Kickstarter games general

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Kickstarter games general

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Mon May 11, 2015 4:38 pm

by Koji Igarashi
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

Not much really needs to be said here except that CASTLEVANIA IS BACK BITCHES! (in spirit)
I backed it, might regret this later but i hope not.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon May 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Please be good. I'm trusting you Iga!

Also, David Hayter is one of the strech goals :lol:
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue May 12, 2015 3:53 am

As much as I want to play this game (but why is it not on the 3ds, damn it?!), I continue to be annoyed that kickstarter gets used this way. It's meant to be for helping NEW people get into these industries, not for established professionals and existing brands to make stuff with cash upfront and zero risk, thereby making it even harder for the little guys out there to break in.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue May 19, 2015 1:21 pm

Well. . . it's pretty much established at this point that people want a quality product, and if the person connected to a product has made good works before, the majority of people believing they'll get a good product will want to support them.

This isn't always true. But it's a fair point for comparison

Jim Sterling did a video talking about Bloodstained, and why these big names have to use kickstarter of all things to break free of the company restrictions. I recommend you check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqaMzoq0omM

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue May 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Already seen it, i watch everything by jim fucking sterling son because remember: thank GOD for jim.
Also yeah the video is very cool, i expect a golden age of gaming around the corner too.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri May 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Gaijin Goombah uses Bloodstained (and Yooka Laylee) as an example to raise concerns about the perils of publicity and crowdfunding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIn55cSEnT8

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri May 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Gajin really missed something with his MN9 comparison, one word: Dina.
I don't even need to say more (because that would lead into a whole separate issue) but that really killed a lot of the hype for the game, add onto that the fact that the game doesn't look nearly as good as what it was intended to (though im not blaming them for that, concept art is just that, a concept) and a lot of people are feeling much more "meh" for the game.

It isn't time that killed MN9's hype, its a lot of other stupid things that did.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri May 22, 2015 3:26 pm

Well that was stupid. Why would anyone NEED to be hyped for a game that's already effectively been paid for? And what exactly do you want games media to say besides "yep, still working on it"?

Besides, MN9 I'm just kinda iffy about in general... it looks less like the classic NES Megaman that I want and more like MMX7 Powered Up. I'm not just bitching about the 2.5d graphics, but that everything feels so easy and cutsy, like there's no threat at all. It all feels very slow, with only the ranking system giving any sense of urgency at all... even infinite air dashing feels slow. And how the hell can you make a decent platformer challenging when the player can basically fly at will and all the enemies are slow and stunable? I'm not wild about the whole idea of needing to dash into everything constantly either. Basically the dash is the problem... they fell way too much in love with that game mechanic and shoved it into everything.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri May 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Oh good im not the only one who hates the dash mechanic, also i have the opposite problem, it feels like it controls too much like classic megaman for me and not enough like X from the demo i played, i think its in this weird half state where it has no idea if it wants to be an X game or a Classic game, i would be perfectly happy with a Classic game too but i kind of expected an X game.

This game is neither.

Also Nemz mind renaming this to something like the kickstarter general thread? just because none of these kickstarter games are out yet its better to just have a merged thread about them for now as we wont be discussing them in detail till they are out tbh.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat May 23, 2015 7:40 am

Can't wait for the game but...... March 2017? I was expecting it next year.

I hope more game developers follow the same path, especially for franchises or genres that most people think dead like Shenmue.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:33 am

More good news!

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/bloodstained-coming-wii-u-ps-vita-stretch-goal-added
[Redacted]

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”