NGE2 Classified Information

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Blader5489 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Blader5489 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Reichu wrote:What I was going for:

"Stigmata": Lilith's Doors of Guf
'Divine Spirits': Kamigami who were forcibly freed from physical form (as a prerequisite for 3I)

In theory, the stigmata bestowed upon Yui could act as "forced" Doors, providing passage for said souls into the 'medium'.

That's an interesting idea, but makes sense of several scatted plot elements (both SEELE and Gendo having to defeat the Angels, SEELE's desires for humans to be reborn as a god, Keel's comment in the manga about using 3I for humans to be reborn as "children of God", etc).

The only thing that doesn't quite fit is Keel's line in #24, where he says "We won't rely on Adam or the Angels." Wouldn't your idea of the 3I medium be a reliance on the Angels?

Reichu wrote:I'm not quite sure I follow your thought stream on GNR's 3rd Eye.

The third eye represents the pineal gland (and, by association, the "throne of souls"). Considering Rei is the mother of humanity, I don't think it's a stretch to say that her third eye is a throne of all souls (a pineal gland that connects to all other humans).

But then again, does it really matter? The only people that Shinji communicates with after he enters the third eye is Lilith, Adam, and Yui. His "moment of psychological penetration" may just be something akin to his life flashing before his eyes.

Reichu wrote:Ah, you confused me. That's #25.

My mistake. I just checked #26, and the only thing Gendo says about 3I is that "It's the only way to exist."

We are only returning to our mother, who has been lost to this world.

Wtf?

Reichu wrote:Since when was there an "explodey AATF"? It seems more logical to link the "Huge F-ing Explosions" up with "S2s in Overdrive". I mean, an AATF should be doing something to live up to its name somehow.

Well during 2I, Adam generates an AATF that creates explosions. Nobody actually melts until Adam spreads his wings (which may be a hint to him/her/it opening his/her/it's Doors of Guf).

Based on what we see of AATFs in 2I and 3I, I'd say that an AATF alone creates an explosion, but an AATF coupled with the Doors of Guf opening (an indicator of which is an SoL spreading his/her wings) is what "resets all life."

Reichu wrote:No "I think"! Cite, cite, cite!

This is the only place where I could find the reference again. Here's the post in question:
yeah in episode 23' armisael merges with unit 00 and turns into a GNR before exploding. I'm not even going to try and figure that one out either. the commentary in the platinum books just says that they do this just because it also happens in EoE and it just sets the groundwork for EoE. I just think it's the angel's ability to kinda absorb and join with it's target.

Originally posted on: 07.26.2006, 10:07 PM

Jabberwok [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jabberwok [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Reichu wrote:EDIT: @Jabberwok -- "I'm not sure if I buy into this idea myself" or suchlike would suffice. Image

It may be the smiley but "Ouch". I feel like I just got slapped or something. :P

I choose my words... whatever the opposite of "carefully" is.

I think I still buy what I wrote there (and I didn't mean to sound sarcastic; I do remember liking that thread), I just can't quite figure out all of what I wrote those few long weeks ago. Right now, a lot of it looks like cafinated rambling.

I find that sometimes people tend to treasure/advocate their own ideas/theories above others' in rather annoying and ignorant ways. I find my own self-deprecating brand of humility allows me to keep a more open mind, unfortunately, at the expense of coming off rather noncommital.

Anyways... All this talk of third eyes reminds me of something I threw up at the end of this thread. Too bad it died shortly thereafter.

I wish I had more to add at this time...

Originally posted on: 07.27.2006, 02:45 AM

Tidusauron12 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tidusauron12 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

PronsAmuro wrote:Reichu speaks Japanese?

Reichu, come translate for my fansub group.

You bastard....

EDIT: Hopefully someday... the understanding of Evangelion will reach a maximum.

Originally posted on: 08.03.2006, 09:31 AM

Blader5489 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Blader5489 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Random question: Can an Impact (Second or Third) occur if an Angel comes into contact with Adam?

I had always thought that the idea of Adam/Angel contact resulting in an Impact was a lie that vanished once it was revealed that Lilith, and not Adam, was the giant on the cross in Terminal Dogma. I had also never understood as to how contact between Adam and an Angel could wipe out humanity (i.e. erase all AT Fields).

But then again, there are quite a few things that support the idea of Adam/Angel contact creating an Impact (Kaworu not wanting to kill everyone by merging with Adam, Misato's revelation about 2I, and section 21-C of the CI).

So I'm just wondering what the consensus is right now: Can contact between Adam and an Angel create an Impact?

Originally posted on: 08.06.2006, 12:35 PM

Hekym [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hekym [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

I'm royally confused about this too. To make a long post short, was EVA-01 a clone of Lilith or Adam, and if it was a clone of Lilith, why the Monkey would it start third impact? Or was the Angelic material Rei's human component?

Originally posted on: 08.06.2006, 01:59 PM

TS-Scorpio [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TS-Scorpio [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Hekym wrote:I'm royally confused about this too. To make a long post short, was EVA-01 a clone of Lilith or Adam, and if it was a clone of Lilith, why the Monkey would it start third impact? Or was the Angelic material Rei's human component?

EVA-01 was a "clone" of Lilith. It didn't, Shinji did.

Originally posted on: 08.06.2006, 03:30 PM

sheaman [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sheaman [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

If anybody wants it, here's a text file of all the information I compiled over the months...

http://mobfob.us/NGE2_CLASSIFIED.txt

Originally posted on: 08.09.2006, 10:29 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Hey, thanks. I'm trying to put the FGC permapage together; this will come in handy. Image

Originally posted on: 08.09.2006, 10:43 PM

Fazmotron [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:49 pm

Reichu wrote:"To err is human." Image

Beyond me... I've got nary a clear thought on the third eye right now (except very general things, and suspicions that it might link up in SOME way with the mysterious eyes on the ToL). Sahaquiel has a core placed at the "pupil" of vis "eye", but Lilith's setup just looks like a ordinary eye (albeit one sticking out of a vagina and with associated female genital elements).

That picture reminds me of a Family Guy episode.

Originally posted on: 09.01.2006, 06:08 AM

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”