Extra Curricular Lesson with Hideaki Anno

A forum for discussion of other Gainax works, people belonging or related to Gainax and the non-Eva projects they've worked on, media that reference or have distinct parallels to Eva, etc.

Moderator: Board Staff

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:23 pm

Alright.

Has this ever, ever finished?
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:34 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Alright.

Has this ever, ever finished?
No. It was abandoned like my younger brother with that strange horn.

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel
User avatar
Posts: 222
Joined: Sep 10, 2007
Location: Between the ticks of the
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:45 pm

NAveryW wrote:
Trigger's Elysium wrote:Alright.

Has this ever, ever finished?
No. It was abandoned like my younger brother with that strange horn.


You said you were just going out for milk!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 46
Posts: 11811
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:18 pm

TOPIC

It's not lost, I still have the VOB rip as well as all the encodes I did, I think there's even an mkv that I can just add an SRT stream to. Waiting for either EM's SRT translation which is better than the VOB ones, or an OK from him to release what I have.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:20 pm

Ornette wrote: Waiting for either EM's SRT translation which is better than the VOB ones, or an OK from him to release what I have.
For how long, now?

XX
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Mar 26, 2007
Contact:

More talks...

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby XX » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:45 am

Please Listen to me, Mr.Anno! wrote:Anno Hideaki is working on the preparations for his new anime series, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijoo. As this will be a high-school love comedy, Anno is personally doing research into what high-school kids are like these days.

[...]Now you can enjoy conversations between present-day Japanese high-schoolers, and Anno Hideaki, who was a high-schooler twenty years ago.

[url]http://web.archive.org/web/20050207005650/http://www.gainax.co.jp/special/kiiteyo/index-e.html[/url]

· Was this already posted on the forum?
Last edited by XX on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22972
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:06 pm

@ X-X: I'm half-certain that that article is exactly the video we're talking about here.

Off-topic response because other thread is locked:
In another thread, I wrote:Amusing aside: Apparently, Miyamura did porn back in the day. And no, Anno didn't want to jump her bones and make mini Shinji-Asukas with her.


LURK MOAR for the people who don't believe that. They're facts that Shin-Seiki or Tines pointed out on one of the older threads. The rumor that Anno liked Miyamura was disproven by our very own Carl Horn, and apparently because Yuko did porn for a short time when she was just started voice-acting, that came back to haunt her with angry parents/etc when Evangelion became all famous. /Off-topicness
~Take care of yourself, I need you~
Ao3 (multi-fandom fanfics)

Apathetic Piggy
Sachiel
User avatar
Posts: 222
Joined: Sep 10, 2007
Location: Between the ticks of the
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Apathetic Piggy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:@ X-X: I'm half-certain that that article is exactly the video we're talking about here.

Off-topic response because other thread is locked:
In another thread, I wrote:Amusing aside: Apparently, Miyamura did porn back in the day. And no, Anno didn't want to jump her bones and make mini Shinji-Asukas with her.


LURK MOAR for the people who don't believe that. They're facts that Shin-Seiki or Tines pointed out on one of the older threads. The rumor that Anno liked Miyamura was disproven by our very own Carl Horn, and apparently because Yuko did porn for a short time when she was just started voice-acting, that came back to haunt her with angry parents/etc when Evangelion became all famous. /Off-topicness


Sometimes people can be so stupid... "Oh dear God no, the voice actress once did pornography!"

... You don't see her, you hear what's been written for her by someone that hasn't (for all you know) done porn, and she has little control over what's going on in the series, if any. That's like not watching a movie because the poster for it wasn't made with recycled paper; stupid.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God
User avatar
Posts: 5751
Joined: Feb 03, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Stardust-chan wrote:Off-topic response because other thread is locked:
In another thread, Stardust-chan wrote:<snip> And no, Anno didn't want to jump her bones and make mini Shinji-Asukas with her.


LURK MOAR for the people who don't believe that. They're facts that Shin-Seiki or Tines pointed out on one of the older threads. The rumor that Anno liked Miyamura was disproven by our very own Carl Horn, and apparently because Yuko did porn for a short time when she was just started voice-acting, that came back to haunt her with angry parents/etc when Evangelion became all famous. /Off-topicness
That's not what the Kaibunsho said. :wink: /Off-topicness

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Posts: 2781
Joined: May 08, 2007
Location: Fran Sancisco

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:20 am

*walks in* oops, wrong thread! my bad guys....*everyone glares at TAO* er...continue.. *closes door*
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

XX
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Mar 26, 2007
Contact:

Returning high-schooler

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby XX » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:10 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:@ X-X: I'm half-certain that that article is exactly the video we're talking about here.


Were made in the same period of time, during pre-production of Kareshi Kanojo no Jijoo, but the TV special you were talking about its a documentary called 「課外授業ようこそ先輩」 ("Welcome Back for an Extracurricular Lesson, Sempai") from the Japan Broadcasting Corporation, NHK. In the show they visited the hometown of Hideaki Anno, 宇部市 (Ube City, in Yamaguchi Prefecture) to talk to Elementary School boys and girls.

"Please Listen to me, Mr. Anno!" was a project related to the column called 「庵野監督きいてよ!」 ("Hear What Anno Hideaki Has to Say!") from the newspaper 庵野秀明 (Mainichi Middle-Schooler's News). In the articles you can see conversations between Hideaki Anno and students in different High Schools of Japan.

· 「課外授業ようこそ先輩」 - NHK Official WebSite
[url]http://www.nhk.or.jp/kagaijugyou/[/url]

· "Please Listen to me, Mr. Anno!" - English GAINAX Network Systems (Internet Archive)
[url]http://web.archive.org/web/20050207005650/http://www.gainax.co.jp/special/kiiteyo/index-e.html[/url]
Last edited by XX on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22972
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:45 pm

That's not what the Kaibunsho said. ;) /Off-topicness


Yeah, I'm not referring to that.

@ XX: I see. Thanks.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~
Ao3 (multi-fandom fanfics)

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God
User avatar
Posts: 5751
Joined: Feb 03, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Stardust-chan wrote:
That's not what the Kaibunsho said. ;) /Off-topicness


Yeah, I'm not referring to that.
yeah, I know :mrgreen:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NAveryW » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:16 pm

WHAT'S THE STATUS OF THE TARGET?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma
User avatar
Posts: 6301
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Attending Physician - AKA: Hell
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:09 pm

I'll just tell Ornette to release the video. He's my evil henchman, he must do my bidding.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God
User avatar
Posts: 5751
Joined: Feb 03, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:58 pm

somebody PM Ornette or EM, QUICK, NOW!!!
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 46
Posts: 11811
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:31 pm

I sent EvaMonkey a PM, since I'm guessing that a better translation isn't going to be happening anytime soon. I'll make a torrent of it if he never gets back to me.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God
User avatar
Posts: 5751
Joined: Feb 03, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:37 pm

you'd better get started on that torrent then :dog_laugh:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 46
Posts: 11811
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ornette » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:34 pm

I ripped the VOB subs into an SRT because some players were having issues with the VOBsubs. So I went through and retimed all the SRT subs, fixed some of the engrish and grammar and language, and then sent it and the video to my friend in Japan to recheck the translation. After I get it back, I'll redo the subs so that they aren't the huge walls of text (5 lines of text filling the screen) like they were on the DVD.

Then we'll see.

System Shocker
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 139
Joined: Jan 09, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby System Shocker » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:06 pm

I have this webpage bookmarked so that I can see when you upload the video.


Return to “Related Works & People”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests