Just a stupid question..

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Just a stupid question..

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:39 pm

This is a silly question but, are Anno and Sadamoto rich? Or are they just middle-class Japanese citizens?

Cuz you know, they're the creators of Eva and all lol
Last edited by max3000 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:40 am

bUMp

*Runs* :arrow:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:46 am

They make a modest living, but are by no means rich. For the skill involved, it really doesn't pay like you would think. Anno created a multi billion dollar license, however he probably is only an upper middle class citizen.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:41 pm

Ah. I'd think maybe SOME of the profits from all the Eva merchandise went to Anno and Sadamoto.

Btw wheres your avatar from?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:56 pm

EVA-R. I guess because Aaron is secretly a fanboy or something.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:43 pm

I've never thought of it as a secret XP

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Just a stupid answer..

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:46 am

max3000 wrote:This is a silly question but, are Anno and Sadamoto rich? Or are they just middle-class Japanese citizens?

Well, I gotta tell ya, if they aren't, they should be! I'll tell you what, the first person to track them down and find out, well, wins I guess..........lol :idea:

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Just a stupid answer..

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:37 pm

Titus wrote:
Well, I gotta tell ya, if they aren't, they should be! I'll tell you what, the first person to track them down and find out, well, wins I guess..........lol :idea:

How you going to do that, TITUS?

The companies they work for make all the money. What a sad story
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Sad story

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:53 am

Timesplitter 01 wrote:

Well, in the digital age, don't you think it's possible to find them via phone books, e-mail, employment records or even through the company and try to find out if they make a cut or not, I mean just because the programmers who wrote Windows aren't the CEO's of the company, doesn't mean they aren't major share holders, or that they get a major cut.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Sad story

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:54 pm

Titus wrote:
Timesplitter 01 wrote:
Titus wrote:
max3000 wrote:This is a silly question but, are Anno and Sadamoto rich? Or are they just middle-class Japanese citizens?

Well, in the digital age, don't you think it's possible to find them via phone books, e-mail, employment records or even through the company and try to find out if they make a cut or not, I mean just because the programmers who wrote Windows aren't the CEO's of the company, doesn't mean they aren't major share holders, or that they get a major cut.

Well you could track down Sadamoto easily. But Anno on the other hand, would have probably tried to hide his records. Becasue of the millions ( and I mean millions) of death threats becasue of the crappy sereis ending. He probably got more after EoE. So he probably would be hard to find , I remeber reading on a webpage a few months ago that know one From the public knew where he lived.

They would be on a modest salary , but the animaors get crap pay.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Wibbl
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wibbl » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:42 am

sounds a bit unfair
Last edited by Wibbl on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:48 pm

Wibbl wrote:sounds a bit unfair

Yip, totally! And let this be a lesson to all of you, never become an animator and create a massivly popular series or youl'e be under paid and threatened for the rest of your life!

Oh byt the way, welcome to the forum - (now i'm not the newest dude around! :D )
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:13 pm

Titus wrote:
Wibbl wrote:sounds a bit unfair

Yip, totally! And let this be a lesson to all of you, never become an animator and create a massivly popular series or youl'e be under paid and threatened for the rest of your life!

Oh byt the way, welcome to the forum - (now i'm not the newest dude around! :D )

I am not kidding about the death threats to Anno after the series ended. Anno put some of the death threats in EoE. I not sure whether he got any after EoE , but he probably did.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:19 pm

Timesplitter 01 wrote:I am not kidding about the death threats to Anno after the series ended. Anno put some of the death threats in EoE. I not sure whether he got any after EoE , but he probably did.

I wasn't joking either, its a damn raw deal, and where in EoE are those threats?
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:03 pm

They flash on the screen

It is starts 1:16:02 ( hr: min : sec) and finishes about 1:16:04.

Even though EoE was good. Anno made it to get back at the fans

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:50 pm

Timesplitter 01 wrote:Even though EoE was good. Anno made it to get back at the fans
Ack! The imfamous heresy raises it ugly head again!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:34 pm

Gainax, for all its fame and innovation is probably one of the most poorly managed animation studios. It nearly closed after their first professional work, The Wings of Honneamise. Fortunately, Anno stepped up and delivered with Gunbuster, Gainax's second production, and later with Nadia. Gainax never had very good contracts, and despite the success of their projects up until Eva, they didn't profit. The contracts for Eva weren't good, however the sheer volume of merchandise allowed them to profit, even if they only made a tiny percentage. After that, Gainax's fame and importance allowed them to be more agressive with their contracts, so that they could profit without having to produce a phenomenon repeatedly.

Despite the success and importance of Evangelion, I would hardly consider Anno and Sadamoto, nor many more of the members of Gainax to be "rich". They may be fairly well off by comparison to the typical working class citizen. And they are certainly better off than the average college drop out. I know for certain that Anno was a college drop out. I'm not certain about others, but I know he's not the only drop out among the gang.

I would be curious to know how wealthy they would be if they had decent contracts.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:07 pm

Gainax never had very good contracts, and despite the success of their projects up until Eva, they didn't profit. The contracts for Eva weren't good, however the sheer volume of merchandise allowed them to profit, even if they only made a tiny percentage.

So who was (is) soaking up the dinero for that crap, the manufaturers of the various stuffs?

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”