The Live Action Evangelion Movie

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Dr. Nick wrote:A wild guess... Eva 03 infected by Bardiel? :???:

Cripes... Just look at those overlong, spindly arms. Niko-san, you might just be right. :scared:

I suppose instead of infecting the tissue of other organisms, Bardiel proceeds to convert them into Ents, instead. (Or, uh, recruit them into Sauron's dark forces. Image) I think I'm going to go for a little walk...

Stupidly enough, though, I think I like that better than any of the other Eva drawings they're released so far.

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2004, 18:47 GMT

GandalfsWhisper [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GandalfsWhisper [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:02 pm

thx3876 wrote:trivialbeing.net has a scan from the latest Japanese issue of Newtype of a very confusing design painting.

WTF?

It looks like the offspring of an Evangelion and a thorn bush.

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2004, 21:24 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Reichu wrote:I'm not sure what that has to do with WETA's butt-ugly Evas, but, ja, the Shelob encounter occurred towards the end of book 2. (And speaking of Shelob... :droolImage

Yes, the Shelob incident occurs in The Two Towers (book 4) which unforunately takes away the awsome ending of Movie 2, which would be, having Frodo die (of course to be found out alive in the 3rd) but my brother pointed out to me last night that they actually did it correctly. Since they weren't doing it in split movie formatt (where you go through what is happening with Middle Earth in one book, and then follow what was occuring while that was happening, only with Frodo & co. So I'm pretty sure that the way they interchanged the scenes from one group to the other would have actually thrown the Shelob encounter into a similar spot as it was in the movie. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty confident that was actually a correct move.

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2004, 21:31 GMT

Kagerou [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kagerou [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Wow, its sure hard not to bring up LoTRs in this thread...

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2004, 22:32 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm

That "WTF" thing looks more like an Eva crossed with a peice of dirt than anything.... that's what it looks like to me.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 01:24 GMT

Crazy Penguin [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Penguin [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm

thx3876 wrote:*imagines Halle Berry as Misato* :scared:

Ugh. Do NOT even go there. She is the most overrated person to ever hit Hollywood.

Has anyone noticed that, y'know, she can't friggin act? I'm so glad her scenes were kept to a minimum in the X-Men movies.

But yeah, she's hot...but isn't virtually everyone in Hollywood? In that respect there's lots of actresses I find to be considerably better looking than her, particuarly a certain Ms. Hannigan. Image

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 01:26 GMT

Kagerou [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kagerou [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm

It's a scarecrow, Naked. A scarecrow....

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 01:40 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm

No, no. Its what happens when a dust mite is crossed with an Eva.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 01:44 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Evangelion must be the greatest series in the univere, we're arguing about what creature or object that Evangelion was crossed with... Image What a wonderful age we live in, wonderful indeed!

Let's just agree that whatever it was crossed with, it was found lying on the ground.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 01:48 GMT

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm

thx3876 wrote:I agree with Kagerou. There's no telling how this thing is gonna (and it will) turn out.

I for one hate the Final Fantasy video games, but I love the movie.

My fear is that the EVA movie will turn out like the infamous American version of Godzilla: they'll buy the rights to the name, and then disrespect the original's fans and creators by making up their own story that has nothing to do with the original. (That is if it gets done at all. I still have my doubts.)

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 01:52 GMT

thx3876 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thx3876 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:04 pm

If we're lucky, it's preleminary art from the Eva vs Predator movie.

I can't wait for that one.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 02:38 GMT

Galvatron [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Galvatron [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:05 pm

As many (if not all) of you know a live action Evangelion is in the works. Even though the film's end result will most probably stink like a carton of milk that has been left behind the fridge for a week,
Weta workshops the company doing the concept art has released some of it work. head toCGNetworks the art dose not look all that bad. But then again it is just concept art.

However it appears that the original name of the anime cast are being changed.

Rai Ayanami = Ray
Asuka Langley = Kate Rose
Misato Katsuragi = Susan Whitnall.

No mention of Shinji though

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 14:31 GMT

Gundam_Warrior1 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gundam_Warrior1 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:06 pm

The buildings look fine but the EVA's and characters look bleh.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 14:48 GMT

Hathaway Noa [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hathaway Noa [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:06 pm

I sorta like the realistic approach

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 14:58 GMT

Lynx [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lynx [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:06 pm

I like the look of the conceptual art although I can't say that I'm wild over the name changes. So far I'm 50/50 on the whole thing. I'm not overly excited they're making a live action version of Eva but then again I am intrigued on how it'll come out.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 15:05 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:06 pm

Crazy Penguin wrote:In that respect there's lots of actresses I find to be considerably better looking than her, particuarly a certain Ms. Hannigan. Image

Ah, excellent choice, sir. @,@ @,@ @,@

...Wait, does this mean I have a rival now? Image That does it! When shall we duel?

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 17:20 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:07 pm

Hathaway Noa wrote:I sorta like the realistic approach

Personally, I don't see how the approach is at all more realistic than Evangelion was, save for possibly a bit more detail. No 14 year old kids are 30 years old, and just because the EVA hanger looks like a typical Sci-Fi thing doesn't mean it's accurate, I don't think we'll be seeing those in 2016. Unless you're reffering to different drawings, I definetly haven't seen all of the concept art released.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 23:36 GMT

saiyajin prince [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby saiyajin prince [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Crazy Penguin wrote:Because they were fantasy-type names and the fantasy setting was kept in the movies. In Evangelion the characters had Japanese names and were in a Japanese setting. In the movie they're going to be in an American/Pseudo-American setting and the cast will be a bunch of white guys.

Why would an American white guy be named Shinji Ikari? They wouldn't. Bitch about the root of the name problem instead.

I can't find much anger inside myself, I think I've been desensitised by things like the upcoming Catwoman movie.

Then why the hell don't they stay true to the setting and characters.....it wouldn't hurt, I think Americans is smart enough to figure out that Japanese people has Japanese names and usually lives in Japan. This way, it will make the eva fans happy and the ones who don't know anything about eva wouldn't careless

Originally posted on: 22-Jan-2004, 00:50 GMT

thx3876 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby thx3876 [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:09 pm

I just got through watching the interview with Richard taylor and Ben Wooten on the new Director's cut DVD and I have to say they seemed quite clueless. Richard Taylor mispronounced "Evangelion" and even "Gundam." But if it's any consolation, George Lucas mispronounces everything from his own movies also.

btw, If Pen-Pen is not in the movie I'll burn myself alive on Matt Greenfield's front lawn.

jk Image

Originally posted on: 22-Jan-2004, 01:38 GMT

Caine [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Caine [ANF] » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:10 pm

thx3876 wrote:I just got through watching the interview with Richard taylor and Ben Wooten on the new Director's cut DVD and I have to say they seemed quite clueless. Richard Taylor mispronounced "Evangelion" and even "Gundam." But if it's any consolation, George Lucas mispronounces everything from his own movies also.

btw, If Pen-Pen is not in the movie I'll burn myself alive on Matt Greenfield's front lawn.

jk Image

If Pen^2 isn't in the movie, and if the movie happens, I will personally rip out the heart of the responsible party. Or burn them alive.

Originally posted on: 22-Jan-2004, 01:41 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”