Prototype Character Designs

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Prototype Character Designs

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:37 am

Proto-Asuka. Wow.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:43 am

Makes her look like one of those "perfect daughters" that every parent hopes for. The shorter hair really takes away from the aggressiveness of her personality. Also makes her look rich.
Her Plug Suit looks like a cross from the miners in Red Faction, and a astronaut uniform in many animes
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:03 am

Like the guys in the old Omake thread said, the short hair suits her a lot better.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:19 am

She looks wayyyy hotter! Imagine if the animators used that in the series, although Asuka would probably be more aggressive.

Fapfapfapfapfapfapfap
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:20 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:She looks wayyyy hotter!
Fapfapfapfapfapfapfap

More cleavage, then maybe...
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Skullraper
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Skullraper » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:30 am

This has got to be the fastest I’ve ever seen a thread turn pervy (with the possible exception of the panties thread).

I can see why they didn’t keep the short hair. Long haired Asuka looks far bitchier (thus suiting her character).

edit: and with the exception of my last forum topic.
"Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories." - Arthur C. Clarke

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right." - Isaac Asimov

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:39 am

Shorter hair does fit her personality a LOT better too. But I guess they could've made it longer to increase the symbolism that her and Rei are opposites.
Or that too many girls in Eva have shorter hair. (i.e. Rei, Ritsuko, Maya, Yui). Even though that in that picture, it still is a lot longer than all of theirs.
- Sachi

RandomStuff
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby RandomStuff » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:41 am

This is from Der Mond, Sadamoto's Eva sketchbook thing [ok you probably knew what Der Mond is..]
Irrelevance is the key to success! Losbacas.com
It's like pulling teeth from the corpses of the defiled!-Jake
Wayne's cancer-curing hair cures cancer!
The golden magic 8-ball says you must die...

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:10 am

I got Der Mond about a week ago. There's quite a few concept sketches of the other characters, but Asuka is definately the only concept that I might have kept in the series.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:52 am

i say she looks too much like a nice gal, too passive. and her plug suit looks like it came from an exercise video...or maybe that's just me. the angry Asuka doesn't look exaggerated enough. glad it stayed in the sketches....
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

AsukaChan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaChan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:41 am

Harharhar. Yus. I laughed about all those Proto-everyones in the Der Mond book.

I like her long hair better, personally. It suits the idea that she's very body conscious and trying to look grown up and attractive, and most girls usually grow out their hair when they feel that way.

But at the same time I appreciate short hair!Asuka, because that's how my hair looks when I do it up like that (which is most of the time, or else I look like Misa-Misa if I put the ponytails too far to the side. XD).
Asuka, just as hot as that Langley Soryu chick.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:09 am

Note the Hikari freckles and the fact that there were no Hikari sketches in Der Mond.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:11 am

I always prefered the concept plugsuits, they remind me of the classic space suit designs from Gundam.

There are a few others of Ritsuko, Gendo, and Misato - but hell if I can find them at the moment. The weird thing I remember about Misato's concept Nerv uniform was it's Sachiel shoulder pads.

RandomStuff
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby RandomStuff » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:49 pm

The proto-Kensuke drawings make it look like was going to act/look in the same vein as Toji. Or like he lost his glasses and was squinting really bad.
Irrelevance is the key to success! Losbacas.com
It's like pulling teeth from the corpses of the defiled!-Jake
Wayne's cancer-curing hair cures cancer!
The golden magic 8-ball says you must die...

AsukaChan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaChan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:30 pm

Big book + tiny scanner = things get cut off. x_x
Asuka, just as hot as that Langley Soryu chick.

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:11 pm

My thoughts:

-Short-haired Asuka is nice-looking. I almost like it better than final Asuka, but I suppose the long hair does fit. Short-haired Asuka is cuter though.

-Misato, same as always. Although I would have liked that battle shot to have been used in the final.

-Shinji: Ugh. I'm so glad he fixed Shinji-kun before the release. He looks like he was planned to be 16-ish in those pictures. It looks like a different person, especially in the Kaji-pose picture. I can't stand that expression. Shinji+Kaji=fail.

-Rei/Yui Ichijo: Is dat sum man-Rei in the top of the drawing? When I saw that sketch, (bandaged Yui with red background) I thought Man-Rei. She's also practically a different person. She looks far more girly, except the Man-Rei one.

-Ritsuko: Meh. Unpolished, and ugly. Looks a bit more sinister though, IMO.

-Misato again: Same as always.

-Gendou: Manic Gendou is MANIC! I so wish that Gendou had done that pose in the series. It's awesome. I just might have to appropriate that for my fanfic; that pose fits him so well. Looks like the old Gendou was going to show a lot more emotion than the final product.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE -My fanfic. COMPLETE, HAHA! 2/25/08.
2.0: YOU ARE (NOT) WORTHLESS: Updated (!!) 7/14/08
Nigecha dame da...
"Kaworu is not a character. Kaworu is a plot device. Kaworu sucks." -Reichu

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:00 pm

gendo gets pissed off and UNLEASHES TEH YUI! :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha:

Rei: the Rei with the dark hair doesn't really fit her.

kensuke: no. that's it, where did his glasses go?

Shinji: he looks like someone from a high school drama now...and he doesn't grin like that, unless hes embarrassed!

Misato: they made her butt and boobs bigger in the anime...but besides that she's still cool!

military-misato: why couldn't we see that?

ritsuko: nothing really different, she looks more american tho
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:18 pm

It had to be done -

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:Misato: they made her butt and boobs bigger in the anime...

Rebuild spoiler wrote:And they made them even bigger than that in the new movies.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:33 pm

lol Proto-Gendo is a hick

That Misato with gun should've found its way in the series. Maybe they could've changed one of the angel battle episodes with some looney terrorists assaulting NERV.

Which would've been damn cool

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Thanks a ton, Zugz!

Proto-Shinji looks horrible, especially with that idiot smile on his face. Ugh!!! Proto-Gendo is no less disgusting.
:pukeduo:

But...horrible yellow coat aside, that frontal view of Proto-Ritsuko is just like Kaworu!

Alarm alarm alarm loony fan theory on the rise! Seal all bulkheads immediately! Damage and fire control teams to your stations!
:siren:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”