My Eva journal or something.

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

C_U_P [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C_U_P [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:40 pm

MagicianCamille wrote:Wasn't there a board game called Life?

Yeah, and it just so happens that I suck at it. Go figure.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 21:49 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:40 pm

C_U_P wrote:I just finished episode 1, i'm putting the notes in the first post.

Be aware, that there is a 10000 character limit on any post. You might run out of room in the first post before the end. Maybe you should just make new posts for each episode, and we can all babble around them. Like most threads really!
Remember, if anything strikes you, let us know!

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 21:54 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:40 pm

Yeah, you should just update normally, in new posts. Edits don't make the thread go to the top, so we wouldn't know if you were updating. Image

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 21:58 GMT

Joeshie [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Joeshie [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:40 pm

Also, expect to have a lot of feedback and responses from us Eva geeks.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 22:31 GMT

The Eva Monkey [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:40 pm

C_U_P wrote:It should also be mentioned that I am a practicing Christian, so I should be able to clear up many of the supposed symbols in the show. I'm not doing this for anyone else. I just thought some of you would be interested in the remarks of a totally unbiased, open-minded person who has never seen the show before and knows nothing about it.

Whoopdy doo. I went to church and Sunday school every week, I was baptised, took communion, was confirmed, and went to Catholic high school. Yeah, I've read the Bible. I know what stigmata are. Again, what makes you special? I have practicing Christian friends who have seen Eva, and their interpretations are no different than those that aren't and know very little about christianity.

And for the record, I find religious people to be the most BIASED people in the world.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 22:33 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:40 pm

C_U_P, not to open that barrel of monkeys, but NGE does not borrow nearly as much from Christianity as is often supposed.

And Aaron, we could just apply that mentality to stuff like the commentary -- why should anyone give a crap what some random geeks have to say?

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 22:35 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:40 pm

Image pssst! Tell him off.... Image I can't his site hosts the commentary project....
Image What do we do?
Image Play it cool and it'll all blow over by the next page of comments.

It's either that.... or a picket....[img]http://www.evageeks.org/ANF-Archive/images/../images/$%&#!.gif[/img]

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 22:45 GMT

C_U_P [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C_U_P [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:40 pm

Reichu wrote:C_U_P, not to open that barrel of monkeys, but NGE does not borrow nearly as much from Christianity as is often supposed.

I don't know anything about Eva, so i'm going on what i've seen the fanboys rant about.

MONKEY: I read that link you put up. It's crap. Some Christians think that fiction such as Eva is very harmful to people. That guy is obviously some "holy crusader" and should not be used to stereotype Christians.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 22:45 GMT

The Eva Monkey [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Reichu wrote:And Aaron, we could just apply that mentality to stuff like the commentary -- why should anyone give a crap what some random geeks have to say?

Years of experience and education on the subject has given some of us a far more refined understanding of the show and associated fandom than even those responsible for distributing it in our respective localities. I would even argue that we know it better than many of the people who actually worked on it and played integral and indispensible roles in its creation.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 22:52 GMT

C_U_P [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C_U_P [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Eva-Monkey, I was going to be nice about this, but I don't feel like it anymore. You are a arrogant, stuck-up, and dislikeable guy. Your incessant bragging and degratory remarks only add to your already poor image. I find it odd that you have a decent website, because most 12 year-old internet brats like yourself can't put forth that much effort or spend that much cash. That being said, i'd appreciate it if you would kindly NOT post in this thread again. If you do not think that my opinions are important enough to solicit their own thread, then please, PM a mod and see what he thinks, and i'm sure that appropriate action will be taken.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 23:04 GMT

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

I like this idea. The last time we had something like this it was someone who had already seen the show doing a "re-watching" journal, a lot less interesting idea. Most of us will be looking forward to your opinions.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 23:12 GMT

The Eva Monkey [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

I asked a simple question. You made it personal. I'm sorry that I'm blunt and to the point, most people appeciate that sort of brevity in these sorts of places. Sorry you're not one of them. I've spent hundreds of bucks maintaining my website to promote Evangelion to people like you. I'm such a bitch.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 23:12 GMT

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Alas for Gondolin!

Reconsider!

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 23:13 GMT

C_U_P [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby C_U_P [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:I asked a simple question. You made it personal. I'm sorry that I'm blunt and to the point, most people appeciate that sort of brevity in these sorts of places. Sorry you're not one of them. I've spent hundreds of bucks maintaining my website to promote Evangelion to people like you. I'm such a bitch.

Like I said, I really don't care what you think of my opinions or the validity of my thoughts. You define elitism. Your opinion is no more worthy than mine. We really have no reason to be arguing here. Just what are you trying to prove? Now please, if you do not like the topic, then stay out.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 23:25 GMT

Treize X [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Treize X [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Reichu wrote:C_U_P, not to open that barrel of monkeys, but NGE does not borrow nearly as much from Christianity as is often supposed.

And Aaron, we could just apply that mentality to stuff like the commentary -- why should anyone give a crap what some random geeks have to say?

Becuase we're special random geeks. Image

(BTW, Reich, still working on that essay...PM'ed).

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 23:36 GMT

Joeshie [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Joeshie [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Just let C_U_P do his thing. No one is forcing you to read his journal Eva_Monkey. If you have a problem with it, just leave him be.

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 23:40 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

That's what I said. Image
And BTW EvaMonkey, everyone is welcome to the Commentary, so I would assume that if someone's opinion is put up on the Commentary site, it is worthwhile (I would hope). Maybe my opinions don't matter because I haven't finished highschool yet nor created a rousing essay that sparks "really big" debates. Or maybe I did and don't remember, as they probably wouldn't be important anyway. -__- Anyway, if you really think CUP's thoughts are a waste of time, don't bother with it. Let him figure out things on his own. Image

Originally posted on: 25-Apr-2005, 23:59 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Monkey is a self-designated @$$hole. (No. Really.) Don't let him get to ya when he goes on his little tirades. Image

I would tread a bit more lightly, Aaron. Bannination is not fun.

Don't make me pull out that "forum fires" image again! (Best bit of doctoring I ever did, in terms of usefulness!)

Originally posted on: 26-Apr-2005, 00:10 GMT

Magami No ER [ANF]
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Magami No ER [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:41 pm

^It has saved two threads thus far, that was a great service to us, Reichu. Image

Originally posted on: 26-Apr-2005, 00:14 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:42 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:I'm sorry, but as I've come to find, I was born without a sense of tact. Nevertheless, it was an honest question. Why should we care what you have to say? We were all new to Eva at one point too, we know what it was like the first time through. Why are you special to the point where you can come here and tell us something about Eva?

But, if you want to make this personal.... well.... you suck at life.

Stop being an arse. I have no desire to see this forum I had so many fun debates on over the past three years degenerate into some elitest hole. Everyones opinions are welcome and rather than being an arsehole why don't you present reasoned arguments on why the posters views are false. If you can't be bothered to take the time to do that then don't post at all.

If I see any more of this kind of crap the offenders will be banned. Troubling as that may be to the commentary project I can't/won't make exceptions.

Final warning.

Originally posted on: 26-Apr-2005, 00:24 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”