Is RahXephon a copy of Evangelion?

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Sendo Takeshi [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sendo Takeshi [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:51 pm

FullMetal Haruko wrote:GAH! This thread makes My EYES BLEED. Im off to make a website about how Evangelion Copied Gigantor... Now all I need is the Evangeling Into Song and the beginning to Gigantor.....

That EvaXephon kid reminds of that Shinji kid that was making that stupid EVA movie. Both couldn't live up to the standard of debate. Couldn't prove their points and thus were horribly crushed.

Thread delivers though.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 09:06 AM

FullMetal Haruko [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetal Haruko [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Deathscythe wrote:That EvaXephon kid reminds of that Shinji kid that was making that stupid EVA movie. Both couldn't live up to the standard of debate. Couldn't prove their points and thus were horribly crushed.

Thread delivers though.

Oh I know. Like I said, Disgruntled Eva fans. Real problem nowadays.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 09:10 AM

Rydis [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rydis [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

RahXephon was copying Yuusha Raideen[insert anime here], and Evangelion was copying Ideon/[insert anime here].

Even if those two statements are true, they are irrelevant. If RahXephon intentionally copied Raideen, that doesn't erase any of its similarities to Evangelion. If Evangelion was copying another anime, that doesn't erase any of RahXephon's similarities to Evangelion

Another reason why you are wrong. If RahXephon has similarities to Evangelion, and Evangleion was coping another anime, you have no way to prove that RahXephon took it from the anime Evangelion took it from, and not Evangelion itself.

I have been through 12 pages of your stuff, and most of what you post (saying happens in the same order same time to same characters) isn't. Happening between different people, in different episodes. Whether or not it was "near" the same time makes no difference.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 01:30 PM

Van [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Van [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

EvaXephon instead of tearing your site a new ******* I'll just ask one question. I quote you saying this on your refute page

Remember - while Evangelion did borrow from other giant robot shows, it also contained many original and unique aspects that previous giant robot shows did not contain

What exactly did Evangelion bring to the table that was unique and original?

What did Evangelion bring to the table that wasn't already in Mobile Suit Gundam, Space Runaway Ideon, Aura Battler Dunbine, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Mazinger Z?

What did Anno do that was original and unique that he didn't already to in Nadia and Gunbuster?

I wasn't noone else to answer this I want to see EvaXephon's response.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 01:39 PM

Rydis [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rydis [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Some examples on your abiguaity.

Page 5
You say Haruka and Misato are both captains (saying Haruka is Misato's clone). However 90% of the time you contrat Haruka and Misato, its to different people, not to eachother. If it were similar (as in even copying) then the same attributes would appear in the same characters, not among different characters.

Some examples: You compare the cross necklace to Elvy, while comparing the breat similarity with the white cowboy chick (sorry forgot her name)

I can go through about half of what you have on your site, and compare then to almost any other mecha anime. I am not saying RahXephon has nothing similar with Evangelion because it does. I am just poiting out that you go out of your way, to reword things, and use different dialcts, and compare "clones" to different people. I would say about 75% of it is BS, 25% of it is good comparions.

If your going to compare the two, you need to keep the contrat between what your comparing and not make it vague and ambigious.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 01:45 PM

Sentient Wolf [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sentient Wolf [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Lol... RahXephon, Evangelion, Gundam... they are all of the same genre. It doesn't suprise me if they ALL share some similarities here and there. It's normal. Image

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 01:56 PM

Van [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Van [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Rydis wrote:I would say about 75% of it is BS, 25% of it is good comparions.

If your going to compare the two, you need to keep the contrat between what your comparing and not make it vague and ambigious.

I would say thats a fair number and I even tryed to say something along those lines but he seems to think the more he has the better.

I say

If you want to be taken seriously stop grapsing for straws, quality > quantity when it comes to stuff like this.

He replies

If I said that Rah was a clone because of ONE similarity, I'd be a fool.

Instead, I used 165 COMBINED similarities.

Noone is impressed by mere numbers EvaXephon if the majority of your examples are utter crap.

Quality > Quantity when it comes to thinks like this, now redo that section if you truely believe what you do.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 02:06 PM

EvaXephon [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby EvaXephon [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

Leader Desslock wrote:Tell you what - let's stop this now. How about you give us a list of what you think have been the MERITORIOUS contradictory opinions listed thus far in this thread. We can start from there.

Simply put:

No.

I refuse to do that.

That would take far too much time and effort. You people aren't worth it.

You're all rude, mean, condescending, insulting, and immature.

None of you were worth dealing with in the first place, yet I continually tried to speak to you as if you were civilized human beings. And you just kept on acting like children.

Leader Desslock wrote:If you'd like all of us to shut up while the two or three Evangelion/Tomino/Anno experts go toe to toe with you, we can do that. You let us know what works best for you. Really. I'm pretty sure this group is willing to accomodate whatever debate format you choose - as long as it's a genuine debate. You want a serious debate? Bring it. We'll oblige.

Based on the 8 pages so far, it's obviously impossible for you to oblige to the debate format I'd like - a civil one. None of you are capable of displaying maturity, and you've all proven this over the last 8 pages.

I'm through here. It's not worth a second of my time. No one here acts like an adult. Everyone here is some petty jerk who makes themself feel good by ganging up on someone and flinging personal insults. I advise you all to grow up. I don't think any of you will get far in life with your current attitudes and behavior.

This place is not worth another keystroke, and I shall illustrate that by abruptly ending this post and leaving.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 04:20 PM

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

THREAD OVER.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 04:46 PM

Leader Desslock [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Leader Desslock [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

EvaXephon wrote:I refuse to do that.

That would take far too much time and effort.

Pointing out ONE valid contradiction would take as long as scrolling back to the post and hitting the QUOTE button. If you seriously wanted the discussion you claim to want, you could and would do it. I believe your actions indicate that you would rather avoid the opinions of people who don't give you their tacit agreement.

EvaXephon wrote:You people aren't worth it.

And yet we were worth courting when you wanted people to look at your site and take you seriously. And as fans of Evangelion and RahXephon, we're exactly the sort of people you had in mind when you made that site. Interesting. Again, I'd say that the only people you want to hear are the ones that agree with you.

EvaXephon wrote:You're all rude, mean, condescending, insulting, and immature.

Several people have brought up contradictory points in a civil manner,yet you have failed to address their points just as surely as you have failed to address the rude posters' points. That indicates to me that it is the contradictory nature of their posts rather than the rudeness that you're avoiding.

EvaXephon wrote:This place is not worth another keystroke, and I shall illustrate that by abruptly ending this post and leaving.

I'm curious what's going to happen next. You'll go to another forum, your ideas will be similarly received by anyone who knows what they're talking about. You'll go to another forum after that, etc. How many forums have you decided to "leave abruptly" before you finally start listening and responding to the folks who don't agree with you?

Have you succeeded in finding any single forum of EVA/RAH fans who agree with your conclusions? Where is it? I'd be interested to read just WHY they agree with you beyond "ZOMG!1 I never saw it be4!"

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 04:53 PM

Sendo Takeshi [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sendo Takeshi [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

EvaXephon wrote:Owww....my pu$$y hurts!!!

Hey, if you can't deal with the debate then why post it up? You think people are gonna agree with you 100% when even YOU yourself know you're wrong. Lets be real here.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 04:57 PM

Rydis [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rydis [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 pm

EvaXephon wrote:Simply put:
This place is not worth another keystroke, and I shall illustrate that by abruptly ending this post and leaving.

If that was true then you wouldn't of even told us you were leaving. Its all a matter of knowledgeable people who know what their talking about vs 1 person who thinks all these things are similar to 1 show. You can't prove anything beyond the cliche's every anime has. Thats your problem.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 05:22 PM

Van [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Van [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 pm

I actually wanted to see EvaXephon's opinion about what Evangelion brought to the genre... than he could've showed what an utter fool he is and prove he didn't comprehend either show he based his website on Image

Dr. Nick lmao.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 07:09 PM

Samurai Drifter [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Samurai Drifter [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 pm

EvaXephon wrote:One side of this discussion is constantly flinging around condescending, insulting remarks, and generally being rude.

The other side is not doing any of the above things.

Which one of these two sides looks mature and grown up?

You're right, I guess I should make something of an effort to sugarcoat the fact that your ideas are idiotic.

...nah.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 07:14 PM

Loopy [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Loopy [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 pm

Alas, he just turned out to be a watered down clone of Shinji_Ikari. Aw nerts!

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 07:25 PM

FullMetal Haruko [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetal Haruko [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 pm

EvaXephon wrote:Simply put:

No.

I refuse to do that.

That would take far too much time and effort. You people aren't worth it.

You're all rude, mean, condescending, insulting, and immature.

None of you were worth dealing with in the first place, yet I continually tried to speak to you as if you were civilized human beings. And you just kept on acting like children.

Based on the 8 pages so far, it's obviously impossible for you to oblige to the debate format I'd like - a civil one. None of you are capable of displaying maturity, and you've all proven this over the last 8 pages.

I'm through here. It's not worth a second of my time. No one here acts like an adult. Everyone here is some petty jerk who makes themself feel good by ganging up on someone and flinging personal insults. I advise you all to grow up. I don't think any of you will get far in life with your current attitudes and behavior.

So basically what you're saying is that you cant handle people not agreeing with you and you're leaving because of that. You know whta I love? When pople make big angry posts about hate everyone and are leaving becasue of that. I mean, I guess they expect people to care. If you cant handle a contradictory arguement, and are leaving as thus, then Good Ridance, One less annoying member on the site.(Does that make me a Hypocrit?)

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 07:26 PM

Levon [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Levon [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 pm

Your the one that asked for a debate & now that people disagree you start insulting all of us. I diddn't insult you or act immature yet your insulting all of us.

I feel my posts were ignored. I'll ask again, why would the creators of RahXephon copy such tiny details as a door closing?

EvaXephon wrote:I'm really interested in hearing someone try to tell me that RahXephon is not a complete clone of Evangelion.

EvaXephon wrote:I want it to spark a healthy debate about Evangelion and RahXephon. What I want you to discuss is whether or not RahXephon copied Evangelion.

Clearly thats not true. We are trying to discuss it but your not listening & then insult me.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 07:46 PM

VSh [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby VSh [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 pm

I should admit that level of argumentation of most people in this thread is too low. Undoubtedly EvaXephon looked better. Even intensity of posts shows that there is something here. Just watch one show after another. RX ripped off Eva just little bit below the level of plagiarism and it wasn't done well. Of course the show would be only better without this. I think creators simply wanted to take a lift on Eva's popularity.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 07:47 PM

Van [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Van [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 pm

VSh wrote:I should admit that level of argumentation of most people in this thread is too low.

Sorry for not being able to match wits against the likes of....

Evangelion had a professor... as does RahXephon!

Nice to see your original account EvaXephon.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 07:59 PM

Loopy [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Loopy [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:53 pm

VSh wrote:I should admit that level of argumentation of most people in this thread is too low. Undoubtedly EvaXephon looked better. Even intensity of posts shows that there is something here. Just watch one show after another. RX ripped off Eva just little bit below the level of plagiarism and it wasn't done well. Of course the show would be only better without this. I think creators simply wanted to take a lift on Eva's popularity.

Hahaha.

No.

Originally posted on: 07.22.2006, 08:04 PM

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”