Sadamoto's Artwork Images

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Beatle
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Beatle » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:27 am

You're welcome. It's always nice to hear positive words for my efforts.

For everyone else, there must be a 'no-right click' feature that is enabled on the imaging software I use. I see it's like that on the other galleries, sorry about that. When I get home tonight I'll see if I can redo all the galleries without it.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:55 pm

Well, okay, I got a LEETLE carried away.

But you have it admit, it sucks visiting an NGE gallery full of stuff you don't have and then not being allowed to save any of it. It's like the website is laughing at me mockingly.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:45 am

Beatle wrote:You're welcome. It's always nice to hear positive words for my efforts.

For everyone else, there must be a 'no-right click' feature that is enabled on the imaging software I use. I see it's like that on the other galleries, sorry about that. When I get home tonight I'll see if I can redo all the galleries without it.

The right-click disable is all and only the first <script> element in the page (as seen by doing View>Page Source, which also shows the URLs for the images); removing that block from the pages should suffice.

People using Moz/Firefox/Netscape recent versions may be able to override this in about:config (disabling dom.event.contextmenu.enabled) - I shall have to experiment.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:07 am

Beatle wrote:You're welcome. It's always nice to hear positive words for my efforts.

Don't know if you had a chance yet, but it still won't let you download...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Beatle
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Beatle » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:55 pm

Should be good now.
I like the black background, it makes the images stand out more.

Tabris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabris » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:56 am

Sorry to swerve from the current discussion, and forgive my ignorance, but is there any particular reason why Sadamoto's drawings of Shinji for the manga show him with brown eyes, when he had blue ones in the anime...? (again, sorry if this has already be discussed to death; I didn't think it warranted a topic to itself. I've been looking around for some kind of explanation for it, I don't think there's any in the manga itself... although I don't have them to hand to check).

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:22 am

I think that's just his preference. Asuka, Touji, and Hikari have all fallen victim to these changes as well.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:26 am

Tabris wrote:Sorry to swerve from the current discussion, and forgive my ignorance, but is there any particular reason why Sadamoto's drawings of Shinji for the manga show him with brown eyes, when he had blue ones in the anime...? (again, sorry if this has already be discussed to death; I didn't think it warranted a topic to itself. I've been looking around for some kind of explanation for it, I don't think there's any in the manga itself... although I don't have them to hand to check).

i think he's not everywhere with brown eyes..sometimes it's clear the dark blue eyes that Shinji has..but even if this happens i guess it's because the manga is a little different than the anime..so i guess this is a differnce too..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:30 am

the_seventh_child wrote:time to revive this thread..i don't think that this have been posted before..
Godlike <>

My GOD thats amazing o.O;
Last edited by max3000 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:15 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:People using Moz/Firefox/Netscape recent versions may be able to override this in about:config (disabling dom.event.contextmenu.enabled) - I shall have to experiment.

This does work (in Firefox 1.0 at least) - you still see the Javascript pop-up, but after you dismiss it, the normal right-click menu appears.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:44 am

Function is still disabled on my PC.... I'll have to try the Macs in the computer labs at school.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:20 am

Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Tabris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabris » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:58 am

Haven't seen this one around much.
Last edited by Tabris on Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:18 am

wow,that's an excellent image Tabris..what is this dvd btw?

Tabris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabris » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:47 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:what is this dvd btw?

I've heard of it, but I have absolutely no idea. I shall go digging.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:51 am

Looks like a promotional poster to me.

BTW, I hate the cover of PLATINUM 0:5. Where Sadamoto gets the idea that fans want to see Kaji smoking... I have no idea. It totally ruins his suave, sexy image.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Tabris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabris » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:59 am

I think Renewal is a remastered version of the series, I could be wrong. And yup, that's a promo poster, I believe...

BTW, I hate the cover of PLATINUM 0:5. Where Sadamoto gets the idea that fans want to see Kaji smoking... I have no idea. It totally ruins his suave, sexy image.

He looks a bit like he's suffering the brunt of an absinthe hangover. Not even Kaji could make one of those suave and sexy.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:21 am

Reichu wrote:BTW, I hate the cover of PLATINUM 0:5. Where Sadamoto gets the idea that fans want to see Kaji smoking... I have no idea. It totally ruins his suave, sexy image.

How times change. When I was a young 'un it would have been what completed the suave, sexy image.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:22 am

you don't like the cover of Platinum:05?i personally love it..
i like seeing Kaji with a cigarette..-like on the vol.07 on the manga-..
i'm wondering who will be on the Platinum:06 cover..i guess Gendo..

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:00 pm

Tabris wrote:I think Renewal is a remastered version of the series, I could be wrong. And yup, that's a promo poster, I believe...

Indeed. ADV is releasing the TV series portion of Renewal over here as "Platinum".

you don't like the cover of Platinum:05?i personally love it..
i like seeing Kaji with a cigarette..-like on the vol.07 on the manga-..
i'm wondering who will be on the Platinum:06 cover..i guess Gendo..

So is smoking more 'societally acceptable' in Greece or something?

Me, I'm half-tempted to blast the kids I see smoking around campus with a fire extinguisher. Noxious, foul stuff.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”