Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

facespace
Lilith

Just finished Inuyasha, now I'm sad. :(

•      
  •      

Postby facespace » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:47 am

After 2 months of watching Inuyasha, I am now done. And now I am really sad. I loved how the ending turned out, I am just sad that the adventure is over. I miss seing the characters develop and emotions grow. I was so emotional that I actually cried several times during the last episode. Did you have a similar reaction when finishing Inuyasha or any other anime/ manga?

But also now I need to find a new anime to fill its place. Anyone got any good suggestions that is fun, cute, funny, and exciting?
PEWPEWPEW

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Re: Just finished Inuyasha, now I'm sad. :(

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:53 am

View Original Postfacespace wrote:Did you have a similar reaction when finishing Inuyasha or any other anime/ manga?
Eva goes without saying, but I had a strong reaction to the end to Lain and Texnolyze. Both were like a blade in the gut.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: Just finished Inuyasha, now I'm sad. :(

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:03 am

View Original Postfacespace wrote:After 2 months of watching Inuyasha, I am now done. And now I am really sad. I loved how the ending turned out, I am just sad that the adventure is over. I miss seing the characters develop and emotions grow. I was so emotional that I actually cried several times during the last episode. Did you have a similar reaction when finishing Inuyasha or any other anime/ manga?

I heard there was a second 26 episode series that came out that was supposed to finish the story from the manga. Or something. Is that the "last episode" you saw, or did you see the non-ending that ended the original run?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:04 am

Inuyasha - the Final Act ran 26 episodes starting October '09.

Too many anime final episodes are just trainwrecks, especially the "original ending, do not steal" applied to adaptations of on-going manga series.

Tank-kun and Amazing Grace hit the sentiment overload level in the last episode of Sora no Woto; but apart from that can't say I've been affected except at the level of aesthetic evaluation of how well the series handled the destination compared with the journey. EoE, as a movie, doesn't count here.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:48 am

Why not check out other works by Rumiko Takahashi? Like Maison Ikkoku for example?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:31 am

Check out Ranma 1/2... in manga form. The anime sucks.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 am

I was actually glad when Inuyasha ended, the series was needlessly long and contrived and the story only really made real progress towards the beginning and towards the end of it. In the manga at least I did find Kaguras death scene to be really touching though, she was my favorite character in this.

But yeah for the most part imo inuyasha is probably one of Rumiko Takhashis weakest series, you should check out her other stuff as most of it is better imo.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:44 am

Sorry man, but reading this thread title did give me a good chuckle :D

After investing X00 hours of your life immersed in a story, it’s only natural that a sudden stop to it becomes a shock to the system.

I can suggest a few fun toons to fill… wait… fun AND funny!? Can’t help you there :[
Of course, that’s what the recommendations thread is for.

My other favourite toon shouldn’t leave you feeling too depressed when it’s over.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Obstermaxmaster
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Obstermaxmaster » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Oh Inuyahsa, I remember that show. Personally I'm glad that it was over. Because it meant no more of this and that.
I WISH DAYLIGHT SAVINGS NEVER HAPPENED SO WE CAN WATCH MORE KARE KANO ~ C.A.P. ON SKYPE

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Sad because of the amount of your life that you realize you just wasted on watching Inuyasha?
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:44 pm

I was kinda bummed by the fact that YuGiOu (the original series) ended, because it left unanswered questions, the manga was another continuity, and Duel Monsters sucks.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:14 pm

I stop liking Inuyasha when the Band of Seven arc ended. The series went on for long enough and stop caring for it. The 3rd movie is better then the whole series IMO.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:27 pm

I stop liking Inuyasha when the Band of Seven arc ended. The series went on for long enough and stop caring for it. The 3rd movie is better then the whole series IMO.

I agree, if I could use an analogy to describe this series, its like a dog that just keeps on chasing its tail and then after 100+ episodes finally manages to catch it.

I will say this, as long winded and contrived as the series was at least the series ended decently enough even if that ending should have come a lot sooner, I was afraid they were just going to do something stupid like having inuyasha turn human and live in the present without considering the possible negative ramifications of that like in all those fanfictions.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:52 pm

I remember watching the final act, having seen a fair number of regular episodes (also probably forgetting anything that happened after the Band of Seven), but I really don't remember much of what happened, though I remember thinking that it was an ok ending of a series that went on and on for a while. Whole thing is sort of a cyclic blur. I'm even a fan of Rumiko Takahashi's stuff.

facespace wrote:But also now I need to find a new anime to fill its place. Anyone got any good suggestions that is fun, cute, funny, and exciting?

You could try some of Takahashi's other works. Urusei Yatsura, also pretty long, is pretty good. The OVAs are ok, too, and some of the movies are pretty excellent (Beautiful Dreamer). Also, Maison Ikkoku is one of the best rom/com's in existence.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:07 am

Or Mario-kun!!. Definitely Mario-kun!!.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:24 pm

For real, though, check out Ranma 1/2. It's worlds better. Since it A) doesn't even pretend to have any sort of ongoing narrative and B) doesn't even pretend to take itself seriously, Takahashi's brand of character-driven non-storytelling feels right at home, unlike the unfocused, repetitive and overlong Inuyasha. Without attempting to have an actual plot, Takahashi is free to focus her energy on what she does best: devising wacky scenarios and letting the characters bounce off each other.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku are the best in my opinion

Ranma is ok too but doesn't really stand up to these two IMO

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Ranma 1/2 also had the problem of dragging on for too long though. I even dropped the manga (not to say the anime) at the middle because it started to fall into a pattern in later stories. I think Takahashi did Urusei Yatsura better as far as wacky love comedy short stories go.

Still I think Maison Ikkoku to be her best. Cute, wacky funny, but at the end marvelous characterization and realistic development for the protagonists and it has a most touching finale.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Inuyasha stopped being good after it switched animation styles. I forgot what arc that was or when it happened, but I remember watching an episode and suddenly thinking "oh no, are those the horribly smooth motion graphics of Gundam SEED I see?". I turned Adult Swim on a couple of years later to see that he had, like, three new powerups to his sword. Meh.

However, I still hold to this day that this is the best commercial Adult Swim ever made.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 pm

I turned Adult Swim on a couple of years later to see that he had, like, three new powerups to his sword. Meh.

Only 3?

These are all the powers Tessaiga has by the end, I may or may not be forgetting something

Wind scar
backlash wave
Barrier cutter
Diamond spears
Dragon scale energy aborbing
Fire
Meido

Return to “Anime and Manga”