Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:06 am

View Original PostMerridian wrote:fucking awesome news. I already own ADV's release, but if they audio/video is cleaned up then I'll consider getting Nozomi's anyway. I hope this means good things regarding Crusher Joe releases in the future.

Oh man, Nadesico too? Hell yes

They said the video is based off the Japanese release so I take that as a yes. :D What's more there going to have the ADV AND the Streamline Pictures dub. That's just awesome (Streamline dubs are so bad, there good. lol)

Not to get off topic but yeah, I'm actually kinda excited for Nadesico too. Granted, I've only seen a little of the show but I have such a fondness for 90's anime (Childhood nostalgia plus I just love the look of 90's anime. Ditto for 80's.) I'll probably buy regardless of quality... Or not. Who knows? I hear it's actually pretty good.
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

Cross of Iron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cross of Iron » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:12 pm

All of the original Dirty Pair movies are great. Project Eden was my first, but Flight 005 Conspiracy might be my favorite of the three, mainly because of the awesome plot.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Dirty Pair

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:07 am

Can't believe this series doesn't have a thread of its own yet, since it was one of the most popular sci-fi anime back in the day. It really did have everything fans seemed to want back then: cool space battles, attractive women, innuendo-filled humor, and a cheerful willingness to embrace the cliches it used. What ar you guys' thoughts on it?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lovely Angels

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:36 pm

The lack of thread is a testament to how the Lovely Angels are Eighties af. As indeed you can see in the responses to this post:-

View Original PostFireball wrote:Watching something dirty

SPOILER: Show

In any case, so far as I'm concerned, Dirty Pair is an American comic book first, an anime a distant second.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Dirty Pair

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Besides Project E.D.E.N, I'm only really familiar with the Flash incarnation of the Lovely Angels.

DPF eps 1-6/"Mission One" was a pretty awful 90's action toon with a strong 80s hangover. The final villain gets orange eye-whites. lolwut
DPF eps 7-11/"Mission Two" wasn't much better, but it did have a good (and horribly misleading) opening title sequence.
DPF eps 12-16/"Mission Three" is a guilty pleasure of mine. There's something about the "We've given up" delivery of the opening that just tickles me.

Can you tell I like the Dirty Pair OPs?
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:07 pm

TBH, I never really liked Flash or the American comics. The original novels and their anime adaptation were always the best incarnation of the series, hence my posting the thread in this section. That said, does anyone know where I can read the 2010 manga adaptation of the novels? I know it covers the first novel, The Great Adventure Of The Dirty Pair, but aside from that I don't know much about it.

Also, here's a piece of fan-art I found:
SPOILER: Show
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:37 am

Its been ages since I saw this anime and I really enjoyed it at the time as I was grabbing any anime I could as it was so limited and I remember finding this along with Bubblegum Crisis and I do remember sniggering at it and I also enjoyed the reboot The Dirty pair Flash though I never read the manga's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maErOhW6d4U
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Do you know anywhere where I could read the manga?

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:28 pm

The franchise first began as a novel series with the first two volumes published in English. Other than the comics by Adam Warren from the 90s and early 2000s, I don't think there is a manga version. If there is, it probably came out around the time of the anime, and then faded into obscurity.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:30 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:I don't think there is a manga version.

There was something announced in 2010, but this is the only data point I have of it

Also, found pre-existing thread and merged the new one into it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:48 am

I've been looking all over for a place where I can read that.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:31 am

I'm bumping this thread, because I have a question. So, I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about this anime, and I show him this fan-art I found:
https://www.deviantart.com/critterz11/a ... -747253624
He said that it reminded him of a scene in an episode of the anime where Mughi does exactly that. But I've watched every episode, and can't find it. What's he talking about?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:57 am

^
How many more excuses are you going to find to link that thing?

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:18 am

None. I just thought it was funny. :um:

Return to “Anime and Manga”