Dummy Plug Plant glyph ID

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Zuggy
Banned

Dummy Plug Plant glyph ID

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:37 pm

--
Last edited by Zuggy on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Zuggy, this is why I love you. :tentacles:
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:21 pm

Impressive! Kudos on the find.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

AsukaChan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaChan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:11 am

Awesome! I've been dying to know what that glyph was since I first saw it!

Googling is my specialty. ^_^

EDIT: Here's some stuff I dug up before I head to bed...

Taken from sudhanshu.com:

The Indian Vedic astrology (stellar or K P System ) is based on NAKSHATRA JYOTISH (Stellar or constellation).

The K P System is based on Nakshatra (Constellation or star) lord and their sub divisions, called sub lord. Prof. Krishnamurti Discovered the method of Horary Astrology and Natal astrology, which provide clear, concise, accurate and correct predictions. This method is logical and gives a complete scientific approach to astrology.

All the other Predictive Astrology systems give importance to The RASHI (SIGN)- the 1/12th part of The Zodiac- 30 degree each. No other system goes further Deeply in zodiac, after the Rashi or sign.

Nakshatra (Star or Constellation) is further division of The Zodiac, the 1/27th Part = 13 degree 20' each. This division is based on the average daily motion of the Moon. These Nakshatra are zone or group of stars or a major star, which are at a great distance from our Solar system. Each Nakshatra or star is ruled by a planet, called in this system 'Star Lord". Prof. Krishnamurti found that two or more planets in the same RASHI (SIGN) and same BHAV (HOUSE) in a horoscope give different results.

WHY?

K.P. found signification of planet in the horoscope depend on the Nakshatra or star in which it is posited. Again K.P. researched that two or three planet in the same sign and same Nakshatra (star) give the opposite results in the same matter, i.e. one planet Gives sound health, other gives illness. One gives marriage, other gives Divorce.

"SUB LORD and Ruling Planet Theory"

Prof.Krishnamurti conclude that the Nakshatra in which any planet is posited gives only the signification of "HOUSE" (Health, Wealth, Love, Marriage etc.) But the ultimate result, positive or negative, benefic or malefic helpful or harmful is decide by the "SUB" in which that planet is posited. Next he research on role of Ruling Planets in selection of fruitful planets to materialize any specific event i.e. marriage, birth of child, travel, job, business, promotion, recovery of health, and day to day minor matters etc.
With his theory pinpoint timing of event become easier, to find out significators of effective houses, to select fruitful significators, with the help of sub lord and ruling planet, to see when Vimshottari mahadasha, antar dasha ( bhukti ), pratyantar dasha and sookshm dasha will operate, and transit of those planets, at that time. No need of remember unuseful traditional astrology's more than 1000 rules, Yoga, and confusing theories.

The Hona'ble Guru ji's research on Nakshatra and their Sub-div. Propounded the K.P. System as the most accurate astrological prediction system in the world.

..I tried. It's all very confusing.

Hope it helped a little. (: Maybe?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:43 am

As confusing as it is, politicians and celebs in India are particularly susceptible to Vedic Astrology. Mitterand would find himself in good company.

Those transcriptions on that site are horrendously inconsistent, or follow some stupid numerology. "Antara", "Pratyantara" and "Sookshma" have all been spelt without their final "a"s, a big blunder if it's supposed to be transliterated from Sanskrit and not from Hindi. The ones with the "a" ending all end with a short "a"-which is dropped in Hindi but always pronounced in Sanskrit.

(OT: This should be your first taste of proper Indian English...enjoy the wierdness!)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:16 am

--
Last edited by Zuggy on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:12 pm

--
Last edited by Zuggy on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:48 pm

Well, since it's moon-related, it makes sense to use it, what with Rei being in the center and all.

Is there a list of all of the mythologies/religions that NGE takes elements from?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:10 pm

NAveryW wrote:<snip>

Is there a list of all of the mythologies/religions that NGE takes elements from?
start around here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_%28TV_series%29#Inspiration_and_symbolism
http://evageeks.org/FGP/Encyclopedia:Main
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:11 am

NAveryW wrote:Well, since it's moon-related,

That was just a guess.

NAveryW wrote:Is there a list of all of the mythologies/religions that NGE takes elements from?

All that will be listed here eventually: http://evageeks.org/FGP/Category:Religious_References

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:03 pm

Zuggy, I'm almost inspired to come up with a rhyme for you... Lessee:

"Zuggy, Zuggy, he's our man, if he just did it, I'm sure no one else can!"

Errr, ok, so my rhythm's off. :redface:
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Eva Yojimbo,
sitting near a window,
when he noticed the street covered in ice,
he was suddenly frozen,
leaving his hand open,
and HAL said: "I see your cards, and so I'll raise you twice!" :money:

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:29 am

--
Last edited by Zuggy on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:04 am

AyanamiOtaku: Please use photobucket or imageshack to display these images instead of hotlinking them. ~SSD

lopans don't have lines running through them...at least the ones that I know. but this one has to do w/ the zodiac...

http://www.chiofearth.com/images/lopan.gif

and this one uses the same five elements in feng shui...

http://www.podcollective.com/delvin/podularity/lopan1L_copy.gif

unfortunately i don't know anything about how to use a lopan compass...so apologize for lack of further explaining...
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:36 am

--
Last edited by Zuggy on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RandomStuff
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby RandomStuff » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:04 pm

I knew Gendo was working Folken!
Irrelevance is the key to success! Losbacas.com
It's like pulling teeth from the corpses of the defiled!-Jake
Wayne's cancer-curing hair cures cancer!
The golden magic 8-ball says you must die...

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:22 pm

RandomStuff wrote:I knew Gendo was working Folken!

(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

RandomStuff
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby RandomStuff » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Oops, ,missed a word...
Let's put it the safest way possible then, Nerv was working for Zaibach!
Irrelevance is the key to success! Losbacas.com
It's like pulling teeth from the corpses of the defiled!-Jake
Wayne's cancer-curing hair cures cancer!
The golden magic 8-ball says you must die...

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”