Evangelion Clue is Complete! (spoiler-free)

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LuigiHann [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:05 am

Here it is. I changed the logo so you can play with your friends who haven't seen whose death we're investigating For obvious reasons, you'll want to print this onto thick paper, especially the cards. Hopefully the little monolith peices are self-explanatory enough, just cut them out, fold them, and glue the tab to the inside. They should stand up by themselves, but you might want to glue them onto some kind of flat round thing to weigh them down so they balance better.
ImageImage
There's some overlap between the two halves so it shouldn't be too hard to glue them together. Just make sure you print both halves the same way, and they should match up. It'll come out pretty small on 8.5x11 paper so maybe you'll want to take it to Kinko's or whatever and have them print it poster size.
Use that one if you have some way to print it as one big poster, or if for some reason you want it reeeeally really tiny.
Annnnd, the cards:
If you don't have any thick paper to print the cards on, maybe glue some construction paper or something to the back before you cut them out; it's important that you can't see through the cards. Also, make sure they're close to the same size and shape, again, so you can't tell which is which from behind.
And I think that's it! I'm going to make a PDF file with built-in instructions, but I figure you guys can handle it as-is. Thanks for the support!
If anybody has the means to either program this as a computer game, or a site online that lets you sell... custom board games, let me know.

Edit: PDF Version is up!
no pdfs! (includes the OMG spoiler that nobody here cares about.) Share this link with everyone, please.
Includes:
-Both halves of the board, with spoiler-free logo
-Weapon tokens
-Suspect Pawns
-All cards
-"Case File" folder
-Alternate spoiler-version logo
-2 Alternate Keel monoliths
-Eva Clue Die
-Notepads
-Assembly Instructions
-Gameplay Instructions

Update again: Extra Large Version
I'm done now, I swear!

Edit: Know what? Screw PDFs. Let me know if you want the zip of all necessary images.
*likely to not be as final as I'd hope, given the trend.

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 02:42 AM

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:05 am

LuigiHann wrote:If anybody has the means to either program this as a computer game

I can probably make a multiplayer web-driven version (not promising anything!) but it'll probably be crappy and full of bugs.

Edit: Also, I dunno if you can sell this, since the characters and stuff are licensed by Gainax. But it looks awesome tho.

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 04:29 AM

Gboz [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gboz [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

That is amazing!

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 04:49 AM

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

What's with the little numbers/letters on the monoliths. Shouldn't Keel's say 01 instead of 08?
But this is amazing, you've put a lot of work into this thing and it looks great. Now I want Evangelion Candy Land!

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 08:26 AM

zuggy [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby zuggy [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

Wow, this has all come together really nicely. I can see people playing this before/after conventions with their friends. How many hours do you think you needed to make this?

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 09:34 AM

The Eva Monkey [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

*Two Thumbs Up*

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 10:08 AM

Scutilla [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Scutilla [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

That's just great, and impressive that you got it done so quickly.

Three things:
1) I like it better when it was "Who Killed *SPOILER CENSOR*?"... gives it a bit more flavor, IMO- plus the only people I'll probably play with know the series frontwards and back.
2) So, anyone know where those of us who haven't played Clue in ages can find an online copy of the rules? :embarrassed:
3) Is anyone else curious why Gendo has a secret passage in his office to get to Misato's apartment? >.>

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 11:21 AM

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

http://www.gameroom.com/gamebits/RUL...993_Rules.html

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 11:29 AM

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

It's been years since I've played clue I'm gonna have to break out the Clue bored over the summer.

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 11:30 AM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LuigiHann [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

Ornette wrote:Also, I dunno if you can sell this, since the characters and stuff are licensed by Gainax. But it looks awesome tho.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the other thread. I figure I might be able to get away with a cafepress type printing where I sell like, 7 of them, though. Image
Seele08 wrote:Shouldn't Keel's say 01 instead of 08?

Dangit! You and your misleading name... Which one is 08, then? I knew I should have just left him as KL...

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 11:46 AM

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

LuigiHann wrote:Yeah, I mentioned that in the other thread. I figure I might be able to get away with a cafepress type printing where I sell like, 7 of them, though. Image

Dangit! You and your misleading name... Which one is 08, then? I knew I should have just left him as KL...

SEELE08 hasn't been assigned to any of the visible SEELE members which is why I picked it.
Keel is SEELE 01
and the manga has the commiteemen shown as
"Teddy"=SEELE 09
"Vlad"=SEELE 11
"Peirre"=SEELE 06
"Nigel"=SEELE 04

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 11:49 AM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Ohhh, I see. Well, it'll be fixed one way or the other in the PDF version, I think.

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 11:52 AM

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

A PDF version is a good idea. Even though I usually dislike PDFs (Purdue really loves them and doesn't know when they are appropriate and when they aren't) but this would be an ideal form to "market" it as such.

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 11:55 AM

Supercat [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Supercat [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

Scutilla wrote:That's just great, and impressive that you got it done so quickly.

Three things:
1) I like it better when it was "Who Killed *SPOILER CENSOR*?"... gives it a bit more flavor, IMO- plus the only people I'll probably play with know the series frontwards and back.
2) So, anyone know where those of us who haven't played Clue in ages can find an online copy of the rules? :embarrassed:
3) Is anyone else curious why Gendo has a secret passage in his office to get to Misato's apartment? >.>

Yeah, agreed on point number one. I mean, after all, why would you be playing Evangelion clue if you weren't already something of a fan? Plus, it definitely adds humor to have the "Who killed *GAAHSPOILER*?", rather than just "Clue, Evangelion Edition." It's gotta be mentioned at least somewhere that this game is about said dead person... I mean, that's how this all started, isn't it?

Though, honestly, I'm not complaining. This is really, really awesome. I actually really want to play this game. Oh, which reminds me... In normal Clue, the box comes with a bunch of little sheets of paper with all the locations, weapons, and suspects in boxes so you can cross them out when you figure out they are no longer suspect. It's a little bit hard to describe, but if you've played Clue, you might know what I'm talking about. I'll scan one if people are confused. Well, anyway, is there any chance of you making one of those, or are we just going to have to fend for ourselves in that department if we ever want to play this game, as I plan to? It's not too important, just a nice little detail. Oh, and that reminds me, there's also a little pouch where you put the actual murderer, weapon, and room in the center of the board; it's got "Case File, COnfidential" written on it. Will that also be included, or should we just make one of our own? That's also kind of a small detail, but it would be cool.

And one last question (sorry for baraging you with them): Are the two pieces of the board printable in two separate sheets of paper, as in, are they the right size?

EDIT: Gaaah, I'm sorry, one last thing: So, are the backs of the cards just blank?

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 12:37 PM

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

You could buy the real clue game and print out the board (correct sizing it possibly) and just paste it to the back of the existing board. Then you'll have all the pieces plus the little confidential pouch!

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 12:53 PM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

I'm actually working on that stuff right now, It'll be up in a bit.
Where can I easily upload a PDF file?

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 01:19 PM

zuggy [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby zuggy [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

You can upload PDFs here: http://www.rapidshare.de/

You should be able to make a free account and upload to a certain limit (unless they changed that recently).

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 02:47 PM

LuigiHann [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby LuigiHann [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:09 am

Thanks! Here you go, everybody:
no pdfs! (includes the OMG spoiler that nobody here cares about.) Share this link with everyone, please.
Includes:
-Both halves of the board, with spoiler-free logo
-Weapon tokens
-Suspect Pawns
-All cards
-"Case File" folder
-Alternate spoiler-version logo
-2 Alternate Keel monoliths
-Eva Clue Die
-Notepads
-Assembly Instructions
-Gameplay Instructions

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 03:05 PM

Polaryzed_123 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Polaryzed_123 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:09 am

Awesome! Now I just need to find someone to play with.... Image

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 03:48 PM

Scutilla [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Scutilla [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:09 am

"Too many users downloading right now. Please try again later or get a PREMIUM-Account"

Image_

EDIT: Never mind, got it. Great work on the additional content- I love some of the humorous comments in the rules. ("Just like on the forums!")

Originally posted on: 04.20.2006, 04:14 PM

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”