Full Scripts

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Full Scripts

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:43 am

It's late, I'm lazy, so could some of you smart people direct me to a site that has the script for each episode (in Romanji as well as English if possible).
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Tabris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabris » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:57 am

A quick search of Google came up with some literal (English) translations sites, but I guess that's probably not what you're looking for.

http://plaza.harmonix.ne.jp/~onizuka/literal/evangelion.html

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/3009/download.htm

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:02 am

Na, I'm looking for something with a bit more assured quality than a google search would yield. In other words, I'd like something that's Reichu or Monkey approved. :wink:
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:59 am

Romaji scripts don't exist yet. As far as "Reichu-approved" -- well, there are the scripts that I am putting together for the Commentary project, but we're only up to episode #03 so far.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:06 am

No one wants "Xanatose approved" scripts anymore. ;_; I really have been away too long. >__<;

Anyway, I've been on the look out for differing online scripts for the series for the better part of two years now, and have always found these general scripts to be just fine.

Everytime I search for an eva script, these are the ones that show up at some point, and on side-by-side comparisons, balance the best aspects of being both reliable and readable. That is to say, they can be expected to be accurate the vast majority of the time, and still make grammatical sense. However, I've never found a script, offical or not, that didn't contain some errors. This goes back to the fact that some scripts were copied from ADV's dubbs, and some people just had to go and give them more credit then they deserved. :roll:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:10 am

Xanatose wrote:Anyway, I've been on the look out for differing online scripts for the series for the better part of two years now, and have always found these general scripts to be just fine.

Tabris beat you to it. :P
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:49 pm

OH, I noticed. :wink: Allow me to clarify.

I'm just reasserting that these scripts are pretty good dispite being found with google. I admit that I'm usually put off by popularly circulated eva information, as the popularity of anything regarding eva seems to be inverse to its actual accuracy in regard to the show, but these scripts are fine even if they have been linked to by everyone and their grandmother.

He should reconsider them.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:40 pm

Fine, but they could be better. For my own purposes (the Commentary), I use both them and ADV's translations as a reference, and hopefully I end up with something that is overall more accurate than either are alone.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”