NGE2 Classified Information

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 am

Intro

The PlayStation 2 game "Neon Genesis Evangelion(s) 2" was released in lieu with the Renewal of Evangelion project in 2003. The game itself is just a "world simulator" based on the series, but it was hyped on the basis of containing the answers to some of NGE's most perplexing mysteries. These "answers" are apparently a set of unlockable data files, "Classified Information" (Kimitsu Jouhou), isolated from the actual gameplay. As Anno-kantoku himself was interviewed extensively by the creators of the game, this information is considered second-tier canon, i.e., "trustworthy unless in conflict with the show itself".

A while back, someone on the GameFAQs forum compiled an incomplete summary of this information, which was liberally designated the "MAGI Hack Files". Although useful because it was all that we had, the fact that it was neither complete nor a proper translation was extremely frustrating. It was only a couple of months ago that I finally managed to locate a full transcription in the original Japanese, via serendipitous Googling. (Go figure.)

ANFers rockthing and Ornette executed an initial translation of the Classified Information. The former is over in Japan and has familiarity with the language, and Ornette acted as an editor of sorts. ("WTF is that supposed to mean?") I would like to extent my warmest thanks to both of you (and Hiromi Image ) for torturing yourselves with this project. Having a groundwork and "second opinion" is an invaluable resource for me: I can figure out a lot of the Japanese used in NGE materials, although proper translations are very time-consuming, and I run into my fair share of snags. (A learning process, like anything else.)

I am currently going over the original Japanese myself and referencing rockthing's translation to compile a refined "synthesis" that aims to minimize Engrish while preserving the relayed information as accurately as possible. However, since a translation has its limits, I hope for the completed work ?- which will be hosted at FGC -- to include, as appropriate, translation notes for the benefit of those unfamiliar, or largely so, with Japanese.

This thread will be used to introduce the data files as I process them. Subsequent discussion may help fine-tune the translations further and determine where notes are needed.

Contents

Data files are included for the following categories:

1. The Development of Eva
2. Eva Unit 01
3. The Second Children
4. Yui Ikari
5. Gendo Ikari
6. Special Agency Nerv
7. Marduk Institute
8. Gendo's Ambitions
9. The History of Nerv
10. Contents of the Human Instrumentality Project
11. Gehirn
12. Seele
13. A.T. Field
14. S2 Engine
15. Angel
16. Adam
17. Dead Sea Scrolls
18. First Ancestral Race
19. The Second Angel
20. Second Impact
21. Third Impact
22. The Spear of Longinus
23. Dummy Plug
24. Geofront

Each heading has four individual files, labeled according to -- judging from context -- "security level".

Level 1: Publicly Released Information
Level 2: Generally Recognized Information
Level 3: Confidential Information
Level 4: In-Depth Information

However, for ease of referencing specific files, we'll simply designate these A, B, C, and D. Ergo, the In-Depth Information file for "First Ancestral Race" would be, in shorthand, "18-D".

Since the journey of 24 x 4 data files has to begin somewhere, I'll start off by giving you what I've cooked up for the first three categories. More will come as energies permit. Please remember that I am overworked and unpaid. Ergo, unless you give me lots of money or something, "goodiness will come as it will". </irony>

Entries marked with * have footnotes by me.

1. The Development of Eva (Eva no Kouzou)

A. Publicly Released Information

The multipurpose humanoid decisive battle weapons developed by Nerv for use in combat against the Angels. They operate on electric power supplied via cable. The internal battery is only good for 5 minutes.

B. Generally Recognized Information

Clonally regenerated from the First Angel, who was discovered at the South Pole in the year 2000. The significance of this is that Evas have features in common with the Angels. One example is the A.T. Field, which can manipulate a physical domain. Evas differ from Angels in that they lack both S2 Engines and souls.*

C. Confidential Information

An Eva is a vessel for a soul that has abandoned human form, and a magnification of the self, i.e., the embodiment of a large human being. Attempts were made to operate Evas, but souls were not placed within them, and the entry of a soul was essential. The soul that enters an Eva is called a pilot. However, it takes more than a pilot to make Eva move. Perhaps the pilot cannot properly utilize the Eva's capabilities.*

D. In-Depth Information

An Eva combines the body of a god and the soul of a human being. To bridge the gap between the two, a unit called a "core" is utilized. The soul of the pilot's mother, which is contained within the core, acts as a medium and makes piloting possible.*

Due to difficulties encountered in the development of EVA-00, the core's system is poorly constructed, and she falls behind in performance capacity as a result. Another reason for her inferiority is that EVA-00's pilot, Rei, does not have a mother.

2. Eva Unit 01 (Eva Shogouki)

The pilot is the Third Children, Shinji Ikari. This is the Evangelion Test Type.

During the development process of EVA-01, Shinji's mother, Yui Ikari, became the test subject for the Contact Experiment at her own request. She carried out the experiment with EVA-01 in 2004, but not without losing her life.

Normally, in order for the pilot to link with the Eva's core, the soul of the pilot's mother must be contained within. In the case of EVA-01, it is Yui's soul.

D. In-Depth Information

As Gendo has already exhibited signs of treachery, his son's status as the pilot of EVA-01 is, in Seele's eyes, particularly dangerous. This is because Seele believe that the immortal soul should come into existence only on their terms. However, Gendo has his own plans for attaining divinity, which he hopes to fulfill using EVA-01.*

3. The Second Children

Asuka Langley Soryu is the pilot of Eva Unit 02. Although her nationality is American, she is 1/4 German and 1/4 Japanese. She graduated from a German university at the age of fourteen.

Asuka's mother, Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu, carried out the Contact Experiment with Eva. As a result, she fell prey to a mental illness so severe that she could no longer recognize her own daughter.

Not long after her mother's Contact Experiment with the Eva, Asuka was selected by the Marduk Institute to be the pilot of EVA-02.

D. In-Depth Information

When Asuka's mother carried out the experiment with the Eva's core, only part of her soul -- the maternal component that loves her daughter above all else -- remained within Eva Unit 02. This is the reason why she could not recognize her daughter.

Footnotes for 1~3

Due to ANF limits on post size conflicting with my latest, slightly expansive revision, these have been displaced to Post #3.

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 12:56 AM

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Reichu wrote:B. Generally Recognized Information

Asuka's mother, Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu, carried out the Contact Experiment with Eva. As a result, she fell prey to a mental illness so severe that she could not longer recognize her own daughter.

Just a small nitpicky thing.

The bit from 1-C sounds a little weird... actually, after reading over that bit a few times it makes sense (the pilot/eva part I mean).

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 01:25 AM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

EDIT: I was revising the first post and adding notes, but the dratted thing went into overflow. Hence, the notes have been displaced to the next best post.

Footnotes for 1~3

General: "Eva" is treated as a regular Japanese noun, so we get all of the vagueries involved. When a specific Eva is referenced, that makes deciding upon an English wording much easier. Depending on whim, I use articles and inflection ("an Eva", "Evas", etc.), but, othertimes, I use "Eva", unadorned and unchanged, in a general sense. "Here we can see Eva in her natural habitat..."

1-B: "One example is the A.T. Field, which..." is a bit I'm having trouble articulating. It involves "affecting / having influence on / manipulating" + "physical field/realm/space", with a pesky particle that is, according to Barrett (@AnimeLyrics.com), "demonstrating that ATFields have influence over something you might not expect (physical space), as well as on other unstated things that you would expect (like for example, physical objects)". I'm going to get my head around this, one way or the other!

Regarding this "(those who are) clonally regenerated from..." ("...o moto ni clone saisei shita mono de aru") business... Barrett suggested that this simply be abbreviated to "cloned from", but, before I do that, I want to make sure that there isn't any nuance that would be lost. It does sound a bit dodgy as it currently stands, I'll give you that. Image

1-C: Everything in the first sentence not relating to the "vessel function" rather confuzzles me. What does it mean? "You tell me, man. I only work here." FYI, "self" is jiga, which is also used (AFAIK) for the "ego" of psychoanalysis.

In the last sentence, "pilot" and "Eva" actually aren't mentioned, only implied; Japanese loves to do this. (And when they aren't being excruciatingly vague about who is doing what and to whom, they are being excruciatingly repetitive. Sometimes.)

1-D: I need to check something about that first sentence. Watch this space.

2-D: "Kami. Kami is the word that I hate." I babble a little about it here.

"Immortal soul" is "kami no tamashii"; this could be translated in a number of ways, such as "soul of god", with interpretational allowances made for those pesky articles and plurals that don't exist in Japanese. (Or, in the latter case, not usually.) Keep this in mind. However, I went with what rockthing cooked up, because I thought it sounded nice. (Nice and Seele...) Gendo's "divinity", similarly, makes references to achieving the status of that all-ambiguous "kami" ("kami ni shiyou to kuwadatete iru"). Whatever the hell it means in NGE, immortality seems to be involved, but the specifics still need to be worked out. Curse you, Anno, throwing these annoying words at us! Image (This isn't the only one that irks me to the Seventh Layer of Hell.)

--Contents of original post start here--

Ornette wrote:Just a small nitpicky thing.

"Oh crap."

The bit from 1-C sounds a little weird... actually, after reading over that bit a few times it makes sense (the pilot/eva part I mean).

Which part specifically? "Magnify your ego! Become an Eva today!" Or, wait, are you talking about the last one? "Perhaps this is because pilots suck."

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 01:37 AM

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Reichu wrote:Which part specifically? "Magnify your ego! Become an Eva today!" Or, wait, are you talking about the last one? "Perhaps this is because pilots suck."

Yeah, the last one, but I think it's fine the way it is. It was mostly this:
The soul that enters an Eva is called a pilot.

I had always assumed they meant the soul that the eva required was the "mother", but in the context of the rest of that section it makes sense. Also I think the source that we used may have had sentences missing from that section.

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 02:13 AM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Ornette wrote:I had always assumed they meant the soul that the eva required was the "mother", but in the context of the rest of that section it makes sense.

As far as I can tell, it fits in with the show, too. The Eva soul/pilot stuff is complicated, but this is bringing one of Rei's rather enigmatic comments into focus: namely, "Entry plug, the throne of a soul".

Also I think the source that we used may have had sentences missing from that section.

Oh, you weren't mistaken. The line just says "This is called a/the pilot" (Kore o pilot to iu), but, looking at the way I worded the translation of the previous line, I thought, "someone who's reading this might be scratching their head over what 'this' is", hence the change.

But I'm guessing everything is going to be tweaked to Kingdom Come before it's all finished. "This is a work in progress."

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 02:28 AM

Scutilla [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Scutilla [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Awesome work- I look forward to the rest of it.

Reichu wrote:Due to difficulties encountered in the development of EVA-00, the core's system is poorly constructed, and she falls behind in performance capacity as a result. Another reason for her inferiority is that EVA-00's pilot, Rei, does not have a mother.

Interesting... does this affect the argument that Rei I/Lilith is in Eva-00 (either positively or negatively)?

Reichu wrote:As Gendo has already exhibited signs of treachery, the fact that Gendo's son is the pilot of EVA-01 is, in Seele's eyes, particularly dangerous. This is because Seele believe that the immortal soul should come into existence only on their terms. However, Gendo has his own plans for attaining godhood, which he hopes to fulfill using EVA-01.*

I think in this case the "immortal soul" refers to the SoL involved in Instrumentality/Third Impact. Obviously in the scenario that occured in EoE the immortal soul would be GNR/Lilith (or perhaps both Adam and Lilith), I'm not sure what Seele or Gendo intended it to be since we never get to see how their scenarios would play out (instead we see the two of them mushed together, combined through Rei's own initiative).

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 10:52 AM

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Scutilla wrote:Interesting... does this affect the argument that Rei I/Lilith is in Eva-00 (either positively or negatively)?

You tell me... Image
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewt...=545256#545256

edit: to make it easier to reply, here's the gist of that post:
shin-seiki wrote:IMO, the most intersting tidbit in what I posted so far was this: Quote: In the case of Asuka's mother's experiment with the EVA's core, a portion of her soul, only that part that, as a mother, loves her daughter most of all, remained in EVA Unit-02. Because of that, it became impossible for her mother to recognize Asuka as her daughter.

This is straight confirmation that a soul is 'splittable', and capable of existing in two different beings at once. Think about how that may relate to this:
Unit-00 is of inferior efficiency, since it's core system is not well made, having had a troubled development. Moreover, Rei, the pilot of Unit-00, has no mother.

Consider what Shinji sees in Unit-00 in #14:

and that this "bug-eyed Rei"...

...is specifically identified in the Renewal script for #25 as "Rei I".

In light of what is said about Kyoko's soul being partially taken into Unit-02, did something similar happen with Rei and Unit-00? Did a part of Rei's soul, that part that held a grudge against anyone named Akagi, end up in Unit-00?

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 11:35 AM

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Facinating stuff, not least in the way it may vindicate those scorned for "going to deep". Perhaps we haven't simply been creating castles out of the air.

Just a small question though on the "clonal regeneration" translation. By clon-[b]al[/], do you mean that the translation essential said the Evas were only "like" clones, and were not in fact clones? Do you have the translation notes for this phrase handy?

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 03:02 PM

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Shin-Seiki wrote:This is straight confirmation that a soul is 'splittable', and capable of existing in two different beings at once.

Ahh, it's good to see direct confirmation from authoritative sources of some of the theories that we've believed to be true for years... I'm still a lot dubious about what (if anything) can be drawn out of the rest of these documents, but that goes to show that something that was always believed, but could never really be confirmed, is really true.

OMF wrote:Facinating stuff, not least in the way it may vindicate those scorned for "going to deep". Perhaps we haven't simply been creating castles out of the air.

That judgement is still to be made on a case-by-case basis. Some of the theories which have been put forward in this group of fans still strike me as the worst variety of unsupported speculation, or worse.

Just a small question though on the "clonal regeneration" translation. By clon-[b]al[/], do you mean that the translation essential said the Evas were only "like" clones, and were not in fact clones? Do you have the translation notes for this phrase handy?

It's also possible that this word "clonal" means "of, or pertaining to, clones". I can see where you're probably going with this, and I ask you politely to not pollute this thread with such things. Quote, cross-reference, and pick up the debate in a more appropriate thread.

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 04:12 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

OMF wrote:Facinating stuff, not least in the way it may vindicate those scorned for "going to deep". Perhaps we haven't simply been creating castles out of the air.

If it floats, it floats. "We don't need anyone's approval but NGE's own!"

Just a small question though on the "clonal regeneration" translation. By clon-al, do you mean that the translation essential said the Evas were only "like" clones, and were not in fact clones? Do you have the translation notes for this phrase handy?

It's "clone" + "saisei" (SpaceAlc, one of my bestest friends). When one noun appears in front of another with no particle separating the two, the first can be "interpreted into" an adjective in translation, since it's just kind of understood. "Clonal" is the adjective form of "clone", so that's what I used. But, looking at the Japanese again, I see something else attached to the clone saisei that I glossed over... (Probably because it's one of those structures that my brain is still trying to grasp. "Mono! Koto! I hate you both!") I'll make a revision once I investigate.

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 05:24 PM

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

Reichu wrote:When Asuka's mother carried out the experiment with the Eva's core, only part of her soul -- the maternal component that loves her daughter above all else -- remained within Eva Unit 02. This is the reason why she could not recognize her daughter.

O.K, so Eva Unit-01 has all of Yui's soul. Unit-02 has part of Kyoko's soul (as I suspected all along). So, the BIG QUESTION is: Does Rei have all or just part of Lilith's soul?

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 08:37 PM

PronsAmuro [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PronsAmuro [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

I'd love to play it, maybe one of the shadier Eva forum members can PM me with a torrent link.

- Evil man

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 08:38 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

thewayneiac wrote:O.K, so Eva Unit-01 has all of Yui's soul. Unit-02 has part of Kyoko's soul (as I suspected all along).

The "Please die with me!" that we get before Kyoko appears to Asuka in #25' seems to imply that they put her back together after she killed herself. Notice that file 3-D is only in reference to what happened at the time of the CE itself and the immediate aftermath.

So, the BIG QUESTION is: Does Rei have all or just part of Lilith's soul?

The vital essence of it, by the looks of things, but accompanied by nothing more than a vague sense of original self. After Rei 3 fuses with the body of her origin, we are dealt what seems to be a rather different person... The implications are that we are hearing from Lilith proper, in touch with her billions of years, just appearing and speaking through her Lilim avatar:

...although the Shekinah form never actually talks*, and only looks like "Rei proper" once:

* Only Illuminates (= ATF Speak) ... or eerily vocalizes upon awakening.

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 09:07 PM

Cesternino53 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cesternino53 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:11 am

This is excellent! There are likely to be several lively(well, you know...) discussions that stem from all this. I'm particularly looking forword to the bit about 2I and 3I. Especially 3I, because I want to find out for sure the differences between Gendo and Keel's 3I. Of course, the rest will be interesting too. Breal all next week, so I should have plenty of time to go over Eva again.

I am surprised that there are not seperate sections for Rei and Kawrou. Thosr two, along with Yui(who does have her own section) seem to tie everything together, in many ways.

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 10:16 PM

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Cesternino53 wrote:TI'm particularly looking forword to the bit about 2I and 3I. Especially 3I, because I want to find out for sure the differences between Gendo and Keel's 3I.

"I'd rather die than tell you everything!" ~Anno

I am surprised that there are not seperate sections for Rei and Kaworu. Those two, along with Yui(who does have her own section) seem to tie everything together, in many ways.

Well, who are Kaworu and Rei... deep down inside?

16. Adam
19. The Second Angel

But Yui's so cool that she gets one section for each incarnation of herself.

Speaking of Yui... [Edit: I've also added sections 5 through 7.]

4. Yui Ikari

The mother of Shinji Ikari, and Gendo's wife. She was 27 years old at the time of her death in 2004.

Yui Ikari was a brilliant genetic engineer and an authority in her field. In the year 2004, she performed the Contact Experiment on EVA-01 (who was under development) and allegedly died during it.

By becoming the test subject for the Contact Experiment, Yui could let her soul inhabit EVA-01. Shinji also became the pilot of EVA-01 because Yui's soul dwells within.

D. In-Depth Information

Yui is the daughter of an influential member of Seele, and, accordingly, was in the position of being able to understand their plans. Gendo, knowing this, became acquainted with her.

5. Gendo Ikari

Commander in Chief of Nerv and Shinji Ikari's father. A cool-headed personality who will use any means necessary to achieve his goals. His subordinates find him somewhat difficult to deal with.

Served the formerly existing entity, Gehirn, as the chief of the Artificial Evolution Laboratory. He employs his gift for manipulating information and concealing his handiwork in order to actively acquire funding for Nerv's administration.

Married Yui Ikari, who has connections with Seele, so that he could become a member himself. He held consecutive posts as the Executive Chief of Operations (among other things) for Project E, the Human Instrumentality Project, and Nerv. Not long after he became a member of Seele, he headed for the South Pole to be an auditor for the Katsuragi Investigation Team.

D. In-Depth Information

Gendo's goals, like Seele's, are the annihilation of the Angels and the Human Instrumentality Project ?- but, for him, this means reuniting with the deceased Yui. He is constantly on his toes so as not to betray the treachery he has in mind. Seele keep a close eye on him and issue threats as needed.

6. Special Agency Nerv

A special agency under the direct supervision of the United Nations. Its objectives are to investigate, study, and eliminate the Angels. Nerv's headquarters are in Tokyo-3, the 1st and 2nd Branches are in America, and the 3rd Branch is in Germany.

The relationship between the government and Nerv leaves much to be desired, as the former believe that Nerv are responsible for the coming of the Angels. The Human Instrumentality Committee, a small organization within the UN, holds approval authority over Nerv's budget.

One of Nerv's goals is to annihilate the Angels, but they are also aiming for the evolution of humanity ?- in other words, the path to divinity. Eva is the key to achieving both goals.

D. In-Depth Information

Nerv Headquarters was constructed inside the Black Moon containing Lilith. The Angels are all heading for Nerv H.Q. so that they can make contact with Lilith, the white giant in Terminal Dogma. They were aiming for her from the start, not Adam.

7. Marduk Institute

Data unavailable.

An advisory body under the direct supervision of the Human Instrumentality Committee, established for the purpose of selecting Eva pilots. It operates secretly, and the truth behind the organization is unclear.

The Marduk Institute is comprised of 108 associated companies, all dummies; in essence, the organization does not exist. Reports filed from the Marduk Institute to Nerv are, in truth, being prepared within Nerv itself.

D. In-Depth Information

The selection of candidates by the Marduk Institute is considered a necessary ruse. This is so that it is not outwardly apparent that Gendo is choosing candidates at his own discretion.

Footnotes for 4~7

6-C. The "evolution of humanity" is, here, equated to the "path to divinity". It's literally worded with an "equals" sign: jinrui no shinkou = kami e no michi. (The latter part ought to look familiar by now.) The NGE2 stuff does this a lot.

The second sentence is actually two, but I can't figure on anything that doesn't sound long and Engrishy. ("The achievement of both goals will be carried out due to a single key's existence. And that is Eva." Ewwww.)

6-D. I have some questions about "from the start" (hajime kara) and if there is anything "implied, but unspoken" about it. Currently investigating that, along with one other bit. Entry shall be thoroughly rewritten after that.

7-D. "Candidate", here, is tekininsha 適格者, "an eligible or qualified person". Tekininsha is used interchangeably with the word "Children".

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 10:56 PM

Scutilla [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Scutilla [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:12 am

Reichu wrote:Yui was the child of a prominent figure in Seele, and, accordingly, was in the position of being able to understand their plans. Gendo, knowing this, became acquainted with her.

Interesting, I don't remember ever hearing anything about Yui's parents.

Now all we need is for Seele08 to speculate as to which council member is Shinji's grandpa/ma Image

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 11:31 PM

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:12 am

Well according to any actual cannon information given within the show we don't know. Yui's parents are never mentioned. But if he/she is they aren't a member of the commitee, as none of them originate in Japan.

Originally posted on: 03.06.2006, 11:49 PM

HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby HeWhoPostsStuff [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:12 am

Reichu wrote:"Magnify your ego! Become an Eva today!"

*makes vain attempt to fight off mental image of Eva-01 in an Uncle Sam hat, on an "I Want YOU!"-style poster*

Originally posted on: 03.07.2006, 01:25 AM

Shao [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shao [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:14 am

Reichu wrote:"I'd rather die than tell you everything!" ~Anno

Well, who are Kaworu and Rei... deep down inside?

16. Adam
19. The Second Angel

But Yui's so cool that she gets one section for each incarnation of herself.

Speaking of Yui...

4. Yui Ikari

The mother of Shinji Ikari, and Gendo's wife. She was 27 years old at the time of her death in 2004.

Yui Ikari was a brilliant genetic engineer and an authority in her field. In the year 2004, she performed the Contact Experiment on EVA-01 (who was under development) and allegedly died during it.

By becoming the test subject for the Contact Experiment, Yui could let her soul inhabit EVA-01. Shinji also became the pilot of EVA-01 because Yui's soul dwells within.

D. In-Depth Information

Yui was the child of a prominent figure in Seele, and, accordingly, was in the position of being able to understand their plans. Gendo, knowing this, became acquainted with her.

Where did you get the info from?

Originally posted on: 03.07.2006, 09:03 AM

Soluzar [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:14 am

Shao wrote:Where did you get the info from?

In the first post of this topic, it is stated that this information comes from the game "Shin-Seiki Evangelions 2" on PS2. It was advertised at the release of this game that this information was gathered from a series of interviews with Anno himself.

Reichu has been translating it.

Originally posted on: 03.07.2006, 10:41 AM

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”