Possible Identity of Moon Giant

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Phantom_Blitz
Embryo

Possible Identity of Moon Giant

Postby Phantom_Blitz » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:57 am

(Considering REbuild is a sequel and not a remake) Is it possible that the Moon giant is just a member of the Eva series that found itself on the moon after the implosion of its Lance of Longinous. Or could the blood of Lilith have splashed on an Eva series and removed whatever (Kaworu enitity) was inside it and placed it on the moon. (Might explain why Kaworu seems to be on the moon)

Extra questions: Why does Liliths blood color Change From LCL orange to regular human being in the movie.

In rebuild Lilith is now wearing the Sachiel mask. Should it really be called the Sachiel mask since it is the face of Adam and also part of Eva Unit 01 in the manga. Maybe its just the symbol for a higher power. (Maybe First Ancestral Race)

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Possible Identity of Moon Giant

Postby Ornette » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:07 am

Phantom_Blitz wrote:(Considering REbuild is a sequel and not a remake)

This isn't 100%. Although there are bits and pieces that make it seem like these events all happened after EoE, we won't really know until the conclusion, or if it is made REALLY obvious this is a sequel in 2.0.

Is it possible that the Moon giant is just a member of the Eva series that found itself on the moon after the implosion of its Lance of Longinous. Or could the blood of Lilith have splashed on an Eva series and removed whatever (Kaworu enitity) was inside it and placed it on the moon. (Might explain why Kaworu seems to be on the moon)

I dunno, doesn't look like an MPE and all the other ones were petrified, why would one be spared? The blood could be from the spray from GNR's neck, but who knows.

V
Banned

Postby V » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 pm

also part of Eva Unit 01 in the manga.

what?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:19 pm

Since a new Evangelion comes from the moon in the next movie, that deflated Lilith we saw in the first one could be it...
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:22 am

I think the moon giant might be one of those "lilim+" thingys.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:48 pm

Simple.

If we remember Zardoz's edict that "the gun is good, the penis is evil", we notice that a penis and a gun look remarkably similar in Freudian terms. However, nails are also phallic looking. Nails have been driven into Lillith's palms. Thus, this implies that Lillith was forced to undergo a sex change, and is now male. Note how Lillim/Lillin can be divided into equally numbered halves:

Lil|lim

Lil|lin

Thus, the Moon Giant is Lillith's twin. However, the Moon Giant has an IV. IVs are in hospitals. What happens in a hospital? Surgery. What kind of surgery did we just mention? Sex change. Therefore, the Moon Giant is Lillith's twin who is about to undergo a sex change. Also, an IV was promintnently displayed in the SFAiBL scene, so we assume that Kaworu is going to continuously fap to the sight of the Moon Giant recieving a sex change.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:36 pm

@ Chee: It's like your using South Park logic there! ("And what happens there? Butt-sex! Butt-sex? Crab People!")

Anyway I guess it's always possible that Lilith still is Lilith but will somehow regain her Mask after some Angels are killed or some...thing? Meh.

I still think it'd be interesting if that Moon Giant is Glasses Girl's physical/true self. Another SoL, yay! (Actually, no. That'd be sort of a Boo. I like just Lilith and Adam thank you very much.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Phantom_Blitz
Embryo

Postby Phantom_Blitz » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Has anyone thought that the new giant on the moon may have been sent by the FAR to clean up the mess left behind in EoE?

Also, the moon giant is wearing a remade original Lilith mask.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:39 pm

Phantom_Blitz wrote:Also, the moon giant is wearing a remade original Lilith mask.

I didn't see the Seele symbol on it though, it was purple and sewn onto the giant's face.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:25 pm

Well, maybe the moon giant is the real lilith, and the one in the geofront something else?

We don't know anything about it yet, but we might be surprised... Whatever they are, I don't think it clever and possible that there would be more than one Lilith.

I was thinking... Well, if the one on the moon is Lilith for exemple, then the one in the geofront could be the previous angel we don't know anything about? And they would use it as a cover to hide lilith on the moon or something?

It has an angel face...

Phantom_Blitz
Embryo

Postby Phantom_Blitz » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Well the following picture shows three of the seven eyes on the original Lilith mask on the moon Giant.

http://www.arahij.net/gallery/weva/img/lilith_moon.jpg

Also note that above the seven eyes are two dark spots that also look like eyes with a river of tears emanating from them.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:52 pm

Phantom_Blitz wrote:Well the following picture shows three of the seven eyes on the original Lilith mask on the moon Giant.

http://www.arahij.net/gallery/weva/img/lilith_moon.jpg

Also note that above the seven eyes are two dark spots that also look like eyes with a river of tears emanating from them.

Maybe you're right. The second time I watched it in the theatre I specifically looked out for the mask having a Seele symbol on it or not. Maybe the 2 fake "eyes" threw me off.

Skullraper
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Skullraper » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Some conjecture on the Moon giant:

Whatever it is I think we can assume from it’s condition on the Moon that it lacks a soul. I base this assumption on what we already know about Lilith. Lilith has no soul or more appropriately her soul does not dwell inside her body. We are made to assume that this is the cause of her “bloodless” and puffy appearance. The Moon giant seems to exhibit similar properties (although LCL production can’t be confirmed).

It’s already been mentioned that Eva-06 might be the Moon giant. I found it unlikely at first but something caught my eye while looking at the picture above (see link). On it’s right arm are familiar marks that have been seen on every exposed eva. They might suggest that whatever the giant is it’s body is being made into (for lack of a better term) Eva-06.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:14 pm

Skullraper wrote:Lilith has no soul or more appropriately her soul does not dwell inside her body. We are made to assume that this is the cause of her “bloodless” and puffy appearance.

Lilith looks pretty much the same in the image where Eva-01 is "sprouting" from her, which presumably depicts her before she lost her soul. This image also shows Eva-01 before, it seems, any cybernetic modifications were none, and thus she is soulless, yet there is nothing particularly strange about the part of her that is fully developed. I always assumed that Lilith just "naturally" looked weird.

I find it kind of curious that this entity just has a lump where a core should be (Lilith, for example, has nothing at all), and the lower body seems to be unformed.

On it’s right arm are familiar marks that have been seen on every exposed eva.

Yes, I noticed those, as well. I assume they're "receptacles" of some sort.

As I mentioned in another thread, Kaworu says the line, "Number Three [Third]... You haven't changed." right after he turns around and faces the giant. I wouldn't consider it entirely unlikely that this is the missing Third Angel. And circumstantial evidence suggests that it is going to be designated Eva-06, as well.

Perhaps the Third Angel was involved in mysterious past events, and Seele are regenerating it and using it in their plans.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:44 pm

How about this: The Third Angel is one of the Adams that landed on the Earth-Moon system along with the Adam we know, and Lilith? And now a full Adam is being converted into an Evangelion, with the probable vessel of the Adam we know as the pilot?

Yui-sama, you're going to have stiff competition...
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 pm

I still like the idea that the Moon Giant/Rokugoki (Unit-06) is a Seed of Life that doesn't have to do with Lilith or Adam but a third source and that Glasses Girl is connected/the vessel of said SoL's soul.

Either way, time will tell. (Just like Is Rebuild a sequel or no---OH SHI---Rebuild 1.0 is delayed yet again!)

And thanks for the translation of what Kaworu-kun said, Reichu, it seems clearer then what I came up with! ^_^;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Skullraper
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Skullraper » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:53 pm

Reichu wrote:Lilith looks pretty much the same in the image where Eva-01 is "sprouting" from her, which presumably depicts her before she lost her soul. This image also shows Eva-01 before, it seems, any cybernetic modifications were none, and thus she is soulless, yet there is nothing particularly strange about the part of her that is fully developed. I always assumed that Lilith just "naturally" looked weird.

I suppose Lilith’s soul had to be somewhere before being placed in Rei. I still think Lilith’s condition is rather odd. I figured Lilith was meant to be in a “dead”/comatose state, hence the crucifix/sacrifice motif. If she possessed her soul completely she wouldn’t produce LCL and thus couldn’t produce Earthly life (GNR is filled with blood not LCL). I figured Lilith’s natural state was one lacking a soul. Perhaps her soul is made to reside in the Chamber of Gaf where it would remain largely disconnected from her body but not completely. (soul divisibility?) This would facilitate the sustaining of a nearly undifferentiated body capable of producing LCL in large quantities.

Apologies. This probably isn’t the right thread to start speculating about this.

UrsusArctos wrote:How about this: The Third Angel is one of the Adams that landed on the Earth-Moon system along with the Adam we know, and Lilith? And now a full Adam is being converted into an Evangelion, with the probable vessel of the Adam we know as the pilot?

That’s an interesting theory. Can you picture Shinji and Kaworu fighting to the death with their respective evas?

Sceleris
Adam

Postby Sceleris » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:09 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:How about this: The Third Angel is one of the Adams that landed on the Earth-Moon system along with the Adam we know, and Lilith? And now a full Adam is being converted into an Evangelion, with the probable vessel of the Adam we know as the pilot?

Wouldn't Kaworu just "initiate an impact" the moment he lands on earth? Or even on the moon? Depends on his goals I guess. I'm toying with the idea that EVA-06 isn't an Adam-based being born from Lilith, but a Lilith-based being born from Adam -- or something like it. Kind of like a thematic contrapositive of sorts. (Also, it's a male?) Could be cool, pitting EVA-01 and EVA-06 against each other like opposites.

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:12 pm

Maybe the whole "initiate an impact" thing is out in Rebuild. Don't forget that Kaworu would be piloting an Adam, and not a Lilith, and that Third Impact is Lilith's precinct.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:24 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:Third Impact is Lilith's precinct.

Holy Crap, everything makes so much sense to me now. I feel like an Idiot... :oops:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”