Who designed the Geofront?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:17 am

well, their appearances (eyes, horns, etc) have to do with some demon princes...or something...riders of the apocalypse?

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:15 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:well, their appearances (eyes, horns, etc) have to do with some demon princes...or something...riders of the apocalypse?

Actually this was a fan inspired rumor--there is not any mention of these four demons in any biblical/theological work to speak of--apparently it was a very successful internet prank...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:01 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:well, their appearances (eyes, horns, etc) have to do with some demon princes...or something...riders of the apocalypse?

i think i remember in one of the Evangelions,our obelisks wrote something like this somewhere..not too sure though..i think it was about Satan or his demons..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:25 pm

Well if demons look that kool sign me up! I think they might have some symbolic meaning.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:03 am

bp32 wrote:Actually this was a fan inspired rumor--there is not any mention of these four demons in any biblical/theological work to speak of--apparently it was a very successful internet prank...

Indeed. There was a thread on the other forum about it here.

In other words, don't spread this bullcrap around unless you can succeed where all others have failed and actually find this stuff mentioned in a source that has absolutely nothing to do with NGE. Rumors suck.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:39 pm

bp32 wrote: Rumors suck.

I happen to make half my eva money off of rumors!! :evil:
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:00 pm

oops...sorry about that...
so the evas had nothing to do with riders of the apocalypse or anything...
there should be some symbolism in the appearance though...

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:36 am

sadsadshinji wrote:oops...sorry about that...

I thought to some degree their appearance was influenced by Japanese demons--but I can't remember...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Vodrake
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Vodrake » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:35 pm

bp32 wrote:

I thought to some degree their appearance was influenced by Japanese demons--but I can't remember...

On the death and rebirth commentry didn't it say they were (at least partially) based on babylonian gods?

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:26 pm

Vodrake wrote:
bp32 wrote:

On the death and rebirth commentry didn't it say they were (at least partially) based on babylonian gods?

I heard somthing like that also. (about the babylonian god thing)

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:34 pm

Vodrake wrote:
bp32 wrote:

I would have to go back and listen, but it is possible--although I would take anything said on the commentaries with a grain of salt...especially after listening to the commentary for EoE. Some serious bull floating around that commentary IMO...

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:23 pm

how about the geofront then...does the pyramid have any symbolism?

Gilgamesh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gilgamesh » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:43 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:how about the geofront then...does the pyramid have any symbolism?

I'd say it probably does.
A person...is a shadow which we can never penetrate, of which there can be no such thing as direct knowledge, with respect to which we form countless beliefs, based upon words and sometimes actions, neither of which can give us anything but inadequate and as it proves contradictory information-a shadow behind which we can alternately imagine, with equal justification, that there burns the flame of hatred and of love.
-Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:38 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
sadsadshinji wrote:how about the geofront then...does the pyramid have any symbolism?

I'd say it probably does.

It probilty had the symbolic meaning like the pyrimeds in egypt? Ill have to hit the book on that one.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:52 am

the cup and chalice from the da vinci code...

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”