled the "Shinji slept with Asuka" card.

:toji_sulk:
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat May 24, 2008 1:19 am

Just my two cents, but isn't this the con that they showed Gurren Lagann at, while it was still airing in Japan, without subtitles?
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

The Raddy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby The Raddy » Sat May 24, 2008 6:54 pm

cat42 wrote:Just my two cents, but isn't this the con that they showed Gurren Lagann at, while it was still airing in Japan, without subtitles?

I have no idea...that sounds odd to me. I've never seen any programming at Fanime that wasn't dubbed or subtitled in some way. They aired the fansubbed DVD version of Rebuild on Friday, and it is SO AWESOME on a big screen. :w00t:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Which fansub was it? I thought I heard there was a few different fansubs or at least two different ones??

*Is jealous my stepbrother has his booth set up there* ;_;

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat May 24, 2008 8:46 pm

I need to not read this thread anymore or I shall vomit from sadness that I was not able to be there for this momentous occasion.

I'LL BE THERE NEXT YEAR, FANIME! JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE!
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat May 24, 2008 10:14 pm

NAW-kun wrote:I'LL BE THERE NEXT YEAR, FANIME! JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE!

QFT ^_^

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat May 24, 2008 10:15 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:

QFT ^_^

QFMFT
- Sachi

Kurochi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kurochi » Sat May 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Sachi_13 wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:

QFT ^_^

QFMFT
QFMFEAMFT
Who needs roads when we've got wings?
Who needs wings when we've got minds?
Who needs minds when we've got sins?

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun May 25, 2008 12:53 am

Zeak wrote:How the hell can you get a $500 fine from skipping school. What happens if you skip 2 days lol.

Because California is a state run by fucking retards that want you to keep your children in school so they can be good little sheeple. [/rant]

I'd love to see the movie there, but its a 600 mile trip. I don't think I can make it, especially considering its already half over.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”