Rebuild 1:0 "You are (not) alone" Reviews/Spoilers

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
V
Banned

Postby V » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:36 pm

Rei's boobs are drastically, unrealistically bigger in Rebuild; I mean before she had this slight frame (polite term for "she's got mosquito bites") but in the first scene we see Rei in she's got like Asuka-scale boobs.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:08 pm

V wrote:Rei's boobs are drastically, unrealistically bigger in Rebuild; I mean before she had this slight frame (polite term for "she's got mosquito bites") but in the first scene we see Rei in she's got like Asuka-scale boobs.

Actually, in the Groundwork of Evangelion: Move 2 art book, Rei did have bigger breasts than Asuka. Just compare them in the links below.

Rei: http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/animebooks-com_1983_136612492

Asuka: http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/animebooks-com_1983_136179210

V
Banned

Postby V » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:54 pm

...that concept art doesn't really resemble the finished designs....
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:19 pm

V wrote:I mean before she had this slight frame (polite term for "she's got mosquito bites")
See episode 5 of NGE.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:41 pm

Being a fan of boobs and Eva that I am, I think I just have to put in this little thought.

Rei didn't get a boob job between the TV Series and now. Actually, she's always been the more....developed...of the two lady pilots. Asuka's plugsuit is more angular and less curvy. She happens to be cursed with an anime disease known as Fan Service. That is in moments of necesitated/impossible sexual situations her breasts tend to grow. Kinda like the Grinch whose heart (will call it heart) grew three sizes that day.

Always kinda made sense to me because with Rei being a partial clone of Yui the more curvy physique very subtley hints at child bearing and being a mother.

But more importantly it fits the Gainax bill.

By the way, Evangelion is truly a rarity in the GAINAX body of work for featuring so little Gainax Bounce. Bravo!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:27 pm

Just thought of something, ignore if somebody (probably NAveryW) already brought this up.

Seeing as Misato says something to Shinji when they see Lilith(?) about an "Explosion Incident" happening during 2I, I think that could be a very good clue that the LCL Sea(?) and Harpy or Adam remains(?) could very well just be from Adam and 2I (note how the Angels explode blood as they die, and Adam being the Giant Angel of Light she is.....Eww, messy) as opposed the Cyclical History idea.

Though I'm still sorta hopeful for the latter, I'm starting to have mixed feelings about it..... :? (It's like, I want it to be a sequel, but I'm afraid I'm getting my hopes up with that.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:35 pm

I'd say the main evidence we have for cyclicality is Kaworu's comment at the end that Shinji's the Third Children "again" (if that is indeed what he said).

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Just a sec...what is the committee saying to Gendo this time around? They speak about Eva-03, but what is it?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby universalperson » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:57 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:Just a sec...what is the committee saying to Gendo this time around? They speak about Eva-03, but what is it?

Oooh, they spoke about Eva-03? Did they say its nearing completion?

SOrry...overly excited.
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:59 am

~~

Member of committee: With some remarks it (berserk) will may be repeated in case of fifth Angel's attack.

Gendo: No need to worry.
After returning of EVA-01 our ranks will be expanded with EVA-02 and its pilot who now passes the latest exams in Germany.
In the further plans construction of the Unit Three.
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:16 pm

V wrote:Rei's boobs are drastically, unrealistically bigger in Rebuild; I mean before she had this slight frame (polite term for "she's got mosquito bites") but in the first scene we see Rei in she's got like Asuka-scale boobs.

Huh?

TV/1.0 comparison screenshots please.

V wrote:...that concept art doesn't really resemble the finished designs....

The 2 volumes of Groundwork of Evangelion I have don't contain concept art, they are the original sketches that the cels were later traced over. There are a few original illustrations in there, saying that (stuff you can get as posters).

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:31 pm

What Zuggy said in terms of comparison shots please. I was under the impression that Rei and Asuka's boobs were around the same size, depending on the shot. ^^;

@ CtHuLhU: Gendou said something about Nigoki and it's Pilot, huh? That mp3 quality really was crappy then.

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:01 pm

SEELE  「多少不具合でも、第5の使徒襲撃にまた役立てばよい」
ゲンドウ 「ご心配なく。初号機の実戦配備に続き、弐号機と付属パイロット、ドイツにて実証評価試験中です」
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:15 pm

In that case, it should be (loose translation, probably off here and there):

SEELE:  "It'd be somewhat inconvenient if the 5th Angel attacks to serve our purpose again."
Gendou: "Don't worry. Unit-01's deployment in fighting will continue. Unit-02 and it's pilot are being examined for evaluation in Germany."

By the way, could somebody please give the link to the transcripts of part 1 and part 2 of 01 again? ^^; Thanks.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I was under the impression that Rei and Asuka's boobs were around the same size, depending on the shot. ^^;
In the world of NGE, breast size changes depending on if their owner has just put her hands on them. This was alluded to in Magma Diver. The longer Rei's hands have been on her breasts, the larger they are. If Rei neglects to hold them for too long, they become "mosquito bites".

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Okay, I think this thread has lost all sense of purpose right around here.

If someone wants to actually post a review for 1.0, we'll need a new devoted thread.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:49 am

Unlocked briefly- I might get to posting a review of it sometime soon, now that I've seen it. But like you said, that's for another thread.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:29 am

Don't know who moved this one to the Graveyard ( :eyes Ursus: ), but it should definitely stay here, even if it is locked.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:46 am

Gomen nasai, Reichu.

Edit: Topic stickied.
Edit2: Unstickied.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”