What is the best way to watch all the Eva episodes?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:49 pm

Yes Surround Sound.

I know what you mean. Expecally when your an older brother of 3 other lil monsters! No time for yourself thats why I use the night to accomplish my Eva needs.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:57 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:Yes Surround Sound.

I know what you mean. Expecally when your an older brother of 3 other lil monsters! No time for yourself thats why I use the night to accomplish my Eva needs.

try five little monsters that will interupt you no matter when you watch eva. then an overprotective mom that won't let you stay up past 10pm
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:23 am

ChronoX wrote:
Dark FireStar wrote:Yes Surround Sound.

try five little monsters that will interupt you no matter when you watch eva. then an overprotective mom that won't let you stay up past 10pm

Dude are you like my mortal twin or somthing cause my mom is a OP freak also!? :shock:
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:25 am

how about a brother that needs to take pills to keep him calm. i got one of those. a mother that dosen't want me on this forum or GameSekai for that matter.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:36 pm

Head phones for my computer and a dvd drive also work if a good speaker system is beyond your means. Works well for me.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:36 pm

i probably should have done that the first time i watched them but didn't think i would need to

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:15 am

ChronoX wrote:how about a brother that needs to take pills to keep him calm. i got one of those. a mother that dosen't want me on this forum or GameSekai for that matter.

:shock: Dude!

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:15 pm

dude about which one, my bro or my mom

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:14 pm

My bro also takes calm pills and my mom hates that i found this site.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:27 pm

this is starting to scare me.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:42 pm

Yeah I guess lol I all ways thought there was a loser me somewhere lol j/k

sousuke
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sousuke » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:29 pm

You have a brother just like me that is freaky. Just watch them with a big screen TV.
Why must we all live if we're gona die

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:33 am

MAGI wrote:I'd say, have a free day. Wake up at about 9:30, and watch the entire series in one day. Be sure to have lots of coffee/red bull beforehand, and refill every three hours. No food is not permited, however. You must be sure to be awake and alert whilst watching. Try to take as much in, character-wise. Once you have understood the characters like you understand yourself, have a three day rest period.
Then, come back and rewatch an episode a day, as many times as needed to understand as much of the plot as possible until you have done so for all 26 episodes.
Then, have a day off, and watch Death True^2.
Rewatch your favourite episodes (a maximum of five) and then watch End of Evangelion immediately afterwards. The next day, watch it again.

The theory behind this?
Coffee/red bull has much caffine, and it helps you stay alert as you watch the episodes. The energy will help you get excited when the characters do, get mood swings when the Children do, and get beserk when Shinji does. The reason why you can't eat is because it distracts you, both consciously and subconsciously. You can be having a really nice chocolate ice-cream whilst watching Shinji scream his balls off at Toji, and so might accidentally form an association for pleasure to Shinji having a bad day, thus subtly ruining the whole thing. Understand the characters, first, because they are what really matter, in the end. The Affective Phase
When you get to the end, you watch those episodes again but not in bulk. Your brain, now, needs to gather as much information out of those episodes as possible, so it needs time. When you get to the last two episodes, you may be able to interpret better what they are talking about, and what it means for them. The Cognitive Phase
Now, when you are at Death True^2, you can see what Anno wants to emphasise most from the episodes you've watched, plus some extra stuff. Therefore, this only needs one viewing. Post-cognitive/Interlude
Now, you can choose which episodes you want to watch, again. These would be the episodes that made the most impact on you. You see and understand how the story move the characters, and how the characters move the story at its most important parts. By now, the emotional attatchment should be made, and you can understand what is important. Judgement
And, you watch them all end in End of Evangelion. Sentence

It would have all come to you, hopefully. Thus, Enlightenment.
And you watch it one last time, to get what information you missed, thus, Complimentation.

That, hopefully, should be what you need for the Eva experience. 8)

I sorta agree with this , but MAGI a lot of red bull is not to go for u .
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:18 am

I say just marathon the damn thing with a decent sound sysytem turned up to approipriate levels. The first time I saw all the way through though it was on a PS2 strapped to a 12 inch screen
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”