Reichu explains it all...

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Gaizokubanou [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Gaizokubanou [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:37 pm

Oooo I wanna watch renewal now... Anyway what's up with the last three pics Reichu? They are so blurry. Where did they come from?

BTW, what happen to Live Action Eva thread?

Originally posted on: 23-Jan-2004, 21:33 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:37 pm

Gaizokubanou wrote:Anyway what's up with the last three pics Reichu? They are so blurry. Where did they come from?

It's a vague drawing of Shogouki being grown from Lilith, originally from #23' (one of many images superimposed over the tank of Rei clone bodies while Ritsuko is talking about Adam, Eva, and Rei). All of the images were removed from the Renewal version of #23' and can now only be found in the Full-Size OP on the "TEST TYPE" DVD, from which those three screenshots were captured. (I don't own the DVD myself; someone else gratiously took the screen captures for me.) Although Rei clones are no longer obscuring the view, as it were, the images still have this watery distortion effect applied to them -- which is why I can't composite the Shogouki-Lilith scene into one image as I did with the Eva Graveyard. ( :bawling: ) Also probably explains the "blurry" quality.

BTW, what happen to Live Action Eva thread?

I was wondering that myself... Ask Sharp-kun, he should know.

Originally posted on: 23-Jan-2004, 21:56 GMT

Incisivis [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:38 pm

You people are freaking amazing.

Now I'll just go back to wasting oxygen. Image

Originally posted on: 24-Jan-2004, 01:42 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:38 pm

Yui: It's easy to exterminate people.
Fuyutsuki: Still, that's no reason for you to become a test subject

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that part indicate that Yui is just being paranoid, and that refusing to be a test subject won't guarantee a death sentence?

Actually, now that I think about it, she seems to be volunteering to protect her son's life, not her own. Could SEELE be threatening to kill Shinji?

Originally posted on: 29-Jan-2004, 22:56 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:38 pm

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that part indicate that Yui is just being paranoid, and that refusing to be a test subject won't guarantee a death sentence?

Paranoia seems rather un-Yui-like.

Actually, now that I think about it, she seems to be volunteering to protect her son's life, not her own. Could SEELE be threatening to kill Shinji?

I'm not quite sure where you're getting that idea. Yui is the one whose interests oppose those of SEELE's. Being as she was among GEHIRN's elite, she posed quite a threat to SEELE's scenario. "Eliminate" her, problem solved. If she's inside one of the Evas required for SEELE's scenario, getting rid of her ain't so easy.

As far as her "volunteering to protect her son's life"... My impression is that Yui is interested in protecting the future of life on Earth, and Shinji represents her personal investment on that end, being her progeny and all. That could be a flawed accessment, of course.

Originally posted on: 30-Jan-2004, 00:25 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:Paranoia seems rather un-Yui-like.

Same with eating Angels, but she still does it Image

Anyway... I've been a little sleep-deprived today, so any conclusions that I've come to during the past 18 hours are probably whack. I stand by everything I've said that I came up with before today, though.

Originally posted on: 30-Jan-2004, 06:36 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:I stand by everything I've said that I came up with before today, though.

Yeah, I thought I had NGE figured out at one point, myself.

Turned out I was totally mistaken.

Originally posted on: 30-Jan-2004, 11:51 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Sharp-kun wrote:She presumably knows that if she goes into EVA-01, Shinji will be the only one who can pilot it. By being there, when he's piloting, she is protecting him, as demonstrated several times.

Still, I would think that is but one motivation out of many for becoming EVA-01's soul. Or joining GEHIRN/SEELE, for that matter.

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:Same with eating Angels, but she still does it Image

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. Besides, after getting all of her energy solely from electricity (and occassionally her own mysterious means) for all that time, you can't blame a girl for missing the good ol' feeling of a full stomach. Image

Originally posted on: 30-Jan-2004, 15:01 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Maybe, but couldn't she at least use her fingers instead of sticking her face in the Angel's guts? I know that being a giant killer robot for ten years can have an adverse effect on your table manners, but still... Image

Originally posted on: 01-Feb-2004, 01:29 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:Maybe, but couldn't she at least use her fingers instead of sticking her face in the Angel's guts? I know that being a giant killer robot for ten years can have an adverse effect on your table manners, but still... Image

Yui became a robot? When? Image

Originally posted on: 01-Feb-2004, 12:59 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Okay, fine, she became the soul of a giant synthetic lifeform that looks like a robot and runs off electricity. Is that better?

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2004, 01:30 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:39 pm

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:Okay, fine, she became the soul of a giant synthetic lifeform that looks like a robot and runs off electricity. Is that better?

Where you see a "robot", I see a gracile entity with finely sculpted muscles, beautiful emerald eyes, chocolate-brown skin, and a pearly white smile. Image

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2004, 01:45 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:39 pm

You sick bastard.

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2004, 02:26 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:You sick bastard.

Tsk. You're simply no fun at all.

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2004, 04:01 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Geh?! What's a thread named after me doing on the third page? I'd say it's time for a bump. :bump:

Now, I'm really going to go to sleep. Honest. :whispers into Fuzzy Chickens' ear: And I'm going to dream about Yui's sexy Eva bod. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Originally posted on: 26-Feb-2004, 07:24 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:39 pm

Dammit, where's a Vomit emoticon when you need one....

Originally posted on: 27-Feb-2004, 04:49 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Fuzzy Chickens wrote:Dammit, where's a Vomit emoticon when you need one....

Oh, what a shame you weren't here when I was torturing the forum-goers with my Nekkid Eva drawings. I'll have to start doing that again. Image

Originally posted on: 27-Feb-2004, 12:02 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:39 pm

Reichu wrote:Also interesting is Yui's choice of Eva. There surely must have been fully mature Eva bodies lying around in GEHIRN's basement, yet she chose the one that was being grown from Lilith, not a GSF of Adam. (The choice to grow an Eva straight out of Lilith in the first place is still something that hopelessly boggles me.) Is this because having a body made directly from Lilith would give Yui's future self advantages in 'preventing the final disaster' that she wouldn't otherwise have?

Since no one has taken a shot....Yui seems to be the "Plan Ahead" type of person. After she goes into the Eva she would have to expect them devising a way to get her out. However since it had never been done before she doesn't know what to expect. Could they forcefully pull her out? Or is it based souly on her will? She deosn't know. The advantage of using Eva-01 is that there is another soul very near. Maybe just maybe if they try to pull Yui out she can just take lilliths soul and substitute it for hers. This causes the creation of Rei.

What do you think?

Originally posted on: 29-Aug-2004, 05:11 GMT

Brigitanastasia [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Brigitanastasia [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:46 pm

I've pieced together the Eva graveyard scene from #23' (from "Renewal" caps most graciously provided to me) -- and, hmm, mighty suspicious! Has anyone identified whatever particular religious iconography is being represented there? (The interconnected circles remind me of the Sephiroticum, though from what I can tell it's not the same thing.)

This is a long shot, but it could be a biological molecule. It does sort of look to me like a fatty-acid chain, the kind that makes up cellular membranes.

Originally posted on: 30-Aug-2004, 07:43 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:46 pm

Brigitanastasia wrote:This is a long shot, but it could be a biological molecule. It does sort of look to me like a fatty-acid chain, the kind that makes up cellular membranes.

If you can find any pictures that support this idea, by all means, we'd love to see them!

Originally posted on: 30-Aug-2004, 11:34 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”