The embryo's label

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

The embryo's label

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:50 pm

I don't know if anyone else has thought about this much. When I was checking out the wiki, I took another look at the picture of embryo-Adam.

Check out the text, I first noticed this in the wiki too:

Whoisyou Heis Living Why?

Overanalysis, I know. But something tells me this text is significant. My first impression was that 'whoisyou' applied to Gendo, while 'heis living why?' referred to Adam still being alive, as Kaji said. However, Adam is generally agreed as being female. And who is the 'who' in 'whoisyou'?

Thoughts? There's something bigger here, if you ask me...
"you ever had tempura ice cream
SHIT IS KAWAII UGUU AS FUCK, SON
AS FUCK" -damage

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Wow, great find!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:Wow, great find!

Actually, I wasn't the one who found the words. I got that from the wiki. :D

Still think it's rather intriguing, though.
"you ever had tempura ice cream
SHIT IS KAWAII UGUU AS FUCK, SON
AS FUCK" -damage

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Actually, it looks more like "Whoissyoui".
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:10 pm

"Whoisyour" is also possible, now that you mentioned it.
"Whoisyour Heisliving Why?" If the "Your" is for "Your vessel", then it might be asking "Why is Kaworu living?"

I can't make any further sense of it, and I've got no idea why that was included.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:28 pm

@ Anti-Goth

[Darth Vader voice]The fanwankery is STRONG with this one![/Darth Vader voice]
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:05 pm

The "He is living why?" actually may be something. Whoever wrote it was probably wondering why Adam was still alive. Then again, the soul wasn't actually in that body, was it? Still, it's there and it's Engrishy enough to be open to interpretation.

Though this is different in that we can actually read it, this kind of reminds me of L IS REAL 2401.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:11 pm

Why does everyone overlook the label of "sample" on it? If that's only a sample... where's the rest?
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:14 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:Why does everyone overlook the label of "sample" on it? If that's only a sample... where's the rest?

I noticed that too, but I thought it was so obvious that I assumed other people would've already discussed it.
Perhaps the rest is with Kaworu?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

V
Banned

Re: The embryo's label

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:37 pm

Anti-Goth wrote:I don't know if anyone else has thought about this much. When I was checking out the wiki, I took another look at the picture of embryo-Adam.

Reading the Evapedia, eh? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* : Consider joining up? :)
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:46 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:Perhaps the rest is with Kaworu?
Adam's soul is with Kaworu.. it's debatable where the rest of him came from. This was obviously meant to mislead us into thinking the "white giant" is the rest, which of course it isn't. So again, it makes me wonder where they got that sample from.
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:03 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:So again, it makes me wonder where they got that sample from.

The South Poll?
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:22 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:The South Poll?
Logically, but that's not quite what I'm talking about. The label of sample seems confusing as it implies there's a rest somewhere, so why is that all we ever see of it? I often thought this might explain the Kaworu confusion if, even though he knew about the embryo being in Gendo, he might have thought the "rest" of the sample was in TD.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:25 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:even though he knew about the embryo being in Gendo

He did?
- Sachi

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:31 am

Sachiel_13 wrote:He did?
Well, to be specific they tell him that his resurrected body exists within Gendo.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:35 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:
Sachiel_13 wrote:He did?
Well, to be specific they tell him that his resurrected body exists within Gendo.

Is that only in Rebuild? Well, I haven't watched my Directors Cut of Ep 24 in a while, was it there?
- Sachi

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:47 am

DC of ep. 24', yes.

Skullraper
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Skullraper » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:37 am

Heis Living Why? To me, it reads like; “how are you alive?” It could be referring to the fact that the sample is a living organism despite the absence of it’s soul. The question could be asking; “how are you alive without a soul?” The same could be asked of Lilith. I have a theory but would rather not elaborate at the moment.

Heis Living reads like a response to Whoisyou. It’s probably meant to be general.

Sample is defined as a piece or limited quantity of material, usually from a larger amount, taken or provided for testing, analysis, inspection, demonstration, or trial use. The embryo is referred to as a sample because it is literally a sample of Adam used for the construction of the evas. I don’t believe there’s anything elaborate about the label.
"Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories." - Arthur C. Clarke

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right." - Isaac Asimov

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:31 am

The usual transcription is

"Who is a man? he is crying. why?"
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:53 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:The label of sample seems confusing as it implies there's a rest somewhere, so why is that all we ever see of it?

Because various flesh chunks have no plot relavence.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”