[MANGA] [NGE] New Manga Stage Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Would somebody PLEASE trasnlate the above into English?

@klasnic: In this case, by source I meant that AA was saying it's in the back of Volume 11/somebody uploaded from the Spainish edition. He said nothing about who.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu May 01, 2008 1:51 pm

i see "Homies like Bruce Lee, James Bond, and Lupin the III were badasses. On the other hand, Kaworu, different from Rei, can't comprehend anything" and "Kaworu isn't a bad chick"

edit: (btw, I don't know any spanish)
Last edited by Ornette on Thu May 01, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Thu May 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Ornette wrote:"Kaworu isn't a bad chick"

AHA!

WE HAVE BEEN VINDICATED!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 01, 2008 2:11 pm

Smith: I was thinking of writing something similar, myself. ;)

Ornette: Thanks man.

Pichi
Embryo

Postby Pichi » Thu May 01, 2008 4:27 pm

I don't speak a word of Spanish; however, I am French and speak Italian, and therefore have a pretty decent idea of what's written. I can't do a perfect translation, but I can give you the gist of it :

Sadamoto says he'd like to clarify that he's not suddenly become homosexual, though that now that he thinks on it a little, he remembers worshipping (even imitating) anime heroes and their pictures when he was small. He used to take their poses, et caetera, and said poses were sometimes rather bishônen-ish. Then he grew up and moved onto being influenced by stuff like Bruce Lee and such, which he now notices were all men. Then he came to having to draw Kaworu, who unlike with Rei (I'm having trouble telling the subject here, Sadamoto or Rei ? I'll go with Rei, sorry if it was Sadamoto) who finally realises what she feels rather precisely, Kaworu seems a bit aimless, and not that well versed in his own feelings. And all the while he was drawing him, Sadamoto thought, "Kaworu's not a bad boy", "please understand, Shinji" and "don't you like him a little ?". And he says that it made him realize that he himself had sort of fallen in love with Kaworu, and that oh boy is that one going to get people talking.

There, not exact, but best I can do. Anyone who speaks Spanish is welcome to totally destroy this and make it into something correct :toothy:

EDIT : Just for completion's sake -- in case I misunderstood the subject, the Rei / Kaworu part becomes about Sadamoto. IE, that he knew where he was getting Rei but wasn't sure about Kaworu, etc.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 01, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks for what you did, though. I was wondering what Sadamoto was talking about in this.

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Thu May 01, 2008 8:29 pm

Still sounds a bit silly to me. Kaworu, for the brief time he was part of the series, is one of my favorite characters. I generally found him an interesting and worthwhile character. I don't see how loving a character, male or female, really brings sexuality into question, as you can love a friend and not have any romantic or sexual feelings for them. Then again, Sadamoto admits being insecure (according to that loose translation), so I suppose that'd be why.

Heh, perhaps the reason he's slow is he feels guilty for killing Kaworu. "I'm a horrible person."
My memory and thought patterns are quite dodgy, and can best be described as "the lights are on but nobody is home."

That should explain a few things, if not many.

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri May 02, 2008 10:21 am

Yeah, he was the source. He posted it on my forums, I just took the news over here. Sorry for not sourcing rightfully.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Thu May 08, 2008 11:26 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-08/eva-sadamoto-to-draw-archaic-smile-short-story

He hasn't finished Eva yet... AND HE'S STARTING A NEW STORY.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri May 09, 2008 1:02 pm

NAveryW wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-08/eva-sadamoto-to-draw-archaic-smile-short-story

He hasn't finished Eva yet... AND HE'S STARTING A NEW STORY.

He's been doing side projects for years. Or should I say normal work as Eva appears to be the side project as he always pushes that away to work on something else.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

LiluDallas
Embryo

Postby LiluDallas » Sun May 25, 2008 10:04 pm

Well he's gotten near the end, haha actually he may have a writers block of sorts I mean he made some changes in stage 77 with that Asuka Scene and 78 really didn't do much... still making us wait so long its getting a bit ridiculous

Tabasco
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Tabasco » Mon May 26, 2008 8:45 am

No 'getting' ridiculous about it. The current delay is bad enough, especially on top of the others.

But, what's worse is that if you go by most mangas, that manage a volume every six months or so, we should have seen the end of the series sometime in 2001 or 02!

That's what I call job security.
---
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one insists on adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby universalperson » Mon May 26, 2008 6:15 pm

Dumb question: Wasn't the manga originally an advertisment for the anime?
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon May 26, 2008 6:18 pm

It was created to promote interest for the anime, so in that sense, yes.

LiluDallas
Embryo

Postby LiluDallas » Mon May 26, 2008 7:33 pm

which one came out first? I had always thought the Manga was released slightly before the anime

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon May 26, 2008 7:45 pm

the manga came out almost a year before the anime first aired, though the anime was originally scheduled to come out much closer to the manga's release

the funny thing is (IIRC) the manga didn't become a big hit until the show became a hit, and that wasn't during the anime's original run
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:11 am

Hey guys, long time no see. I had my computer HD trashed and I lost my Eva Manga collection :( Anyone got a link to where I might DL the entire thing up till now, as in Volumes 1 - 11?

You can always try amazon.com, though vol 11 isn't translated/out in the States yet.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:56 pm

remember, no linking to dl anything that's copyrighted
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Once again there's no new Stage this month. :rolleyes:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:58 pm

The truth is, Sadamoto just doesn't care.

Actually, this was probably a huge prank from the beginning: start an epic story for a product that was sure to become a cultural phenomenon, then get to the very end and not finish it.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”