What were your most serious/painful/abnormal injuries?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:32 am

Sounds believable enough. Fingers and toes bleed more vigorously than any part of your body, except maybe your scrotum but I can't vouch for that.

Doesn't really count, but I could have been killed today. I was at a plaza in Stockholm looking at records when people started whispering about gas, and then the cops and firetrucks showed up and started taping us in. "Aw great" I thought, "Anthrax quarantine for sure". Turns out it wasn't nearly as dramatic, they just wanted us out of there.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:37 am

Sachiel_13 wrote:You won't die of TT, you'll just never get laid. :scared:

Actually, you can die from it, or at least the subsequent necrosis and infection.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

majlund
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby majlund » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Kaysow wrote:Doesn't really count, but I could have been killed today. I was at a plaza in Stockholm looking at records when people started whispering about gas, and then the cops and firetrucks showed up and started taping us in. "Aw great" I thought, "Anthrax quarantine for sure". Turns out it wasn't nearly as dramatic, they just wanted us out of there.

Gas leak?! Are you sure the government isn't trying to keep you contained. It looks like an awfully focused effort - I'm sure the rumours of a gas leak is just cover-up and misinformation.

Ah! Gotta run black helicopters and MiBs in vans are approaching ^_^
Si vis Pacem para Bellum

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:46 pm

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:Oh by the way, how did TT feel like? Was the pain suddenly rising, and then going back again?
<snip>
actually, no

I started to feel just a little pain in THAT AREA one morning, and by nightfall I was in such massive pain DOWN THERE I was unable to stand up and I was in tears
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:37 pm

majlund wrote:Gas leak?! Are you sure the government isn't trying to keep you contained. It looks like an awfully focused effort - I'm sure the rumours of a gas leak is just cover-up and misinformation.

Great, now you've got me wondering...

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:12 am

Reichu (split post) wrote:I've never had any injuries to speak of.

You have an illness. And you've been engulfed by that illness for quite some time...
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:38 am

Reichu wrote:I've never had any injuries to speak of.

HIGHLANDER!!!
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!! (chops off your head). :kawaii:

Reichu has lived a very sheltered life.... :wink:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:08 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:You have an illness. And you've been engulfed by that illness for quite some time...

If it's genetic, it doesn't count as an injury exactly.

Sachiel_13 wrote:Reichu has lived a very sheltered life....

As evidenced by the fact that I haven't seen any Highlander in my escalating number of years.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:43 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:You have an illness. And you've been engulfed by that illness for quite some time...

(Holds up a mirror with an Australian Air Force insignia in the corner.)

I've accumulated quite a few injuries over the years, including a sprain or two, but none of them hurt quite as much as simply getting kicked in the steering gear by my sister.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:39 am

When I was 6 I got pushed to a wall and stuck the corner of my glasses up my left eyebrow. It still left a cute swordsman like scar.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:07 pm

The other night, I was at the local bar, right?

I took a seat next to a fellow with particularly long hair, and without realizing it, I accidentally sat on part of it (his hair). Naturally, I felt really bad, and I wanted to make it up to him. I wasn't quite sure how though, and without really thinking, I jokingly suggested that he hit me in the face. Before I knew it, I was lying on the ground in a world of hurt.

The jerk had actually hit me! Me, a frail, yet surprisingly hot (bangable) young lady. Have I ever told you guys I'm a girl? It's true.

As I laid there, in a puddle of discomfort, I wondered what I had done to deserve this. Had this man no heart? Were his parents mean to him? But at last the answer came to me.

I was a girl, of course I deserved to be hit!

FIN
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Lol, I think I remember seeing something like this a few nights ago. Didn't afterwords the guy with long hair offer the chick a place to stay on his couch.

Lol, Ornette did you anything to do with this? :wink:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:12 pm

@ TriLink

you're joking, right?
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:25 pm

" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:54 pm

Awwww. Puir wee guinea pig.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:02 am

TOPIC
>>Nothing<<

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:10 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:TOPIC

*Coughs pointedly*

Well, we're a tad out of steam, unless someone else has a horrible injury we don't know of. (No, I ain't locking this)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:20 am

My sister also suffered another horrific injury. Two, in fact.

1. She shattered the joint in her left arm when she was 6 years old, while jumping up and down on her top bunk bed. Yes, you heard right, bunk bed. She fell, and hit the grazing carpet, arm first. She had one lengthy surgery to try and "glue" the pieces back together. I remember the doctors, saying, that there were a lot of pieces shattered into tiny bits, and will take my sister a lot of courage and strength and exercise to replace her strength she lost during the ordeal. She sat in hospital, for 5 days before surgeons allowed her to go home. Even while at home, she complained of immense pain, due to the trauma her body just endured. It took a full 3 months to recharge. When they took several X-Rays, they noticed that the body was repairing the damage extremely slowly; having to rebuild the extremely shattered joint. It was horrible, at night, it was hard to go to sleep, and you could hear the screams and cries of agony and pain.

2. She got drunk. It was the first time she ever got drunk. And, boy, was it trouble. Whole she was drunk going back home at almost midnight, she accidentally tripped, and...her face...slammed into the concrete ground. She had minor injuries to speak of, and only had a slight graze to her face. However, she suffered a lot due to her drunkenness. She was acting just how everybody else would.
>>Nothing<<

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:55 am

I don't have a knuckle on my right pinky. My big sister pissed me off and I punched a chair in anger, not quite breaking the bone but it got all misshapen and still is.

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:53 am

I have a prominent lump on the bridge of my nose, where my brother once hit me with a bottle.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”