Rebuild 1:0 "You are (not) alone" Reviews/Spoilers

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
marmotgirl
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby marmotgirl » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:42 am

NAveryW wrote:According to Wikipedia, the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese.

Fix'd.

Seriously though, it's all rather oddly quiet about 2.0 is it not? It's always been projected as late January/early February to the best of my knowledge (though don't ask for definitive sauce on that), and I don't think that's ever been retracted, but it's now mid-Novemberish and we haven't got a definitive date, let alone an independent trailer or anything.

The fact that 1.0 will still be in the cinemas until late December doesn't worry me too much, though- obviously it's odd to leave only a month-ish gap between movies, but methinks Rebuild itself is a strange cinematic fish...and remember, kids, the Gainax Cash Cow requires your every penny.
"Dude, it's not that I don't think you're cool or anything but the fact is that that guy is driving a Big Red GTO and you're pissing about in an enraged banana."

AnnoShinjiAsuka
Embryo

Postby AnnoShinjiAsuka » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:14 pm

AnnoShinjiAsuka confirms Hikari does show herself in Rebuild. She is shown just once, in the bunker with Toji and Kensuke telling her they want the toilet before they go see Shinji fight the fifth Angel. Hikari has just two dialogs and audiences see her three times.

I sense I am the first fan to realise Rebuild is not time restarting. The red sea can be explained as caused by Second Impact and Tokyo-3 and NERV HQ are all good in Rebuild.

Can someone here please offer scans of November Newtype's Rebuild article thanks.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:27 pm

AnnoShinjiAsuka wrote:I sense I am the first fan to realise Rebuild is not time restarting. The red sea can be explained as caused by Second Impact and Tokyo-3 and NERV HQ are all good in Rebuild.

I disagree, I'm sure many fans understand this, but what's more interesting to discuss, how this is not a sequel, or how this might be a sequel and if so can Anno do it well?

Also, didn't Anno say that he had toyed with making a sequel to Eva? I don't know the source, I'm asking for a confirmation of this.

And also, I never really doubted that Hikari was in it, I just that her appearances were just so minimal as to be not worth mentioning.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:15 pm

Not sure which thread to put these in - here are some scans of screenies from the Jap NewType magazine for ye, maybe they've been posted before but I certainly can't find them.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:56 pm

nice, Zuggy

and careful there with the phrases you use to describe some people of the azn persuazn

don't want some dopey "advocacy" group jumping down your or this forum's throat
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:01 am

I dunno what this is, but it looks like a rough comic-ish parody of rebuild: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiIb3dO4D3A

However, it does show you all the shapes that Ramiel goes through, as well as when he's in drill mode.

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:50 am

That video has some interesting Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei references enacted by lesbian Evas and bondaged Angels.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:11 pm

@ Ornette: heh, funny stuff. The Evas and Angels getting it on with eachother was amusing (Lesbian Evas, eh? Reichu should SUE!). I also liked how Rei was holding a bottle of ketchup instead of actually bleeding. :lol: I think the video was more or less the person's thoughts on Rebuild.

@ Shinji in Misato's house picture: Product Placement is the way to go. ;)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:19 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:@ Shinji in Misato's house picture: Rebuild Doritos are the way to go. ;)

Fix'd. :wink:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:33 pm

Yeah, the Zetsubou Sensei stuff was taken from a fanvideo of the Zetsubou OP.

Yay for someone else who watches Zetsubou Sensei!

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:59 am

A Zetsubou sensei fanvideo featuring Evas?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:21 am

AchtungAffen wrote:A Zetsubou sensei fanvideo featuring Evas?

Aye, I think it was me who posted the eva-not-end video link to it on That Board a while ago - it's on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSsIONtYM8

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:27 pm

AnnoShinjiAsuka wrote:I sense I am the first fan to realise Rebuild is not time restarting.

I sense you have not been on this forum since that incessant hypothesis was first posted and those not ready to hop onto the Neverending Story bandwagon in turn offered reasons why it did not have to be so. ::p

Actually, I think it was in this thread.

@Screenshot scans: Holy shit, someone REALLY wanted to get rid of some moire patterning. :shock:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:06 am

In those screenshots a few posts up- whats the last one of?

The only thing that can come to mind is the tunnel that the Evas shoot to the surface but it looks burned (post Ramiel's first hit?)

Thanks.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:51 am

Any news yet about an American release?
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:03 am

No.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Punio4
Embryo

Postby Punio4 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:41 pm

Who cares about the american release!
When will it be available on DVD? Then it will be a torr--err.. Worldwide release! :roll:
IMAGE SIGNATURE NO BAD

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:05 pm

Punio4 wrote:When will it be available on DVD?

When people stop shamelessly propagating the "Neverending Story" rumor I hate so much.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

klasnic
Adam

Postby klasnic » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:10 pm

Two new images of Rebuild:

Illustration Kazuya Tsurumaki

The Central Dogma 0_o

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:30 pm

klasnic wrote:The Central Dogma 0_o

"The World Tree is growing upside-down"? I know about the Cosmic Tree and all, but, still, WTF?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”