[RP]A Post Third-Impact World ~Session 1~

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri May 02, 2008 7:56 am

(Eric: That be some blackmail? WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!? Of course I'm gonna end up posting soon after.)

For no conscious reason, Sachiel's nightmare had calmed to a pleasant dream. It was just him with all his siblings in their current and eventual Lilin states, even the ones who hadn't returned yet, all enjoying themselves on the beach. Never had the thought that this was only a dream crossed his mind. He wasn't familiar with the Lilin norm of "sleep", nor dreaming, but he nevertheless fell prey to both.

The scenery started to fade, and get fuzzy. Not altering his perception of what a great time he was having, just slowly slipping out of consciousness, until finally it was gone.

--

Consciousness, true consciousness, as Sachiel slowly woke out of his dream. His unconscious grip loosened as he realized he had someone else's hand in his. Her dark red eyes quickly met his hidden amber eyes, and for a second they just stared. Sachiel wasn't sure how to react to this. What is she doing here? Is she watching over me? Protecting me?? Is this still a dream???

Finally, the masked boy broke the silence. "Sh-shamshel...Hi..." Swallowing, he tried to think of something else to say. "How long was I sleeping?"

He looked her up and down. Her appearance had changed. She was now wearing a girl's gym uniform that seemed almost too small on her, clinging tight to her body. Sachiel looked around till he noticed his jacket had been placed on top of him while he slept.

He managed a smile.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri May 02, 2008 4:15 pm

“C’mon Baka. We need to start helping the others survive.”

Shinji nodded, still holding onto her hand. "Um, Asuka, wait." She paused, looking at him, confused. With that, the boy thought for a moment, as if he asking her for her hand in marriage.

At length, Shinji seriously spoke: "Hey. Do you want to split my plate of chicken curry-rice with me? Afterwards we can go help the others. Maybe spend some time together--just us--looking for supplies."

Sitting down on the bed, Shinji forced himself to take the first bite. He gulped slowly, then let out the breath he didn't realize he was a holding. "Don't worry, it tastes good. I guess Misato-san was practicing with cooking."

He motioned for the girl to sit next to him, putting her spare pair of chopsticks next to him. "So, Asuka...", Shinji added after a moment of eating the meal. "Would you want to go check on your mother while I wait for you outside? I wouldn't mind, I mean, I'd like some time for myself just to think about things and...you should have some time for yourself, as well." Nervously, he stuttered out, "And, and that way, people won't bother us about looking for supplies together."

Managing a weak, tired, smile, Shinji quietly added: "I decided I'll try to get over myself and just go with the flow of things. It'll be hard, but..." Clearing his throat, he shook his head, pushing back the negative thoughts entering his mind. He had to try to stay positive.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri May 02, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Fri May 02, 2008 5:44 pm

"Your ability to be strong enough to apologize for what was said last night gives me a slight amount of higher respect for you, Lilin," Arael replied to Kensuke, her next sentence emphasized with a slightly disturbing smirk, "Just don't let it happen again, or I will not be as forgiving. Is that clear?"

After that she took a mouthful of food, waiting for the boy's response.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat May 03, 2008 4:07 pm

((PROTIP @ SSD & EB: Start a new paragraph when a different character starts talking. Don't start a new paragraph when the same character is still talking unless there is an actual reason to.

This post was hard to write and I think it sucks.))

“Fascinating,” Ritsuko commented. “Angels returning as humans, one of Second Impact's ground zero victims returning after fifteen years, and now this.”

“Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu?” Akira asked. “Is there something special about her... case?”

Ritsuko gave him a sidewards glance. “So you two have already been acquainted?”

“Not here,” he said. “Years ago.”

“Ah.” She turned her attention back to Kyoko. “Very interesting, that she would return wearing her dive suit.”

“'Dive suit', eh? I've been wondering about that thing.”

Ritsuko settled at the edge of Kyoko's bed and began a 'preliminary investigation'. “A perfect replication of one of the sole two functional models produced and actually used. The '02-Type' was for Soryu's exclusive use.”

Now that she mentioned it... there actually was a “02” printed on the suit's upper chest. “That's very interesting and all, but what was it actually for?”

“I require a temporary distraction from the matter, I'm afraid.” She tentatively analyzed the burnt area. “Is there anything you can tell me about the incident Soryu was involved in earlier?”

“Hm? How much do you know?”

“Only that two others were involved. Shinji-kun is one, I do believe. I've already attended to the other, a young woman — one of the Angels, I assume. She had not been in the best of condition.”

So the one in the armor suit was a female? Interesting.

Ritsuko went on. “Could you care to illuminate what this incident entailed? I'm rather curious as to how both of the ladies managed to burn themselves so much.”

Akira shrugged. “The simple version is: Kyoko attacked Shinji, Shinji went down, the young woman attacked Kyoko, they both went down. If you want details... well, I don't have all that many, but...”

“One moment, please.” She was inspecting Kyoko's left wrist, or, rather, a bulky piece that wrapped around it. It sported a number of buttons, and there seemed to be writing of some sort accompanying each one, but it was hard to make out.

Akira peered at them. “What are you trying to do?”

“Soryu-san checks out fine so far, so the next step is to remove the suit.”

His eyebrows went up. “And you haven't considered asking me to leave?”

“I will require assistance, Dr. Katsuragi.”

Straightforward, but... “All things considered, asking me to help with that seems, well...” He sighed. “It seems 'impolite'.” Various ideologies aside... he felt like he was being put on the spot. He wasn't sure he had a personal problem with undressing an unconscious woman for legitimate medical purposes so much as he worried about how it might be taken the wrong way... even though that sort of fretting made him feel silly.

Ritsuko leered slightly. “I won't tell her if you don't. You'll be fine, Dr. Katsuragi. I'm sure it's nothing you haven't seen before.”

She was all business. No fiddle-faddle. He'd known someone remarkably like her once before. The nostalgia was almost... nice. “Seen one, seen them all, eh?” he remarked lightly.

“Human anatomy is remarkably generic. It's a wonder people can tell each other apart.”

“Is that why you bleach your hair?” he probed.

That is a secret,” Ritsuko said cryptically. “Do I have your cooperation then, Dr. Katsuragi?”

He contemplated correcting her to 'Akira', but it didn't feel like a good time. “Are you sure you don't want me to get someone else?”

“No. Besides, I would actually like to have an adult male present, just in case.”

'Just in case'? If so, he was probably the least qualified adult male she could pick. He had never been all that strong, and, besides... “She wasn't afraid of Smith; I doubt I'll—”

Ritsuko gave him an unamused look.

Akira sighed again. “Fine, fine.”

With a self-assured smile, Ritsuko lifted Kyoko's left arm up and finally tapped a button on the wrist. Click. With a quiet rush of air, the suit immediately expanded around Kyoko into a loose, limp mass. Well, that would certainly simplify things. “The joints on the wrist pieces need to be opened.” She started doing one, and Akira quietly aped her. They popped open readily enough. “Now, could you prop her on the edge of the bed so that she's sitting up? ...Thank you.”

The 'dive suit' seemed infinitely more high-tech — not to mention more comfortable — than the contraption Akira himself had once worn. (What a horrible thing that had been.) Ritsuko seemed to be opening the back up somehow, but he couldn't get a very good look and do his job at the same time. Kyoko still looked fully unconscious and entirely oblivious to what they were doing. “...nichts als ein Tier.” Just what had she been dreaming about before...?

Ritsuko brought the neck and shoulders of the suit to Kyoko's front, and Akira could see that they split in back. Then the awkward part began.

Even with the suit as baggy as it was, getting an unconscious, grown woman out of it proved a daunting challenge, at least with only two people. Ritsuko, however, continuously treated it as if it ought to be the simplest task in the world.

Well... perhaps it ought to be. But Akira, entirely in spite of himself, found himself in an escalating struggle between the need to focus and the impulse to behold the form that was being exposed. He wondered if Ritsuko was taking some kind of amusement in his likely-obvious nervousness.

Then, a distraction. On Kyoko's abdomen, a bright pink area that seemed to be forming some blisters. “There's our burn,” he commented. “At least the suit provided some buffering effect.”

“Soryu-san's wounds are practically nonexistent compared to her assailant's.” Ritsuko tenderly felt the edge of the area. “The skin needs to be cooled off. Let's free up her legs and get her into a shower.”

Seemed like a virtuous enough use of resources... “Is there still running water? Do you know?”

“There was earlier, but I have no idea how long it will last.”

“I guess we'll find out the hard way.” He shrugged.

As they proceeded onto this next task, Ritsuko finally backtracked. “Now, Dr. Katsuragi, would it be possible to furnish those 'details'?”

“Eh?”

One leg freed. “On the incident.”

“Oh. I actually didn't see the entire thing...”

“That's fine. I didn't see it at all.” She wrestled with the 'shoe' of the left leg.

“Well...” Akira sighed. “The foreigner, Smith, was antagonizing Kyoko when I arrived. I heard him curse, and he dropped something — some heavy, thoroughly-crushed object. It might have been smoldering, but it was dark enough that it was hard to tell.”

Ritsuko hummed, as if this was thoroughly interesting. And then the dive suit, at long last, became a shiny gold pile of material heaped on the floor, no longer an impediment to progress. “That took longer than predictions. Dr. Katsuragi, could you please carry Soryu-san?”

One corner of his mouth dipped down, but he nodded in affirmation.

As he gathered the limp woman into his arms, an uncanny feeling of discomfort swept over him, and, as he took steps forward, he felt, for just one moment, as though he were walking into hell.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun May 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Ritsuko found the rest of the “details” even more interesting, but she didn't seem particularly interested in elaborating upon her own thoughts. Akira was feeling a bit disappointed so far. The woman gave the distinct impression of being a veritable gold mine of information. “Head of the science division” of Gehirn's direct descendant... And she didn't seem ignorant, either — not a personnel from whom dirty secrets had been kept hidden. Akira had so many questions to ask... So much had happened since September 2000, and it was so difficult to make sense of what he'd picked up in that mental mishmash.

He couldn't be impatient. Still, at the very least... Kyoko's “dive suit” and some of the things he'd seen earlier were bothering him.

“How is it looking?” Akira asked, crouching on the bathroom linoleum.

“The blistering isn't optimal,” Ritsuko said, “but at least it's minor.” She finally turned off the shower spray. “Would you be able to fetch a couple of towels, Dr. Katsuragi? ... Thank you.”

One went to Kyoko — whom Akira was, naturally, given the privilege of drying off and carrying back to bed — and the other to Ritsuko, decked out in a swimsuit she had insisted on fetching before stepping into that shower.

He stood by Kyoko's bedside and waited as Ritsuko got dressed, arms crossed and foot tapping anxiously. Musing... Eventually he heard Ritsuko creep up from behind, and he said quietly, “So what's the prognosis, Doctor?”

She was drying her hair with a small towel. “We'll have to wait and see. We obviously don't have the tools here to make a more detailed assessment.”

“What are the chances that she'll just stay like this? That she's entered a coma, or som—”

“Soryu-san will probably be fine. Her system is likely just recovering from shock.”

Akira frowned. “I'm almost surprised she didn't die from that.” Or is it the greater surprise that she hasn't woken up yet?

Ritsuko, however, smiled. “For all our frailties, we can be quite resilient.” She paused for a moment and draped the towel over her shoulders with a sort of thoughtfulness. “Well... Some of the time, at least.”

He simply raised an eyebrow.

“In any case, I'll put something on the burned skin, and, if you could possibly find some form of dress for Soryu-san that will leave that part of her abdomen exposed...”

Akira frowned again, wondering why such paltry tasks had to fall upon him. He nervously glanced at Kyoko's naked body, noting, among other things, that she was much taller and more substantial than Sayaka, the only lady whose sizes he had ever memorized. “I, ah, wouldn't exactly know where to begin. I don't know very much about women's sizes...”

Ritsuko shrugged. “Then guess.” And she simply walked off — to fetch the supplies, he assumed.

He scratched his head. She's a helpful one, isn't she? Feeling rather lost, Akira glanced around the room. Dresser, closet... He looked inside both, only to discover that—

“The original tenet was apparently male,” he commented to Ritsuko, who had since returned.

“Well, we can't have that.”

“I'll... look in some other bedrooms, then.”

She simply hummed in affirmation.

Akira stepped out of “Kyoko's room” and investigated the rest of the apartment unit, but it was a small one. No other bedrooms. He headed back out into the hallway and saw that the door of Shinji's apartment was still open. He quietly walked past and peeked in, seeing that Misato and Lilith were still there — along with food he hadn't paid much attention to before... — but the other people were gone. Maybe I could ask Misato about... He contemplated for a moment. ......nah.

He picked a door at random and, after knocking gently to make sure he wasn't disturbing anyone, went about seeing if there was anything to loot.

Dr. Akira Katsuragi, eh?

First impressions were that the man wasn't exactly what she'd expected. Then, Ritsuko wasn't entirely sure what she'd expected. Meeting the man in person had ever only been a pipe dream, even though she'd known that the intact souls found in the Antarctic waters by the earliest investigations had refused to disappear over the following fifteen years. The Katsuragi Team, and the members of any other Antarctic research teams caught in the collateral damage, must have all been present in Instrumentality and subsequently given the ability to return to life. But it was so odd, that they would be granted such a chance, while people who had died much more recently, like Mo—

Perhaps that was for the best, though.

Dr. Katsuragi. Perhaps she'd been expecting someone more... well, “bold”. As she understood it, he'd been an uncompromising maverick, a tarred-and-feathered laughingstock of the scientific community who would endure the opposition without so much as a flinch. There were plenty of stories about the charming, intrepid physicist — from whoever had met him and lived beyond Second Impact, at least. However, the man she'd just been acquainted with seemed considerably more soft and subdued. And there was a youthful awkwardness about him that was almost... endearing.

Still, it was likely a contextual thing, i.e., he would “spark up” when in his element. That would be interesting to see. But he had also been dead for fifteen years, hadn't he? She wondered what sort of effect that would have on a person. And what sort of experience would that have been, as well? Was it similar to floating in the ocean after Instrumentality, or somehow different? Perhaps she could find opportunity to ask him sometime...

Questions. So many questions.

So much to do. And she was so very tired.

She put the finishing touches on Soryu's dressing. It wasn't ideal, but it would have to suffice. Ritsuko thought for a moment that the burnt area looked slightly smaller, but she wasn't sure if this was just due to her own fatigue, or, perhaps, due to something else...

Ritsuko slumped up, and, wondering where that man had disappeared to, wandered out into the kitchen. Would she be allowed to sleep anytime soon? Unlikely. Should she ask Rei if she would be so kind as to use her Angel powers to brew up some coffee? No, that would require far too much humility. Perhaps even more than the alternative.

Looking around tiredly, she spotted an empty can on one countertop. She picked it up and looked at it vacantly. There seemed to be some kind of cartoon character on the label, beckoning the consumer to buy and drink, as if said character's presence automatically made the product of greater quality and taste. But six letters on the label spoke out to Ritsuko, and, in her desperation, she peered inside the refrigerator. Could her savior be found here?

Yes. Indeed. There was more of it.

Canned coffee.

It was all or nothing.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon May 05, 2008 1:32 am

"Your ability to be strong enough to apologize for what was said last night gives me a slight amount of higher respect for you, Lilin," Arael replied to Kensuke, her next sentence emphasized with a slightly disturbing smirk, "Just don't let it happen again, or I will not be as forgiving. Is that clear?"

As Arael took her plate and started eating, Kensuke quickly replied. "Yes! I promise. Toji here promises too! I'd also like to apologize to Sachiel, but since he's sleepin', I can wait." He almost said that all in one breath, letting it all out when he finished.

Kensuke so envied another chance to interview, he already had his camera strapped to his hand, but because of what happened earlier, he didn't.

--

Kaji and Leliel had dragged Bardiel all the way to the apartment entrance, the sun was not far behind them, not quite peaking over the horizon, but it still illuminated the sky enough to see a few meters ahead. Most of their walk had been quiet, like Leliel did not want to speak to the Lilin save for emergencies. And since this one was under control, she remained silent. Bardiel was still out like a rock, showing no sighs of regaining consciousness soon. He just hung from their shoulders, dragging his feet.

The bruise on the back of his head was throbbing now, his ears ringing loudly, a patch of hair stained with blood. He didn't mind it though, he'd felt worse pain before. A lot worse. This was nothing but a minor discomfort. Most of the night had been a minor discomfort, from naked to suicidal Angels, hopefully now things will slow down and give him a chance to get some rest.

They entered the dimly lit lobby, and sat Bardiel down in a chair. "Best to keep him here. It'll be easier to keep track of." He glanced at Leliel, noticing slight bags under her eyes. "You should get some sleep, I'm sure somebody will help you find a bed. If not, I will. Deal?" His friendly smiled returned to his face as he loosened his arms after dropping the dead wait.

--

After a few minutes in the lion's den, Kensuke and Toji finally split and entered the lobby, seeing Kaji and Leliel putting Bardiel down. "Hey, Kaji-san! What took you? We have food prepared for everybody upstairs." Kensuke glanced at Bardiel, realizing he was unconscious. "Sheesh, what did you do to him? Did he put up a fight?"

"No, no. Nothing like that. He simply passes out from exhaustion, that's all." At least, that's what Kaji thought.

Upon taking a closer look. "Hey, doesn't that look a lot like...Toji! Is this the Angel the possessed Unit-03!?"

Kaji nodded. "That's right. Bardiel, the 13th. Angel of hail." His eyes drew themselves toward Leliel, not knowing if she was ok with talking about this. "Listen, how about that food. I haven't eaten since last night."

(Opening it up for Toji to respond to his nemesis.)
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon May 05, 2008 12:08 pm

((Decided to make Kyoko around my height for lulz. I provide some cues for SSD and whoever else towards the end. I dunno how peeps feel about this, but I figured... why not leave slots open where the other character is likely to respond?))

“Doktor Zeppelin Soryu,” Akira muttered to himself, “why must you be so tall?”

Thinking back, she had to be some 178 cm — likely on account of the fact that Kyoko was, as the expression went, a “half”. And Akira was having trouble finding anything that looked like it might fit. Tall Japanese had become increasingly common in the post-war generations, but they seemed to be almost entirely, if not exclusively, male. At least, they were the last time Akira was around to observe the population trends for himself, but judging from these wardrobes things hadn't changed much.

Most of the items that went into the pile ended up being garments intended for male use after all. But if it worked, it worked, and if they had to cut off the bottom of an undershirt, so be it. He just hoped Kyoko didn't mind whatever she ended up in.

He collected everything into his arms and headed back to Kyoko's room, passing the open door that hopefully still led to the promise of sustenance on the way. What a tease; he wondered when he would actually be given a moment to just sit down and eat.

When he entered the apartment, he found Ritsuko stooped over the kitchen sink, gagging, a can of something clenched firmly in one hand. Akira quickly dropped the pile of clothes and hurried over to her.

“Ritsuko? Are you alright?”

She straightened up immediately and, swiping her mouth with the back of her wrist, smiled broadly. “Oh, that? It was nothing. Nothing at all.” And then, in a single bold gesture, she downed the rest of the can.

Akira merely stared at her in puzzlement.

Ritsuko slammed the can down on the counter next to one identical in appearance, ambled over to the refrigerator, and pulled out yet another. “Would you care for one, Dr. Katsuragi?”

He glanced at the label. “Canned coffee? Ah..... no, thank you. I have what you might call a 'delicate constitution'.”

“Hmm. I see.” Ritsuko pulled back on the tab and took a more restrained sip. She looked over towards the large pile heaped near the doorway, then back at Akira. “...... Better safe than sorry?”

Akira simply shrugged.

She retrieved the pile and threw it onto the kitchen table. “Thank you for your assistance, Dr. Katsuragi.” She began sorting through the items and picking some things out. “I can probably handle the rest from here.”

“What if Kyoko wakes up and does something drastic?”

Ritsuko looked at him for a moment from the corner of her eye, then returned to her task. “I should be fine.”

“If you insist...” Akira watched her for a moment. “By the way, when you're finished, Shinji still needs to be looked at.”

“Yes, I'm aware of this. Rest assured he will be attended to presently.”

He nodded, and, tucking his hands into his pockets, departed.

((Remainder of Akira's post updated, expanded, and moved to my next post just to confuse people.))

((I'll just skip to current time with Toji. Retroactively edited as is common practice....))

Bardiel. The Angel of Hail.

Possessed Eva-03. Looks like me.

“......... What the hell is that creep doin' here?” Toji hissed under his breath, feeling his fists clench. “Couldn't he just stay dead? 'Ey? Couldn't he?!?”

Misato-san’s boyfriend — that Kaji guy — replied with his typical, cool-headed tones. “Nobody should be denied the right to live if they yearn to. If Bardiel came back, he did it because he wanted to, and nobody should stop him from doing so.”

“Oh, I get it. So it’s all forgive and forget, eh?” Toji sneered. “Maybe I can forgive that Sachi guy, cuz at least that seemed to be an accident. But this creep!” He pointed at Bardiel fiercely. “This bastard knew exactly what he was doin’! He didn't give a shit! Not about me, not about Shinji, not about—” His lip curled. “Dammit, just one of you gimme one reason why I shouldn't rip this fucker apart right now!!!”
Last edited by Reichu on Mon May 12, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 05, 2008 7:12 pm

(OOC: I don't mind the cues at all. It makes sense, realistically-speaking with how conversations tend to flow.)

Putting the rest of the plates of food together, finished with cooking, Misato let out a sigh. She couldn't help but be curious with what happened between Shinji and Asuka. Yet, she knew it wasn't her business unless either of them tried to hurt themselves or the other.

"Rei, thanks again for your help." She smiled at the blue-haired girl. "If you're hungry, feel free to dig in now; I don't mind. In fact I think I'll try a little, myself."

Holding her plate of food with one hand and holding her chopsticks with the other, Misato quickly said "Itadakimasu" before eating some of the chicken. The woman brightened at the fact that---probably with Rei's help--their cooking wasn't as bad as she at first feared it would be. She happily ate several more pieces of the curry in--what was hopefully--blissful silence.

“Morning, Misato.”, a familiar voice suddenly said.

Looking up from slouching against the kitchen cabinet, she blinked, surprised he was back so soon. Misato felt embarrassed that she had a mouth-full of food--mostly likely along with some grains of rice on her mouth from eating so fast-so she quickly gulped.

Not being able to hide the light pink tint of her cheeks, the woman politely coughed, trying to hide a stutter mixed with a giggle. "Hello, father. I hope everything's going well for you." Having some humane concern for the woman despite what she did, Misato gently added, "What's the situation with Soryu-san?"

“Hm... Well, still sleeping soundly. The only detectable physical damage is a large burn, and Ritsuko's done what she can for that. Now we just wait and see.”

Looking at the food, Akira smiled. “I see you two have been working hard. Truth to tell, I've barely been able to eat a thing since I … reembodied, or whatever you call it. There's barely been a moment's peace. Unlikely to be many anytime soon, I imagine.”

Misato solemnly nodded her head at that, eyes on the floor. "Yeah..."

“Have either of you eaten yet?” "A little, yes."

Satisfied, he straightened up, fork in hand. “It actually looks like it's a nice morning. I think I might eat outside.”

"Alright then. I'd join you, father, but I think it's best for me to stay here to watch over things. I'll see you around."
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue May 06, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue May 06, 2008 12:18 am

((Expanded/altered stuff from the end of my last post.))

Well... that was… interesting, Akira thought to himself. Running his fingers through his hair, and observing how messy it was, he sighed. And, rubbing his cheek, his fingertips were met with stubble — always unpleasant. He envied females in that regard. Another sigh. A proper cleaning and grooming seemed so far away. More pressing matters, though...

Akira wandered back into Shinji's apartment. Misato was still in the kitchen, leaning against a cabinet and slurping down one of the concoctions with a pair of chopsticks in hand. The blue-haired girl was there, as well, and seemed to be working meditatively on something.

He approached his daughter and greeted her warmly. “Morning, Misato.”

While he hadn't intended to create a shock, Misato abruptly swallowed whatever she'd been eating and, for whatever reason, looked a bit embarrassed.

He simply cocked his head inquisitively.

Upon recovering, Misato greeted him in turn. “Hello, Father. I hope everything's going well with you.”

He shrugged. “No drastic alterations.” Glancing over at his other company, he said, “Ah, didn't mean to ignore you.” With a polite tip of the head, “Good morning, Lilith.” It felt rather strange to address someone with the appearance of a teenage girl that way.

“What's the situation with Soryu-san?” Misato asked.

Akira was almost surprised she'd take interest. “Hm... Well, still sleeping soundly. The only detectable physical damage is a large burn, and Ritsuko's done what she can for that. Now we just wait and see.”

Misato nodded.

Not willing to ignore the gaping emptiness in his stomach any longer, he turned his attentions to the food that remained. “I see you two have been working hard.” He smiled. “Truth to tell, I've barely been able to eat a thing since I … reembodied, or whatever you call it. There's hardly been a moment's peace. Unlikely to be many anytime soon, I imagine.”

“Yeah...”

“Hope you don't mind if I dive in.” Akira began covering a dish with generous portions of the remaining food — when he suddenly felt the effects of the contents of that water bottle from earlier. He quickly glanced out the window, and had a thought. “Have either of you eaten yet?”

“A little, yes,” Misato replied.

Of course; she'd been eating right when I came in! At last he straightened up, plate full, fork in hand. “It actually looks like it's a nice morning. I think I might eat outside.”

“Alright then.”

He frowned slightly.

As if reading his mind, she went on, “I'd join you, Father, but I think it's best for me to stay here to watch over things.”

“Ah, I see. That's fine.”

“I'll see you around.”

He nodded. The disappointment was likely evident in his face — the sudden idea of taking refuge from the chaos into the briefest moment of peace, and touching base with his daughter at the same time, had seemed slightly appealing — but, like most disappointments, it would fade quickly.

He wandered further into the apartment briefly to look out the window; the sky was rapidly filling with the hues of early morning. As he headed back to the corridor, he peaked through an open door into a dark bedroom, only to find a familiar avian sleeping soundly within. With a broad smile on his face, he at last left, throwing a final wave at Misato and Lilith.
Last edited by Reichu on Sun May 11, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Tue May 06, 2008 2:53 am

"Sh-Shamshel...Hi...How long was I sleeping?"

Shamshel felt her face grow hotter, not entirely sure why, as she immediately withdrew her hand from Sachiel's, frowning, before she picked up the plate Maya had left behind her.

"I do not know... I wasn't aware you... that is to say, I simply..."

Shamhsel stopped, trying to best explain what she had felt, only it was hard for her because the question bothered her. Why had she walked here? It hadn't been a conscious actions, she had somehow felt drawn here, like a pull, something she wasn't able to control, but didn't really felt like stopping.

[Sachi queue]

"I simply came here to make sure you weren't overly hurt." Shamhsel said simply while getting up and looking impassible, making her way to the door, frowning at herself as this feelings, this constant fluttering feeling of tightens is her stomach and warmness of her face whenever she was around Sachiel.

[Sachi queue]

"We cannot allow ourselves to be with weak companions if we are to survive." She paused, after hearing that, one foot already stepping out the door before turning at Sachiel, studying his mask, wondering why he chose to not reveal himself. But it was the tone of his voice, the way his words came out and asked, the form the sounds became the only way for her to know how he really truly felt what made Shamshel turn around.

She had failed once in her calling. She really hadn't wondered or given a second thought to her demise; She knew he was here, and she felt ambivalent at it, not really expecting anything, but she had accepted her faith; she had fought giving herself completely and even if he had killed and destroyed her, she had felt full filed.

Only, she had felt something missing. She remembered the searing, drilling pain in her chest before she saw everything was black, and then suddenly, she had felt the tug of her consciousness, opened her eyes to orange-red water and emerged gasping for breath.

She envied Sachiel for feeling somehow more connected to all fo them, even if she had been brought forth mere hours or minutes after, she still felt she had not made the best impressions neither with the Lilin or her siblings, acting as harshly as she had. Normally she would have not felt affected, but somehow it all came back to what her siblings had told her before.

He's here to help.

[Sachi queue]

"The others are upstairs." Shamshel said finally."It would be best for me to go there, we might be needed but you..."

She stopped, turning around before she finished in almost inaudible whisper. "You should rest here."

She exited without stopping to see Sachiel's reaction.

[Well, that's it for Shammy, gotta go an finish the Asuka one.]
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Tue May 06, 2008 3:30 am

(AT-kun: Fixed some slight typos.~SSD)

"Um, Asuka, wait."

Asuka turned around staring at Shinji. it was how he said that made her heart stop, her breath caught on her chest. His voice was serious, and she turned to look at him, expecting something.

"What is it Shinji?"

The boy walked to her, looking down and blushing as if he was afraid or ashamed, or possibly both, of what he was going to say. There was a feeling stirring inside her, some sort of expectation, and she couldn't help but wonder, taking their promise to stay with each to her come what may, could he be actually thinking of making it more...

Asuka felt her cheeks redden, and her lips tremble as she saw Shinji take another step towards her and somehow she was replaying what would be the best answer to give...

Saying "Yes" was, of course, the logical solution. After all she had said it herself, she would not let him push her away. She had done that before and she had experienced what it had done to Shinji, she had seen how this had affected the boy in such a decisive way. So of course she would say yes; she had to. not out of pity, or out of sympathy it was out of something more, something...

"Hey. Do you want to split my plate of chicken curry-rice with me? Afterwards we can go help the others. Maybe spend some time together--just us--looking for supplies."

Asuka stopped the cheerful affirmative answer from coming out as she looked at the slightly embarrassed face of Shinji, a disconcerting look that was a cross between puzzlement and anger on her face.

"That was what you wanted to ask me?" She asked trying very, VERY hard not to slap around the idiot for ruining the moment in the only way Shinji could, before she started to smile and giggle softly, realizing that was one of the reasons she would chose to stand by him; his utter cluelessness may sometimes make him an idiot, and would make her think of wringing his neck. but other times...

She broke off the thoughts as she heard him take a huge breath of air before chomping down on the food, eyes tightly clenched and Asuka giggled some more, staring at Shinji who was trying to put a brave face as he faced down Misato's cooking, before he gulped it down nosily and blinked once almost as if the taste was actually something better than he had expected.

"Don't worry, it tastes good. I guess Misato-san was practicing with cooking."

Asuka simply sighed, shrugging at herself. "Well, if you want to kill me prematurely or want to take the Romeo and Juliet route, I guess I should have some of the same poison as well."

She picked some of the curry Chicken with her chopsticks, looking at it dubiously just for show, smirking at Shinji lightly before opening her mouth.

"Mahlzeit!" She said smiling before they both chewed softly, the silence and the sound of them the only thing that was hard on the room; outside the noise of conversations was going on, which made them make short work of the contents of the plate.

"Would you want to go check on your mother while I wait for you outside?"

Shinji's question came out of the blue, making her look at him.

"Are you alight with it?" She asked with caution.

"I wouldn't mind, I mean, I'd like some time for myself just to think about things and...you should have some time for yourself, as well." The boy said, pausing for a second before he continued.

"A-and, and that way, people won't bother us about looking for supplies together."

There it was again; the nervous stutter Shinji would always seem to have whenever something became to overbearing for him. Asuka frowned at that, sighing before answering him.

"Shinji..." She began, a warning tone in her voice before Shinji's mouth turned slightly, making Asuka stop.

It was weak and tired, and for someone who didn't know him, it would look more like a grimace of pain, but Asuka knew what he was doing, and so she stopped. Letting him say his piece.

"I decided I'll try to get over myself and just go with the flow of things. It'll be hard, but..."

"Do you..." Asuka interrupted him, noticing his hesitation at ending. "Do you know why I came back?"

Shinji looked at her, shaking his head slowly from side to side.

"At first, I was in pain; I was hurt and I was angry, but mostly I was scared." Asuka began softly. "I remembered thinking of you, of how this was all your fault; I remember thinking for the longest time, craving for the opportunity to come back, to make you pay, to make you feel what I had felt for so long."

Asuka paused, biting her lips, wondering how far she could go, how much she should say. She was new at opening up, she had never felt the need, nor had seen the reason why she had to wear her heart on her sleeve, especially if it was going to get her hurt in the process.

"And suddenly, somehow it began to change. I began to remember the good times. I mean; for as long as I could remember I always seemed to focus on the bad parts, the bleak, the feeling of how everything started to slowly go to hell after the day you were made to attack the stoo-Toji."

And it was true. Like a soft, small tempo, blindly drumming a deafening tone that made them all march straight to their own bitter end, slouching towards the final part of an endgame set up by someone who never fully explained what they had wanted to win, Asuka felt sick when all the events that had lead her to that moment replayed themselves, from different angles, different perspectives, a million and one sides from a million and one minds and she suddenly saw it had been an inevitable faith.

But now... now it felt different. It felt like she had to open herself up, not because she had to settle a score, but because she wanted Shinji to know. She wanted to tell him just how much all of it all of the trials and tribulations had molded her, had made her become, and how in the end, all it had taken was being true to herself to do so.

"But, we used to have fun before then... I mean we were never really chummy, but we used to be ok. A-and suddenly, I began to focus on what you did to help me after that, even after I had slapped you away, and denied I needed help you were still stubborn enough to try and help me even after I..."

Asuka looked up, trying hard not to let any more tears fall, not because she was afraid of crying in front of him, out of stupid and misguided pride, but because she was tired of crying for mistakes long past.

"So somehow I began to focus my thought on you, and when I was feeling you should feel what I felt, I began to see that you had... that we had essentially been on the same train."

She took Shinji's hand, before she whispered the final reason why she came back. and Shinji simply looked at her, an expression of something she hoped could be acceptance, but wasn't really sure flashing on his face.

They stood like that, simply standing and staring and not saying anything else before Asuka broke off.

"W-well any how I think you're right. I'll go and check on mama and you can have that time alone for yourself." she said as loud as she could as she walked out the door and into the hallways, intent on making whoever was still here aware they were on their way.

She stopped short as she saw Misato and Rei sitting idly at the table, before she smiled at them.

[Misato/Rei queue]

"I'm going to check on Mama." She answered simply, waiting for a moment before she made her way to the door and walked out the door.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 06, 2008 6:23 pm

(OOC: Some EoTV/EoE mentioning, as well as my sucky attempt at parallels of Akira, Kaji and Shinji with Misato; to Rei, Asuka and Misato with Shinji.)

Fear. It was what held me back. Of being hated. Of not knowing what to say. Of...

Shaking my head, I couldn't help but wonder what the hell I was thinking; what I was doing. If we're going to be as busy as I fear later on, I can't just ignore any opportunities that come my way. Not after seeing the clear disappointment on his face.

“Ah, I see. That's fine.” “I'll see you around.”

Such simple words, and yet I could tell how much my fear of him, my fear of myself, my rejection of us both, had hurt him...

Despite not having seen him for 15 years, maybe...maybe we can start over again. Maybe this doesn't have to be as difficult as I'm making it out to be.

/"That was your decision, Katsuragi. You don't have to apologize to me." "No, that wasn't a decision! I was just running away. Running away from the snare of my father! I'm just like Shinji-kun. I'm a coward."/

Memories. Things that happened months ago. And yet...were they still true? I am really somebody who's just continuing to run away? But I...

My eyes close in deep thought, purple hair falling over my shoulders and face.

I don't want to be a coward anymore. I don't want to be crying all the time because of when father wasn't around; and how I didn't want to be like mother. I don't want to have father hate me, I want us to have a lasting relationship. I don't want to see my father in Kaji anymore, I want us to be happy together in this new world. And, I don't want Shinji-kun to know that part of me that I wanted to show him; the part of me that desired him. I him to treat him like the son I never had.

I just...want to see them each where they should be, where I want them to be in my heart, separate from each other, but equally important: Parent. Lover. Family member. No. I won't run away anymore.

Sitting my plate in the sink, I nod slightly to Rei. "Sorry to leave you like this, Rei, but I need to see Father. I hope this isn't too much trouble... And please don't worry yourself with the dishes, I'll clean them later as a way to make up for this."

"...Thank you."

My eyes never leave hers as I readjust my jacket, heading for the door. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Shinji-kun and Asuka leaving the room, Shinji carrying a now empty plate of food.

Managing a smile slight towards the three former Children, momentarily wondering if they noticed, I take off in a run down the stairs; outside of the apartment complex into the blinding, early morning, sunlight. My brown eyes wander as I continue running, inhaling a breath of clean, fresh, air as I search for Father.

Asuka....Her whispered reason for coming back...it keeps playing over and over again in my head: "You. I came back because of you."

I want to tell her how happy it made me despite how I acted, but I couldn't...I just... My mouth wasn't working. And yet, maybe it was a situation where words weren't needed. Something that went beyond what could be communicated verbally...

Entering the hallway of our apartment, I notice Misato-san, suddenly standing up from the table, getting ready to leave somewhere. Before I could even ask her anything, she leaves. But not before giving a smile at me and the girls.

Letting out a sigh, puzzled, I scratch the back of my head, making a mental note to find sometime for us to just talk about things.

"I'm going to check on Mama." Asuka's calm voice snaps me out of my daze, as I notice her leaving the apartment, too.

Frowning to myself, the realization hits me like a ton of bricks. Slight panic begins to overwhelm my senses before I force myself to take a few quiet, deep, breathes.

I'm left alone with Rei, her red eyes quietly fixated on my own as she continues to sit--the remains of her meal beside her--and I haven't a clue of what to say or do. But I...I don't want to run away from her despite still feeling slightly afraid of...Mother. Lilith. Ayanami...Rei.

Putting my plate in the sink, I then sit down in the still-warm chair Misato recently occupied. Closing my blue eyes, I take in another deep breath, slowly inhaling and exhaling.

I...I can't run away from her. I won't. An...and...since I have sometime before meeting Asuka outside, I figure spending some of it with Ay--with Rei wouldn't hurt.

"So," I begin, managing a gentle, albeit nervous, smile--it takes every once of my willpower to stay clam and not to stutter--"how are you, Rei?"

At least it's a start.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun May 11, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue May 06, 2008 6:24 pm

Sachiel noticed a blush on her face, just the slightest tint of red filling her cheeks before she quickly removed her hand from his and took the plate of food Maya had given her.

"I do not know... I wasn't aware you... that is to say, I simply..."Shamshel stopped, as if trying to think of a valid reason as to why she was here, or an excuse.

Sachiel slightly tilted his head in curiosity, gazing into the red eyes of the person who had just be watching over him as he slept. He was oblivious to the fact that her hand had calmed his nightmare, in fact he could hardly remember the dream at all.

"You weren't here to...?" He stopped, he actually couldn't think of a reason for her to have been watching over him all this time. He was unfamiliar with the Lilin concept of infatuation, so unlike others, he couldn't make a joke similar to Toji's when Hikari visited him in the hospital. Though, he wasn't quite sure what a joke was either.

"I simply came here to make sure you weren't overly hurt." Shamshel said simply while getting up and looking impassible, making her way to the door, frowning. Her back turned to him as she already slightly cracked the door open.

Sachiel blushed deeply at Shamshel's words of protection for him. He honestly didn't think of that. "Oh, I...um. You didn't have to. I mean, uh..." He was at a loss of what to say, her words had caught him completely off guard, not knowing why someone would want to make sure that he wasn't hurt. Always had he been alone to take care of himself before, until now. "T-thank you though..."

"We cannot allow ourselves to be with weak companions if we are to survive." She paused, after hearing that, one foot already stepping out the door before turning at Sachiel, her eyes looked like the her examining his face, almost reaching into his soul. Though red, the color of blood, and somewhat in a frown, they made him feel like everything was alright.

"I feel all better now. Honestly." He lifted up his shirt a bit, revealing traces of healed bruises on his right side a little sore spot here and there, but not much to impair his walking. "I think I can walk."

He made a move to get up, his feet were already on the floor beneath the bed, but was stopped when she said. "The others are upstairs. It would be best for me to go there, we might be needed but you..."

She stopped, turning around before she finished in almost inaudible whisper. "You should rest here."

She exited without another word.

Sachiel sat there, dazed, still in a stance to push himself out of bed, but just stayed there sitting.

--

“......... What the hell is that creep doin' here?” Toji hissed under his breath, feeling his fists clench. “Couldn't he just stay dead? 'Ey? Couldn't he?!?”

Kaji frowned slightly at Toji's inability to remain calm. "Nobody should be denied the right to live if they yearn to. If Bardiel came back, he did it because he wanted to, and nobody should stop him from doing so." Kaji decided to keep Bardel's suicide attempt under wraps...for now.

“Maybe I can forgive that Sachi guy, cuz at least that seemed to be an accident. But this creep!” He pointed at Bardiel aggressively. “This bastard knew exactly what he was doing! He didn't give a shit! Not about me, not about Shinji, not about—” His lip curled. “Dammit, just one of you gimme one reason why I shouldn't rip this fucker apart right now!!!”

"1. He's unconscious. 2. This is a new world, we're supposed to leave all of our past hatreds behind and start off on a clean slate. Forget your grudge with the Angels and help us build a new life." Kaji frowned, this kind of childish behavior wasn't going to get them anywhere, but the child:adult ratio wasn't on the adult's side, it'll be hard to deal with that.

<Toji>

Kensuke spoke up. "He's right Toji. Let's just go upstairs and bring some more food for these guys."

"Bring Ritsuko too, she'll need to see to take a look at our friend here." Kaji added.

<Toji>

After they left, Kaji turned to Leliel. "Heh, sorry about that. Kids." Managing a smile. "You don't need anything do you? I think your siblings are in that apartment right there if you want to go. I'll keep an eye on Ol' Bardi here. Kay?"

(New plan. Drop all the abandoned Angels in the apartment! :thumbsup: J/K.)
- Sachi

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby honsou » Tue May 06, 2008 10:30 pm

(hons: Fixed some slight typos for ya. ~SSD)

What the hell just happened?

A man laid on the beach looking up into the sky seeing a red streak. He slowly went over the events of the last...who knows how much time. He remember barricading him self in his office, hoping beyond hope that he would some how survive this onslaught. Then...he saw his ex wife come out of the wall and embrace him, she whispered in his ear “Don't worry darling it will all be alright”. In flash he was in a world where he saw and knew everything. It was completely intoxicating but there was a wrongness to it all. There was no true feelings, the only emotion he truly felt was being safe. It was like being in a mother's womb and he wanted to be born. And now he is here, laying on a beach completely stunned. He reached into his suit and started to laugh hysterically. He pulled out a fresh pack of cigarettes, still in the plastic. He sat up, patted at his pants pockets and felt the matches. He pulled one out and started to smoke; a huge grin still on his face.

“Well, someone up there must really like me.”

He stood up, was about 5.9ft, average build but clearly out of shape, clean shaved, with short curly brown hair.

“Well, Brian let's find some human life shall we.”

And with that Brian started to walk towards buildings.

(I hope this is okay, if you have any advice for me it would be really great)

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby jenova7 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:19 am

Ramiel rose steadily from her bed, she had been sleeping a long time. It was Imediately apparent that she was in better shape then she had been previously. She attributed this to the fact that she wasn't writhing in pain. Her regenerative powers had been at work, for the scars remained, but she felt great.

How long have I been out? ,she wondered. I'd better report to the others

Before she could leave her room she still needed to find her' armour. All she could remember was that it had dissapeared when she had become unconcious. She found a blue dress in the wardrobe opposite her' bed, it would do for now.

Exiting the door, Ramiel smiled as she had a thought: in this outfit, barely anyone will recognise me.

"How amusing." she chuckled to herself. Ramiel walked past a door to see a new residant walk slowly out of the door, Her precence instantly recognisable

"Shamshel!" Ramiel cried in delight. she walked over to her sibling and embraced her tightly.

"I'm so glad you decided to live!, Its good to see you again". Ramiel paused to look at her' sibling's face.

"Shamshel. Your face seems so red, why is this so?, and I am sensing weird energy flowing through your aura. Are you alright"

(OOC:I hope this isn't playing god too much, if so I can edit, but I think Shamshel's feelings for sachiel would be noticable after their last coversation )

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Thu May 08, 2008 1:06 pm

[Awaiting the response for Teh 'Chu in regards to the fate of Asuka and Kyoko,in the meantime have MOAR Shammy]

"Shamshel!"

She whipped her head up, looking upfront to see someone approaching her. Shmahsel felt, for a moment like she should know the girl in front but couldn't really focus, couldn't really think; instead, she simply watched her, muscles tensing in the event of a possible fight.

But, there it was again: a familiar voice, same as Sachiel's, same as Israfael's and Armisael's and Leliel's. Familiarity. Something that made her immediately unclench her fists and relax her body even as it was embraced tightly by the other girl and it was then that Shamshel remembered...

"Ra...Ramiel?"

She looked so different; gone was the warrior she had seen while flowing in the nothingness; superb offense with a perfect defense. Equaled and balanced in all aspects of the fight. Even from afar, from the boundless, endless nothingness she had retreated to after falling in battle, Shamshel could still see them, could still feel them.

Now, in front of her laid a small, fragile looking child in a flowing blue dress, sometimes grimacing, and letting out small grunts of pain, but with the bright eyes of someone who was very much conscious. Different from the powerful force she had seen, but yet... it mattered to Shamshel none. Ramiel was still Ramiel in any form she seemed to chose.

"I'm so glad you decided to live!, Its good to see you again."

Shamshel only stared at her unsure of what to do or say. She still wasn't sure why she had decided to come forth. She hadn't analyzed it throughly. Se had only felt an inexorable pull and had fell forth, following the natural instinct of a newborn who goes towards the light.

"I am... glad you are better. you were badly burned when last I saw you." Shamshel replied with a small, ghostly smile appearing on her lips, amused by the energy Ramiel was showing. Energy that felt good, that seemed to mix with Shamshel very own, a feeling for warmth, of finally belonging somewhere washing over her.

A feeling not unlike but slightly different from the one she had felt before.

She was accepted here by her siblings. She was accepted by Lilin.

And for the first time, Shamshel's blush was not due because of feelings of awkwardness, but by an honest feeling of happiness.

"Shamshel. Your face seems so red, why is this so?

At the mention of this, Shamhsel reached up to touch her flushed cheeks, feeling them a bit hotter, before she shook her had, smiling softly to Ramiel.

"It is nothing."

"And I am sensing weird energy flowing through your aura. Are you alright"

Shamhsel chuckled at that, at the big eyes and low tones by which Ramiel had asked the question, and she simply nodded, closing her eyes, and relishing the feeling as much as she could.

"I am... I am alright." Shamshel answered pleasantly, allowing herself to look back at the door of the room where she had left Sachiel, briefly entertaining the idea of Asking Ramiel for her help to carry him before she immediately decided to forget that.

"The others are upstairs, though I do not know where our other siblings are." She began walking towards the stairs, extending her had to Ramiel.

"Are you alright to follow me upstairs? One of the Lilin brought me and Sachiel some food. I am sure they should have some for you as well."

[Well, let's hope the Mistress decides to answer my question and Asuka will move then, on the other hand, should Shamy and Ramy interrupt the little familiar get together between Rei and Shinji?]
Last edited by Eric Blair on Fri May 09, 2008 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 08, 2008 1:28 pm

(OOC: I actually was hoping for Shinji and Rei to have at least a bit of alone time to talk. I was gonna have Shinji make his merry way outside after his discussion with Rei, anyway.) Could Rami and Shammy take their time with getting up the stairs? ;) Anyway, the following is the only way I could ever write the Rei/Shinji relationship. Somewhat of a mindfuck post based off a recent Discussion topic. Other players, feel free to play off this however you want. It's doesn't matter to me how long Shinji was alone for, but the fact remains he was alone for some time. EDIT: Included lines not previously in here.)

"Rei, um...I haven't seen Kaworu-kun around lately. I know I was knocked out for a while but...where is he?" Noticing the silence, Shinji frowned, concerned. "Did...did something happen to him while I was unconscious?"

"...Adam....is.....dead. s-s...She died as her...AT Field collapsed upon itself. She escaped Earth, and the resulting explosion turned night into day for a few seconds. She sacrificed herself so that our second chance would not be wasted."

Sighing, he knew that if this was the case, then nothing could be done...But... "I feel sad, but the tears won't come.", he whispered to himself. Shaking his head as if to clear it, Shinji's sad blue eyes met Rei's red ones. Her eyes... Whenever he looked into them, it was as if they pierced through the very core of his soul...

"Rei." Shinji's right hand slowly, cautiously, reached across the table. Gently clenching her soft, pale, hand, their fingers intertwined. Warmth. Familiarity. Mother. "Why is it...that regardless of how afraid I feel around you, I just can't bring myself to hate you?", his voice shook. He forced himself to stay locked with her eyes, Rei's expression or lack thereof never changing. "If you really care for me more than Father, if you really are in lo--love with me..." He gulped, swallowing the bile in his throat. Shinji still wasn't certain how or why he knew this fact; he just did.

"Then...then, why weren't you at least by my side? I..." Shinji forced himself not to cry, even though his eyes were wet. "I'm still in such pain. I can't help but feel betrayed. I was alone for so many months, for such a long time..." He whimpered out these words, not letting go of her hand.

/Rei 2:"I'm sorry. I don't know what to do at a time like this." "You can just smile."/

/"Yes, my father doesn't need me! My father deserted me!" Rei 3: "And am I the substitute?" "That's right! That's got to be it! He abandoned me because he had you!" Rei 1: "As if you didn't run away all by yourself." "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! It's all his fault!! That time, I was actually going to tell him I hate him!"/

/Rei 3: "So, be good to yourself." "But there's no me! I don't understand! There's no way I can be good to that!"/

/"Then where's my dream?" Lilith: "It's the continuation of reality." "Where's my reality?" Lilith: "It's where the dream ends."/

Memories. Things that have already occurred in time and space. But... But does Rei even remember any of that? I only know who each Rei she was just because of Instrumentality. An, and she's literally the sister I never had, the only reminder of Mother left...I..I want her to remember everything about me, if she doesn't. Sadness.

"You...you want to hate me?"

He shook his head, serious. "No. I want to love you, I just..."

Rei's sudden reply broke Shinji out of his thoughts.

Starting to shake, a sudden, new, thought came to the boy. His eyes grew wide from shock: Why didn't he realize it before? The fact he was physically stronger due to being alone. His body gradually, but apparently, changing a little more. Lilith's cracked head taking awhile to reach land...Day after day, hoping for somebody, anybody, to come back to him but nobody came. Not having anything better to do besides getting his basic needs met than watching the moon, red LCL streaked across it, waxing and waning at night, or the red waves of the sea quietly lapping during the day... Although such scenes would normally be peaceful, being the only one able to view things like that wasn't.

"I...I was alone for more than a few months. Wasn't I, Rei?" He glared at the girl, beginning to feel anger build up within him. The last words came out colder than he intended, nearly spat out in disgust, yet Shinji couldn't help how he felt. Taking in a deep breath to calm down, Shinji closed his eyes, his voice in soft tones as he added, "Tell me. Please. How long was I alone for? What month, what day is it now?! The only thing I know is it's 2016. But, I...I have to know. Please!"
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun May 11, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Thu May 08, 2008 6:05 pm

Pain... So much pain.

Smith opened his eyes slowly. He sensed that he was on his back with tarmac under him, and that it was close to midday. His body hurt all over, his head especially so, and he couldn't feel anything in his right arm. There was an overwhelming smell of burning oil and rubber in the air.

What... What happened? Where am I?

As his vision cleared, he gathered his strength and pushed himself into a sitting position. His clothes were torn, covered in grime and dried blood. There was a dirty bandage wound around his left leg just below the knee. Still unable to get any tactile feedback from the right arm, he cautiously reached over with the left and tried to pull it into view.

What the hell?!

The arm was a mess: charred black in some places, raw and bloody in others. Maybe it was for the best that he couldn't feel it. Smith gingerly got to his feet, fighting a rising current of panic, and looked around. He was standing in the middle of a debris-strewn mountain highway, looking over an unfamiliar valley. The source of the combustion scents was a wrecked Humvee, lying on its side some distance away. It was twisted and blackened, the remnants of what must have been a pretty large cook-off lazily smoldering amongst its steel and aluminum bones. There were corpses strewn all around it. Beyond it, the American could see an apparently abandoned main battle tank, sitting at the edge of the road with its turret pointing out over the valley, and the tail section of a VTOL fighter-bomber. Raising his working hand to shield his eyes from the sun, Smith saw that the tank was black with a yellow lighting bolt insignia and that the VTOL was dark green.

Strategic Self-Defense Force hardware... Oh, no.

Smith started to step forward, then paused as something caught his eye. Looking down revealed a Hi-Power pistol lying maybe a meter and a half away. He picked it up: a Canadian Inglis model like the SSDF used, slide locked back on an empty magazine. Continuing onward, his adjusting eyes made out more magazines strewn about between himself and the Humvee, accompanied by liberal amounts of spent brass.

What happened here?

The Humvee was also an SSDF vehicle, now that he saw it up close, but none of the bodies around it wore that force's uniform. Some of them didn't even look Japanese, though Smith couldn't remember ever seeing any of them before. They didn't seem to have been dead long, but the heat of the sun made it impossible to judge much from a cursory inspection. A cautious check of their pockets and pouches turned up a few odds and ends, things like compasses and pocket knives, but no identifying effects. The search did turn up three loaded Hi-Power magazines, which the lone man standing greatly appreciated.

Looks like things have really gone to hell, Smith grimly thought as the empty magazine slid out. He pushed it aside, placed a full one upright on the road surface and pushed the 9mm down onto it. Come to think of it, where are my 1911s?

There was no trace of the .45s he had been so accustomed to carrying. Were they lost? Captured? Given to someone with greater need? He couldn't remember what had become of them, just as he couldn't remember how he had gotten these injuries. The last thing he could remember, now that he concentrated, was walking along a beach, a jacket fluttering around him in a chilly breeze. He remembered watching the fallout from Third Impact, remembered wandering along the shore in search of returning survivors... But everything beyond that was a void. He guessed that it had something to do with whatever injury his head had received—a nervous manual exploration indicated that it was bandaged much like his leg—but that didn't give him much to work from.

Well... At least I'm not alone.

That much was certain. Whether these dead men had been enemies, allies or both, their presence meant that there were people coming out of the dimly remembered sea of LCL. Smith stood once more, clumsily pressing the Hi-Power's slide catch with his index finger, and made his way towards the derelict tank to carry on scrounging.

History does not record what happened to him afterwards.

(And with that, I make my long overdue exit from this incoherent mess. Maya is open to whoever wants her.)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 08, 2008 8:39 pm

(OOC: Apologies for making an "OOC only" post here, but that's it? No more Smith again? O_o Or just him wandering around for a bit as you previously alluded to? At the very least, thanks for letting us know about Maya. You could still play as her if you wanted...)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri May 09, 2008 12:15 am

(Don't worry SSD, I'll hold them back for a minute)

Seeing two young woman showing an awful lot of skin, Kensuke flipped around, camera in hand and yelled out. "Hey! Who are those two? Is that Ramiel without her armor?? AND WEARING A DRESS!?!?!" His attention then turned to the pink-haired girl in the gym outfit that looked a few sizes too small, Kensuke made sure to get the camera on her. "Don't know you at all, what's your name?"

[Shamshel and/or Ramiel]

"Shamshel huh?" Then it hit him. "SHAMSHEL!? You mean that one that Shinji protected us from when we saw how much he suffered in the Evangelion? After Toji punched him? THAT Shamshel!?" Kensuke was a mixture of stunned, frightened and overjoyed. Anger never really seemed to phase him too often.

Toji narrowed his eyes disapprovingly. "Oy, Kensuke. Do ya really hafta remind me?"

Kaji frowned at Kensuke. "How are you familiar with all their names?"

His eyes widened. "Er..."

"Don't worry about it." Kaji shrugged it off and faced Shamshel and Ramiel. "Are you two going upstairs? Leliel here must be starving, can you take her with you to get something to eat. Take these two as well." He gestured to Toji and Kensuke. "I'm gonna stay here a bit with Bardiel, if that's ok with you?"

[Shamshel and/or Ramiel and/or Leliel]

(This is all part of the plan. You take Leliel with you, since she said she was going to find more suitable clothing, along with Shamshel. ^_^)

--

Sighing, Sachiel tried standing up once again. This time with no trouble at all, save for nearly tripping over his own foot. Stretching a bit, he found that he seemed better than ever. He smiled, then tested his limits, seeing how far he could bend before the pain came back. It was actually pretty far for each part of his body. Above normal, but not abnormal, just in between.

Finishing with that small exercise, he made his way to the door, figuring it was too hot, he left the jacket on the bed. He entered the kitchen and could see Israfel, Arael and Armisael eating their prepared meals.

He remembered what a Lilin said to him after the first time he awoke from sleep. "Good...morning."
Last edited by Sachi on Mon May 12, 2008 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Sachi

Return to “Role-Playing Related”