The "Lost Angels"

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:33 pm

Reichu wrote:Diemay Angel

Wow, they attatched a progressive knife to a stick. That's ingenuitive.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

felineki
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby felineki » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:12 pm

That's called a "Sonic Glaive". Eva-02 uses one in episode 9 (it's what she uses to slice Israfel in half, triggering ver "split personality" for the first time).

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Bumpity-bumpity-bump!

Hmm. I didn't realize that the "Diemay Angel" was the fancreated one that Gainax drew. (I've seen the pic before, just never knew the name.)

Also, with those Angels that were scrapped, I didn't even KNOW about those! :shock:

Interesting stuff.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:50 pm

Smooth necromancy, SSD-chan! :lol:

Anyways, I had almost forgotten about this.

There were plenty of things that were on the drawing board that didn't make it to the final cut. There was also the EoE "deleted" scene of what "happened" to Touji and Kensuke and everyone else. IMO, the "Aluka" plot line being the most intriguing among them.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:01 pm

What Asuka plotline? You mean the scrapped live action sequence?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:45 am

NAveryW wrote:What Asuka plotline? You mean the scrapped live action sequence?

No, not "Asuka" the red head, but "アルカ" a location, which can be put into romaji as either "Aruka" or "Aluka", personally, I think they were basing this "アルカ" off of Arqa.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:55 am

Oh. I can't believe I misread that... I guess I'm just so used to thinking of it as "Arka" or "Arqa".

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:15 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Also, with those Angels that were scrapped, I didn't even KNOW about those! :shock:

What Angels that were scrapped? If you're referring to Baraqijal and Iblis, they were created exclusively for a table-top RPG...

Shateiel and Turiel count, but I don't recall mentioning them in this thread.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:28 am

Reichu wrote:Shateiel and Turiel

My interest is piqued...

Where are these mentioned?
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:08 am

Reichu wrote:Shateiel and Turiel count, but I don't recall mentioning them in this thread.

I hereby request full disclosure.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Bumpity-bumpity-bump!

Hmm. I didn't realize that the "Diemay Angel" was the fancreated one that Gainax drew. (I've seen the pic before, just never knew the name.)

Also, with those Angels that were scrapped, I didn't even KNOW about those! :shock:

Interesting stuff.

Someone please explain to me, ex nihilo, what there is to know about the "Diemay" Angel (including why its called that) and everything about it.

I've seen the pictures of it. Wikipedia had this to say, unsourced: "There is also a Gainax promotional artwork with Unit 01 fighting a white winged Angel.[24] This creature is known as the "Diemay Angel" and was designed by a fan who won a contest to have his Angel featured in official artwork."

also, what scrapped plotline was there revealing what happened to the other characters? No not Instrumentality. I mean I recall some talk of a basketball scene but that's it.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:22 pm

Do a search for the Proposal and you'll easily find all the information that is known about the Arqa ending, though there isn't much. Basically, either twelve very powerful Angels (or one twelfth very poweful Angel) descends from the moon and destroys the Americas. The HIP is abandoned to focus on saving everyone, the secret to which has something to do with the Artificial Evolution Laboratory and the ruins of Arqa/Aluka/Aruka/Arka.

The basketball scene went between SFAiBL and Seele's invasion, in which Kensuke tries to talk to Shinji about leaving and such. Shinji is just really out of it, though. It's significant because you find that they and Hikari are taken to Germany, and you can tell that Toji has both arms.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Reichu, PLEASE tell us more about Shateiel and Turiel. Google helped not one bit, so I'm assuming it's from a Japanese source like Chronicle that most of us don't have access to.

EDIT AGAIN: Ah, never mind. I found them on the wiki.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:52 pm

what's our source for that deleted scene?

The potential Eva pilots are valuable commodities they wouldn't just turn them loose. Do we have transcript?

So we've got:

*Diemay fan-created Angel which Gainax made an official artwork still of
*Iblis and Baraqijal are just two Angels made up for some spinoff RPG (btw a translation of info relevent to them?)
*Shateiel and Turiel are early concept Angels that weren't produced, which we know of from Proposal; do we have a pic of them or description?

What of this Raziel fellow?

So there were originally supposed to be 20-80 Angels and the final 12, the most powerful, would descend from the Moon. Names for any of the other ones?

****Does anyone have a pic of that early-concept sketch of Sachiel from Die Monde and Die Sterne? The one that still looks amphibian but otherwise drastically different?

Any other concept art from Proposal for Angels, Reichu? Even the ones that ultimately appeared in the show?

***What I thought was weird about the official artbooks I got my hands on was that they had LOTS of Evangelion concept art, but they only show the finished Angel designs.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:10 pm

Raziel was the original name for Sachiel. A picture of Shateiel and Turiel can be found here.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:18 pm

V wrote:what's our source for that deleted scene?

The story boards.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:19 pm

NAveryW wrote:A picture of Shateiel and Turiel can be found here.

LAME
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:11 am

BobBQ, look at what you made me do! I go to translate that one page, figure I might as well make a place for Proposal translations on the wiki, and several hours later...

http://evageeks.org/FGP/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_Proposal

And, no, I am not adding all of the scans now (even though they're on my HD). I don't hate myself that much.

NAveryW wrote:A picture of Shateiel and Turiel can be found...

Hey, I wasn't finished yet. ;;p All available details on those two here.

Raziel was the original name for Sachiel.

Nope: They coexist in the Proposal. Raziel was apparently a "metallic" Apostolo (though I still need to redo those dodgy old translations by Anonymous Translator), while Proposal's Sachiel is an amphibious humanoid not unlike the final. He just got a makeover courtesy of Asari-san and stole the "first shito to hit Tokyo-3" gig from Raz.

AEF wrote:LAME

Why do you think they weren't used?

Although Shateiel is kind of cool for a glorified pepper shaker.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby jenova7 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:48 am

Shateiel and Turel look like they're from Rahxephon (which i despise btw)

damn the original design for sachiel is awesome

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:53 am

jenova7 wrote:Shateiel and Turel look like they're from Rahxephon (which i despise btw)

Shateiel and Turel came first.

damn the original design for sachiel is awesome

If the final Sachiel design were something I could have sex with, I probably would. But I wouldn't touch the old design with a 40-meter dildo.

(Sorry. It's late.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:23 am

jenova7 wrote:Shateiel and Turel look like they're from Rahxephon (which i despise btw)

I had exactly the same thought, Turel is so Dolem-ish. But like Reichu says, Turel is first...

And Turel was meant to be a messenger of Sachiel, being associated with the planet Jupiter. A messenger of a messenger...hmm?

* REBUILD SPOILER*

If I'm not mistaken, some of the Shateiel design got into Ramiel's shapeshifting in Rebuild- if the fanmade operation Yashima depiction is accurate.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”