Sadamoto's Artwork Images

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:58 pm

Carl Horn wrote:Well, I like the taste, the stimulant effect of the nicotene, and the ritual and symbolism.

Mad! They're all mad!!!

Addiction is something you have to work at to acquire

With the additional crap they put into cigs these days, you apparently have to work that much less.

I also certainly don't deny the health risks of cigarettes to one's self and others, but it seems to me it can't be that simple, either--Japan has a higher smoking rate (and thus higher exposure of second-hand smoke to non-smokers) than the U.S., and people live under more crowded conditions to boot. Yet Japanese live on average more than three and a half years longer than Americans (81.04 years vs. our 77.34 average). Understand, I'm not claiming smoking makes the Japanese healthier--but neither does it necessarily make them unhealthier on average than Americans.

This is probably because America is a fat nation and Japan isn't... From what I recall of health class last summer, obesity is the greatest preventable cause of death in Homo sapiens, but smoking is not too far behind.

Though I'm sure the pollution-happy state of our nation (a situation that's only been degrading as of late... ahem ahem) isn't doing any favors for American health, either.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:31 pm

Reichu wrote:Mad! They're all mad!!!

That's all we need--a sane, normal, well-adjusted EVANGELION fan. I knew there must be one out there somewhere. ;-)

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Cogboy » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:18 am

and Reichu is definately one of the sanest

Personally i share Carl's opinion on the matter.

i don't smoke as often as he would though, probably doing it less than once a month, or even two or three. usually its a special occasion and i might have a cigar in the sun with some mates. like my last day of school for example.

its really a personal preferance and as long as you are not making anyone else uncomfortable i don't see a problem with it.
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:40 am

Cogboy wrote:and Reichu is definately one of the sanest

:nods: Yes, definitely!

its really a personal preferance and as long as you are not making anyone else uncomfortable i don't see a problem with it.

Well, as long as innocents don't have to partake of your evil second-hand smoke and you leave no ugly butts behind... no one can complain. But, like I said, there are plenty of people on campus whom I would love blasting with a fire extinguisher.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Mr.Guy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr.Guy » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:17 pm

Heh, I'd much rather die around 55 or so from smoking then becoming so old that I need someone else to wipe my butt everytime I go to the bathroom. But then again, I have a twisted outlook on most everything. Dieing seems like a lot less torture then having to go through being old >_<

Hmm... I don't smoke as of now, but maybe I should start :?

Though second-hand smoking is no good. I'm sure there's plenty of people that don't like having cloud after cloud blown into their face. Sadly, as Reichu said, most smokers aren't too considerate about that fact.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:33 pm

Reichu wrote:
Cogboy wrote:and Reichu is definately one of the sanest

:nods: Yes, definitely!

Well, as long as innocents don't have to partake of your evil second-hand smoke and you leave no ugly butts behind... no one can complain. But, like I said, there are plenty of people on campus whom I would love blasting with a fire extinguisher.

Reichu, to quote REPO MAN, "NO ONE is innocent." Hmm, now I'm imagining EVA if Emilio Estevez had played Shinji. Harry Dean Stanton as Gendo. "Hey, kid, wanna pilot an Evangelion?" "Fuck you, queer."

Tabris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabris » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:47 pm

"Only the mad can be happy". I believe this more with every passing year.

The smoking thing... my home town has just become the subject of a complete ban on smoking in all public places, but while it obviously aims at reducing the risks of passive smoking - just as our governments aim to prevent us cramming our bodies with other 'nasty, nasty evil substances' - they still don't have the guts to make illegal the ones pulling in so much lovely revenue.

Personally, I've got nothing against smokers or smoking... I don't smoke myself (small miracle when I think about my upbringing), but as long as my clothes and hair don't end up smelling like an ashtray, I'm not too concerned. What else can I say? I did all my smoking in the womb...
"One day I would learn how to laugh. Pablo was waiting for me, and Mozart too."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:25 pm

Mr.Guy wrote:Though second-hand smoking is no good. I'm sure there's plenty of people that don't like having cloud after cloud blown into their face. Sadly, as Reichu said, most smokers aren't too considerate about that fact.

I don't get close enough to the people for them to blow it into my face. It's bad enough ending up behind them when I walk around campus, or having to enter a Contaminated Area just to enter or exit a building. (It was the exact same thing at my previous college, too.) Seriously... If I had lived in the Fifties, I would have had to walk around with a gas mask on.

Yeah, "no one is innocent", but some of us are more innocent than others. If you want to pollute your own body, fine. Just don't do it around non-smokers (or if you're gestating...) and clean up your damn butts when you're done. ARGH.

For the record, motor vehicles and non-cigarette litter piss me off, too.

And seeing Kaji smoke around Shinji breaks my heart. Damn you, Sadamoto! Damn you!!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Tabris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabris » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:18 pm

Mr.Guy wrote:Heh, I'd much rather die around 55 or so from smoking then becoming so old that I need someone else to wipe my butt everytime I go to the bathroom. But then again, I have a twisted outlook on most everything. Dieing seems like a lot less torture then having to go through being old >_<

I doubt it. Watching someone die slowly of lung cancer ain't pretty. Trust me on that. And that was just watching, not dying; not to mention they couldn't do a thing for themselves near the end.
"One day I would learn how to laugh. Pablo was waiting for me, and Mozart too."

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:25 pm

[- second-hand smoking is no good. I'm sure there's plenty of people that don't like having cloud after cloud blown into their face. Sadly, as Reichu said, most smokers aren't too considerate about that fact.[/quote]

I don't get close enough to the people for them to blow it into my face. It's bad enough ending up behind them when I walk around campus, or having to enter a Contaminated Area just to enter or exit a building. (It was the exact same thing at my previous college, too.) Seriously... If I had lived in the Fifties, I would have had to walk around with a gas mask on.

Yeah, "no one is innocent", but some of us are more innocent than others. If you want to pollute your own body, fine. Just don't do it around non-smokers (or if you're gestating...) and clean up your damn butts when you're done. ARGH.

For the record, motor vehicles and non-cigarette litter piss me off, too.

And seeing Kaji smoke around Shinji breaks my heart. Damn you, Sadamoto! Damn you!![/quote]
----------------

This would probably be a bad time to mention that I also drive a MOTOR VEHICLE. It don't got no anime bumper stickers or nothing, but privately I call it "Noriko Takaya."

--C.

P.S. I am not a litterer, so I may yet find redemption, though. ;-)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:32 pm

I don't drive a motor vehicle presently, for the simple reason that it's back at home for the time being. There, it was a necessity, albeit a necessary evil. :twisted: The problems underlying the American dependence on motor vehicles is an incredibly convoluted issue, so there's no real point in probing that one further...

But if you're going to not litter, make sure you recycle, too. ;)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:20 am

I should probably clarify that I only hate certain kinds of smoke. Certain kinds.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:56 pm

Not sure if this is
Sadamoto's work but this pic is very hawt in a creapy kinda way O_O

[img=http://img64.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img64&image=rhfeynman7ce.jpg]
Last edited by max3000 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:21 pm

max3000 wrote:Not sure if this is
Sadamoto's work but this pic is very hawt in a creapy kinda way O_O

[img=http://img64.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img64&image=rhfeynman7ce.jpg]

I don't believe this is his, but it is not too far from his painting style. Also, the depiction is a little too H for him these days, although I don't think he objects to that sort of thing. There is the famous cover of Asuka lying in Rei's lap he painted for Hiroyuki Utatane's EVA doujinshi, and Sadamoto actually drew an H NADIA story for the first issue of Kenichi Sonoda's CHOSEN AME back in '92 (Anno drew a H SPIRIT OF WONDER story for the same issue--the last manga of any kind I've seen him do; he used to draw short manga pieces in the 80s).

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:26 pm

Didn't think so...

Still, i just had to post it since it looks so beautiful!

Hey, hey hey hey! Wait a sec! Sadamoto drew a Nadia h-manga? w00t!
Do you know what It's called? I'd very appreciate it if you'd give me some more info about that ^_^
Last edited by max3000 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 am

Gendo has a nice hair afterall :P
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:46 am

Psshh. I wanted another shiny female. They make the covers look a lot better.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:40 pm

Hunter21 wrote:Psshh. I wanted another shiny female. They make the covers look a lot better.

That cover is Gendo telling you that you can't have the females. Because he's got all the females.

--C.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:24 pm

Carl Horn wrote:That cover is Gendo telling you that you can't have the females. Because he's got all the females.

Well, he IS, after all, the Uber-Pimp.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:43 pm

I saw a picture a while ago, can't remeber what it was excatly except that it had Asuka, maybe Shinji, and it had the same drawing style as FLCL. Also I'm pretty sure it was drawn by Sadamoto.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”