If Mari and Asuka are/were Gay. . .

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:57 pm

I kind of have to second the idea of Asuka and Mari getting it on while Shinji masturbates in the closet.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:30 pm

That's just digusting.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:39 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:That's just digusting.

And something similiar was used in State of Mercy... :uhh:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:40 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Kimochi warui.

Fixed that for you.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Of course although I find it disgusting, if Anno is planning on having a repeat of EOE with Final . . . I could see something like that happening. He's out of his mind and it would drive the point of how pathetic, and how far into despair he's fallen. As if 3.0 wasn't enough.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:12 pm

It isn't an Evangelion finale without some cum on screen. Plus, it would blow apart the whole blood on hand/cum on hand bookends that the original series had that's already been set up for Rebuild.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Kimochi Warui indeed.

Shoujo Kakumei Asuka
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shoujo Kakumei Asuka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:29 pm

I know you've been talking about this seriously, but as much as I've complained about Rebuild, I don't think Anno would put in a scene like that. Not only did he say earlier that he's excising many of the sexual elements, but I don't think a scene of Shinji masturbating to Asuka and Mari would add in any particular meaning other than making fun of Shinji/otaku. Seriously, it's not a statement that would actually help people in Shinji's situation do anything other than hate themselves more. For it being such an edgy scene with such little payoff, I really don't think anything like that'll happen.

Maybe Shinji will castrate himself, that would be more shocking... while still adding little of value.
I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over... - Spike Spiegel

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Jeez! He's catatonic, not Theon Greyjoy!

Ispellnogood
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ispellnogood » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:29 am

I kind of have to second the idea of Asuka and Mari getting it on while Shinji masturbates in the closet.

A poll should be started.

Who should Shinji fap to, in the Otaku cuckold scene that will most likely be in final?

Asuka and ?
Rei and ?
Asuka and Mari.
Rei and Gendo. :cringe:

No matter what you choose, the only sexual thing shown will be Shinji's semen. The rest will be implied.

And something similiar was used in State of Mercy

:lol: That fanfic!

I always thought that author and anno have something common. Clearly anno is a better writer though.

Two things really, as I remember that fic refering to Gendo as the "cool ikari".

He's out of his mind and it would drive the point of how pathetic, and how far into despair he's fallen. As if 3.0 wasn't enough.

And we all know who Shinji is meant to be represent. Q might be just the start, the beginiing of Shinji/otaku waking up to see the harsh reality and the ruined state he/they caused the world/Japan.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:08 pm

If Asuka and Mari are gay, then we've been missing out on some hot, hot sexing for the past fourteen years.

But on a serious note... if they're gay, so what? All it means is that they may have possibly been boning, which while it opens up a new avenue through which we can explore these characters, really shouldn't affect how we see them as people.

@Ispellnogood: We used to have polls. They were banned. I think they were banned because people used them for foolish things.

Sadako
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sadako » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:42 pm

My feeling is that no real romantic relationships will happen in Final – there won’t be time amid all the terror, pain, death and building-sized bio-mecha ripping each other to bloody shreds while we listen to random bits of Beethoven.

And I’m fine with that.

But if we must pry, I can see Asuka x Mari making a lot more sense than Asuka x Shinji. For one thing, they’ve lived and fought together for fourteen years. Even if there’s no actual relationship, they might fall into bed together occasionally after a hard day at the office.

Shinji? He’s been out of the picture for fourteen years. FOURTEEN YEARS. There are people who were hugely important to me fourteen years ago that I probably wouldn’t recognise if we passed on the street, now. And I haven’t spent any of that time scrabbling to survive amidst the bleached bones of everything I ever loved.

No wonder nobody will give Shinji the time of day when he wakes up. He’s been gone too long.

And back to the romance side of things. Asuka is 27-28 now, mentally if not physically. Getting it on with Shinji should squick her the hell out.
'Some people are right-wing, some are left-wing. I'm kind of in the fuselage, wondering why we haven't taken off yet.'

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:55 pm

View Original PostSadako wrote:And back to the romance side of things. Asuka is 27-28 now, mentally if not physically. Getting it on with Shinji should squick her the hell out.

Not that I'm arguing that there is going to be any romance in Final, but your brain doesn't develop if your entire body stays the same. She's had the experiences of someone who's been alive for 28 years, but that only goes so far toward maturation when your hormones and brain stay in perpetual teenage chaos for 14 years straight. None of the pilots are really 28-year-old adults in teenage bodies; they're 28-year-old teenagers stuck in a developmentally stunted state of incomplete growth.

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:09 pm

View Original PostSadako wrote:And back to the romance side of things. Asuka is 27-28 now, mentally if not physically. Getting it on with Shinji should squick her the hell out.

Didn't stop NGE Misato (twice, depending on how you count!) :devil:
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Ispellnogood
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ispellnogood » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:03 am

But on a serious note... if they're gay, so what? All it means is that they may have possibly been boning, which while it opens up a new avenue through which we can explore these characters, really shouldn't affect how we see them as people.

I don't mind them being gay. I do think Shikinami is simply meant to be someone who looks down on Shinji with disgust, so it's very hard to like her at all. Mari seems like someone they just didn't know what to do with, so she's just there. I am in the "Soryu > Shikinami" crowd so I could understand a bit of butthurt, that butthurt might be intentional actually. Asuka and Mari are lacking in the character department, so making them lesbians would seem sort of like a "Gay for the sake of being Gay" thing. While I wouldn't like a new Shinji fapping scene which features Asuka and Mari, I would prefer the fap scene over Asuka simply giving Mari a kiss and an "I love you" that would seem just lazy to me.

Didn't stop NGE Misato (twice, depending on how you count!)

Has anything really been appropriate in any anime?

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm an unashamed kittyshipper (yes, that's what I call it), but I doubt we'll see nothing confirming or denying it in the fourth movie. There's just going to be too much other stuff going on, and too little time to waste on a romantic subplot. If we get it at all, it'll be during some ending segment or during the credits.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Apox
Embryo

Re: If Mari and Asuka are/were Gay. . .

•      
  •      

Postby Apox » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:11 am

I can see mari and Asuka in a "friends with benefits" relationship. I don't think either of them are full on lesbos. I think it would be terrible if Asuka still has feelings for Shinji other than a fledging friendship after 14 years and the limited time they were together. However this IS anime, and I'm not sure anno really gives a shit anymore.

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:36 am

Evangelion is the only fanbase where it's possible to have really deep discussions about how thought-provoking it is while also talking about its main character jerking off to two 14-year-old giant robot pilots fucking.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:40 pm

View Original PostDirector Black wrote:Evangelion is the only fanbase where it's possible to have really deep discussions about how thought-provoking it is while also talking about its main character jerking off to two 14-year-old giant robot pilots fucking.

Hey hey, they're 28 now, remember? They just look 14. That means it's... uh... okay?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:47 am

^ Well, one of them is 28. We still don't know Mari's are at any given point in the series.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”