Your favorite scene in Evangelion?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

terminus
Adam

Your favorite scene in Evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby terminus » Sun May 18, 2008 9:59 pm

What's your favorite scene in Evangelion? personally mine's the scene (about the same in both Rebuild and TV version) where Shinji breaks open Rei's capsule and tells her to smile, and she does. For some odd reason I just like this scene. Maybe because it's charming or dramatic..
Last edited by terminus on Sun May 18, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sun May 18, 2008 10:03 pm

I would love to give you an answer to this question, but for me, it's like asking how many stars are in the sky. I honestly have no idea.

But if it was life or death, knife to my throat. I guess it would be when Asuka sleep walks into Shinji's bed, and Shinji almost kisses her. No it's not because I'm a perv, but because it shows how Shinji really feels towards Asuka. It also shows how weak willed Shinji is because he didn't kiss her.
Last edited by IrkenEvangelion on Sun May 18, 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun May 18, 2008 10:03 pm

When Sachi was WTFPWNing Unit-01.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

terminus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby terminus » Sun May 18, 2008 10:32 pm

IrkenEvangelion wrote:I would love to give you an answer to this question, but for me, it's like asking how many stars are in the sky. I honestly have no idea.

But if it was life or death, knife to my throat. I guess it would be when Asuka sleep walks into Shinji's bed, and Shinji almost kisses her. No it's not because I'm a perv, but because it shows how Shinji really feels towards Asuka. It also shows how weak willed Shinji is because he didn't kiss her.

yeah, I like the memorable charming parts in Evangelion.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sun May 18, 2008 10:37 pm

tough question. its much easier to ask my least favorite scene.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sun May 18, 2008 11:33 pm

Yui-sama busting out of Leliel.

Definitely the coolest scene in the series.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:10 am

Eva-01 eating Zeruel. :drool:
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon May 19, 2008 1:11 am

One More Final: I Need You

Hands down best ending ever

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon May 19, 2008 2:24 am

IrkenEvangelion wrote:But if it was life or death, knife to my throat. I guess it would be when Asuka sleep walks into Shinji's bed, and Shinji almost kisses her. No it's not because I'm a perv, but because it shows how Shinji really feels towards Asuka. It also shows how weak willed Shinji is because he didn't kiss her.
Ditto, I was going to say the same. A beautifully and subtly crafted scene - the type you rarely see in anime. Also, don't forget Asuka's cry of "mama" which gives a lot of insight into her as well.

Xard wrote:One More Final: I Need You

Hands down best ending ever
That's actually probably my favorite scene in film ever, but I was trying to think of one from the series. The film is just full of memorable and favorite scenes. Hard to beat Instrumentality for sheer "whoah" factor.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Zerogoki
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Zerogoki » Mon May 19, 2008 7:16 am

Rei's sacrifice in Tears - made me cry the first time I saw it (before I knew she was only 'a bit dead'!) and I still think it's beautifully done; particularly with the DC additions.

From EoE, my favourite is GNR spreading her wings and collecting souls during Instrumentality - seriously, wow!!
zerogokiru theories make Zerogoki want to hit walls...
#I've got a soul,
But I'm not going to tell you whose...#

"It was originally Happy Magic Virtue Shield." NAveryW on the heap of odd that is the Enchanted Shield of Virtue...
Brikhaus: "I would use Eva-02 (because it's red) to deliver toys to all the good little girls and boys of the world on a single night. That night? September 19th, which is Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Stacifer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Stacifer » Mon May 19, 2008 9:58 am

it's a difficult question, but in the series, it's the moment when Sahaquiel starts to fall and the Eva's pursue it. Just wow. The movement and everything. My boyfriend doesn't understand why I have to watch it over and over. ^_^ EoE, all of it is pretty perfect to me, but Asuka's rant at Shinji, I really relate to how she feels. It's chilling for me as I've had a ridiculously similar experience in the past, the way Shinji begs Asuka to help him, and is afraid of Misato and the first child, and the easiest way to keep from getting hurt is to run to her...her answer to it, and his voilent reaction to Asuka's blunt rejection. And agh honeymoon to anxiety just really sets it too!

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon May 19, 2008 10:10 am

You talkin' about the strangling scene?

It, One More Final (my all time favourite scene too) and Sandbox scenes are three perfect ones in all possible ways. And best scenes of the whole Evangelion.

From the series itself...

- Omedeto! :clap:
- the iconic Rei and Asuka in elevator
- Ep 19 fight and munching
- Ep 18 fight
- Reiquarium
- Kaworu and SEELE in Ep 24 ( you know the "bla bla bla Pandora's Box bla bla bla")
- Rei's death
- The whole Ep 24 sequence with 9th Symphony (but this isn't considered, right?)
- The first mindfuck in Ep 16
- Rei's Poem

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Mon May 19, 2008 10:28 am

This scene might be my favorite...
ImageImage
#21 wrote:AKAGI:
Did you want something, Rei?

Rei:
I got lost.

AKAGI:
Oh, really? Then you want to leave here with me?

Rei:
That's okay.

AKAGI:
But you won't be able to get home by yourself, right?

Rei:
That's none of your business, you old hag.

AKAGI:
What?

Rei:
I can go home by myself, so leave me alone, you old hag.

AKAGI:
It's not nice to call someone an old hag.

Rei:
But you are an old hag, aren't you?

AKAGI:
I'm going to get mad. You need a good scolding from Director Ikari.

Rei:
That's what the Director calls you.

AKAGI:
That...

Rei:
He says, "That old hag is pushy,"
or that he, "doesn't need that old hag anymore."
He says, "That old hag is pushy,"
or that he, "doesn't need that old hag anymore."
He doesn't need that old hag anymore.

Rei / YUI:
It's what the Director calls you.

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Mon May 19, 2008 12:22 pm

I personally like the scene in episode 16 when Misato starts cry over Shinji because she thought he was gone for good earlier when he was in Leliel. It makes her seem 'motherly' to him than normal.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Kurochi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kurochi » Mon May 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Favorite scenes are hard to pick...

In EoE, probably where the 9 MP eva's and Shinji ascend and make the Tree of Sephirot. I just thought it was a very good and quite sybolic animation. After that though, in EoE still, probably One More Final.

In the series? All of episode 25.
Who needs roads when we've got wings?
Who needs wings when we've got minds?
Who needs minds when we've got sins?

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Mon May 19, 2008 3:31 pm

I always liked the harpy battle scene in EOE. Probably the best piece of action in the entire series.

I know it's shallow but I really like the action parts.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Zerogoki
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Zerogoki » Mon May 19, 2008 3:35 pm

I thought of another one - 1st episode, when Ritsuko, Misato and Shinji are travelling to the command centre, and there's something sinister in the background...

I think I like it so much because it took me about 3 viewings to actually notice it! :duhme:
zerogokiru theories make Zerogoki want to hit walls...
#I've got a soul,
But I'm not going to tell you whose...#

"It was originally Happy Magic Virtue Shield." NAveryW on the heap of odd that is the Enchanted Shield of Virtue...
Brikhaus: "I would use Eva-02 (because it's red) to deliver toys to all the good little girls and boys of the world on a single night. That night? September 19th, which is Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Mon May 19, 2008 4:08 pm

That bit when Pen Pen walks up to his fridge and extends his claw to press a button and it makes this WASHING! sound, then he gives Shinji that condescending look before he goes in.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon May 19, 2008 4:33 pm

master_lloyd wrote:I always liked the harpy battle scene in EOE. Probably the best piece of action in the entire series.

I know it's shallow but I really like the action parts.

FUCK

How could I forgot?

- "Air" sequence

It's just...wow

Magami no D00M
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Magami no D00M » Mon May 19, 2008 8:11 pm

The top three for me, after having years of evaluation at my disposal...

1. Eva-02 getting pierced by the rest of the spears. Just my favorite act of cold hard precision and brutality, visually.

2. Shinji meeting Kaworu....dammit I like all of their interactions (duh), but there's something special about that desolate setting, the sunset and all. Preferably the silent death version.

3. Every bousou scene is sweetly special and unique, but one that broke the mold (quite literally, actually) and happened to be my most favorite in terms of execution was Eva breaking out of Leliel's shadow. It was just creepy and bloody (lawl) powerful.

Sure, Rei's smile and Yui-sama eating the S2 are perennial favorites, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to think a bit more on the subject. Certainly haven't posted like this on the subject of Eva in god knows how long.
Failsig:http://myanimelist.net/profile/Maga-me~Catalogue your hobby/obsession/drug.
DA Plug: http://magamish.deviantart.com/
*back from the dead to once again rekindle my Eva ineterst, since I recently purchased the domestic Rebuild 1.0 dvd* >>;

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”